Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic Tracy Young | Bounce Nightclub | Saturday 8.25.07

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: JG Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:22 pm
 Post Post subject: Tracy Young | Bounce Nightclub | Saturday 8.25.07
Event: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:00 pm

* Infamous circuit Dj Tracy Young is playing Cleveland for an invitation-only event.... although Bounce may not be some peoples cup of tea, Tracy is well-worth the adventure. In spite of her *humble beginings* as Madonna's personal party dj (even playing her wedding in Scottland) Tracy has grown into an established remixer/producer working with blah blah and blah.... everyone you would think she might play for in Miami and blah blah I'm sure nobody cares. Industry professionals and/or music heads hit me up if you want tickets, or go to Grand Poo Bas. Its a free show. Thanks... I'll see you there - J

DJ TRACY YOUNG - MIAMI

Saturday, August 25th

No Cover :: Invitation-Only :: 18 to dance :: 21 to cocktail

2814 Detroit Avenue
(at the corner of W 28th)
Cleveland, OH

TRACY YOUNG BIO:

http://www.myspace.com/djtracyyoungmusic

In the highly competitive and male dominated world of Club DJs Tracy Young is the exception to the rule. One of a handful of accomplished Producer/ re-mix artists in the industry, Young is the most requested female DJ in the world.

Tracy Young’s path to stardom started while attending the University of Maryland where her unique mix of Hip Hop, Funk, and Old School made her one of the hottest DJs in the nation’s capital and landed her a segment on the Donnie Simpson radio morning show as well as several BET appearances on Rap City.

Seeking to expand her horizons Young moved to Miami in 1998 to work with Interscope Records and to explore the booming music scene in South Beach. It was in South Beach that Young met club impresario Ingrid Casares who impressed by Young’s mastery of the turntables asked her to become a resident DJ at Casares’s legendary club, Liquid.
In that capacity she developed an immense following of international fans and brought the house down again and again at events and parties for celebrities including Lenny Kravitz, The Smashing Pumpkins, Ricky Martin, Sean Puffy Combs, Russell Simmons, and Cher. It was at one such event , The Millenium Party, that Madonna heard Young spin her magic and was so impressed that the super star asked Young to play at her movie premiere for ‘The Next Best Thing’ in New York, her CD release party for ‘Music’ in L A, and at her wedding to Guy Ritchie in Scotland.
In Miami Young continued her work in radio and became an instant success on the number one rated Power 96 morning show. She was asked to appear as the DJ on MTV’s House of Style hosted by Cindy Crawford, Rebecca Rojmain and Daisy Fuentes. MTV was so impressed by Young’s performance that they asked her to return to the network as a guest star in the wildly popular Sisqo’s Shakedown.

Beyond her radio, TV, and international schedule of appearances as a headliner in top clubs, events and parties around the globe, Tracy Young’s studio work has positioned her among the top Producer/ re-mix artists in the world and as such has infused her signature style into the Latin rhythms of Enrique Iglesias, Gloria Estefan, and Shakira; the eclectic sounds of The Pet Shop Boys and Simply Red, and has added her unmistakable dance spin to icons including Christina Aguilera, Stevie Nicks, Paris Hilton, Chaka Khan, Cyndi Lauper, Mariah Carey, and Madonna; administering a musical symphony to the latter’s smash hit, ‘Music’ that was labeled an emotional masterpiece by Billboard magazine. The track was an amazing success and was followed by three further remixes for Madonna including ‘Easy Ride’, which is featured in Young’s smash hit compilation CD ‘Danceculture’. Young has also successfully worked with Broadway productions including Rent and Wicked; remixing Tracy Thomas’ rendition of Take Me or Leave Me for the former and Adina Menzel’s Define Gravity for the latter.
Under her label, Ferosh Records, Tracy Young is about to release her 7th CD, Danceculture, Vol. 2 a compilation of original re-mixes by today’s hottest artists as well as original works. Danceculture Vol 2 promises to become yet another classic by this world renowned artist.

Last edited by JG on Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted by: Random(seed) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Level 3 Dungeon Master
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:29 pm
 Post Post subject:

Can we get some validation or what here people.
Geeeeze, maybe I am just grumpy today.

Re(Vision)
Every Weds @ Annabell's [Ak]

"Minimal house-no is the shit"

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:01 pm
 Post Post subject:

I saw Tracy Young play at Fly in Toronto (the original Babylon from television's Queer as Folk) in 2003. She threw down some siiiiick tribal madness and had the shirtless hands in the air steroid-abusing packed-to-capacity crowd in a frenzy.

Posted by: Random(seed) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Level 3 Dungeon Master
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:09 pm
 Post Post subject:

Been eyeballing that spot for a second, good reason to go check it out.

Re(Vision)
Every Weds @ Annabell's [Ak]

"Minimal house-no is the shit"

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:50 pm
 Post Post subject:

This gets the "Most Random Booking of the Year" award. I haven't seen her name in at least 6 or 7 years (when I lived in South Florida.) Totally unexpected. She plays really hard, or at least she did. Interesting.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: pepper spray Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Grammar Nazi
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:32 am
 Post Post subject:

damn. i thought i read tracy thorn for a second. course i'm also drunk.

Posted by: ErockUSA Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:12 am
 Post Post subject:

Stiffilicious wrote:
damn...course i'm also drunk.

Why am I not surprised? Wink Then again, I was asleep at West Tech Lofts till Noon Sunday.

Anyway, Jessica, please find me...I'll personally hype the (bleep) out of that show! Just check my MySpace for proof.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: JG Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:50 pm
 Post Post subject:

my ticket girl was supposed to drop off tix to poo bas but for some reason she either didnt, or they got lost???? so... i just dropped off about a million tickets for the show. sorry for any confusion.

you can (for real now) pick them up here:

*grand poo bas*
11823 Detroit Ave.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
phone: (216) 521-9177
Friday: Noon - 8
Saturday: Noon - 6

.... the more the merrier...

Page 1 of 1