Location: Cleveland, OH
Back to top
|Everything posted MONDAY MARCH 12 was lost in addition to thing past 10 pm on Sunday March 11.
Apparently there was a sever problem with the host and forum where there was some data corruption. I just noticed when I got up this morning, we were completely offline - and then ended up back on while I was trying to troubleshoot.
Apparently my host was working on it and restored from backup. We are apparently fine now.
More info later today when I have it, but here is what was going on yesterday for you techies:
MONDAY MARCH 12:
1: 8:35AM EST: Crippling high server load.
Today was a rough day for web1. The morning started with a Crippling
high load, at one point the load was at 175
top - 09:01:27 up 105 days, 2:55, 1 user, load average: 96.46, 174.73, 109.7
Tasks: 304 total, 4 running, 299 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie
I was able to recover from that, but it took like 20 minutes....
2: 4:40 PM EST: Lack of response. Possibly high load. No
response from Console or SSH.
I was unable to recover from this afternoons incident. Unable to
access via SSH or IPMI console. I had to power cycle the server, and
then I upgraded the kernel to the latest revision.
I also modified my.conf slightly. quadrupled the sort buffer to 16
megs. Decreased the key buffer to 64 megs, was 96M.
Linux web1.reverse.net 2.6.9-50.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Mar 6 18:14:44 EST 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux