Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : The Food Court: Dining Out or In
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:53 am
 Post Post subject: Margarita Month | Johnny Mango | May 2006

Mark calendars now for Friday, May 5th, Cinco de Mayo, our all-day Fiesta.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 January 1949

Mrs. Margarita Sames

38 Locust Street

Dallas, Texas, E.U.

Dear Margarita Sames,

I hear of the two-week fiesta at your Acapulco villa last magnificent Christmas, and hear who attends, John Wayne, Fred MacMurray, Lana Turner and Mr. Hilton, senor of great wealth in hotels. There are many words flying, flying that your friends of moving pictures enjoy much “your creative”, a drink of my country’s tequila, the juices of lime, and sweet orange liquor. And salt spun a circle of the rim glass.

Margarita Sames, I say I am the true creation of the Margarita drink! And shall I tell its story?

Keeping bar I was eleven years ago at Rosarita Beach, as I do this night. The name of bar Rancho Gloria and we see many amigos from your United States. I tell this so you know!

One midnight I hear a voice “Make for me a drink especial, with tequila, sweet and salt! Por favor, pronto!” I look up. It is the mouthful of a young Americana of great beauty and stories of mystery, whose name I remember Marjorie King and what is called a show girl. I make drink same as you, Margarita Sames, yet eleven years ago!

I name it Margarita for the beautiful senorita, and I make another and the next night for her, too, and many more drinks and many more nights! Until time steals her beauty and the senorita come back to California, to make a new profession, maybe?

Margarita Sames, I beg not one peso of your fantastic wealth! I tell this story so you know!

Senor Carlos Herrera

“First Maker of Margarita!”

363 Avenida Benito Juarez

Tijuana, E.U. de Mex.

Now Celebrating Margarita Month at both Johnny Mango Cafes. Try spectacular creations like Mango, Strawberry-Banana, Pomegranite or Watermelon Margaritas! Plan Cinco de Mayo at Mango!

...Gary Richmond

P.S. Mark calendars now for Friday, May 5th, Cinco de Mayo, our all-day Fiesta.

Last edited by Derek Carney on Tue May 02, 2006 1:42 am; edited 5 times in total

Posted by: Naps Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mix Librarian
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:52 am
 Post Post subject:

MMMMMM, Mango's!! Miss those Mojitos!!! Crying or Very sad

Posted by: Archived Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:43 pm
 Post Post subject:

They are smoke free?? Music to mine ears!

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:55 pm
 Post Post subject:

Mark Strauss wrote:

um, they obviously have been for nearly a year.

Some of the other smokers on here might crucify me for this, but I wouldn't mind an indoor smoking ban...When we were in NYC this spring it really wasn't an issue at all to wander outside occasionally...plus we smoked less and our clothes didn't reek of smoke at the end of the night.

Last edited by Jamie Tyler on Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted by: Naps Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mix Librarian
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:00 pm
 Post Post subject:

Actually I never thought I would like a smoking ban either, but after going to a few parties in Columbus you can really tell a difference in the smoke free air!! It was actually really nice not to have your clothes smell and it was actually easier to breathe. Who would have thought :wink:

Posted by: jovana Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:43 pm
 Post Post subject:

Jamie Tyler wrote:

Some of the other smokers on here might crucify me for this, but I wouldn't mind an indoor smoking ban...When we were in NYC this spring it really wasn't an issue at all to wander outside occasionally...plus we smoked less and our clothes didn't reek of smoke at the end of the night.

that was in the spring. try wandering outside to smoke at 1am in the middle of winter in cleveland. -20 degrees is just no fun. (you are also at a significant health risk going from a hot club to such cold temp over and over again. the shock to your body makes you much more likely to get sick.)

anyway...back to salads...

life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman. you only call her a bitch because she wont give up that pussy. maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an asshole, who couldn't sweet talk a princess...

Posted by: Archived Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:47 pm
 Post Post subject:

jovana wrote:
that was in the spring. try wandering outside to smoke at 1am in the middle of winter in cleveland. -20 degrees is just no fun. (you are also at a significant health risk going from a hot club to such cold temp over and over again. the shock to your body makes you much more likely to get sick.)

going from hot temps to cold temps quickly won't give you leukemia or emphysema. Rolling Eyes

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:51 pm
 Post Post subject:

jovana wrote:

anyway...back to salads...

Last OT post (for this thread) I'm used to that. I don't smoke inside my apartment, I use my balcony. it sucks in the winter and I smoke a lot less as a result (not a bad thing). I'd take the trade-off.

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:35 pm
 Post Post subject:

Jamie Tyler wrote:
Mark Strauss wrote:

Yeah, I actually really liked to smoking ban in NYC too...so much better for the health, and not a nuisance at all.

Posted by: candice radin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:07 pm
 Post Post subject:

i like smoking inside places.. (including jamie's apartment)
except for johnny mango b/c that place is good.
we will be there probably 4 times this month for salad days. mmmmm Smile

I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:47 pm
 Post Post subject:

Gary Richmond wrote:
The celebration of fall has begun, a time to celebrate with family, friends and food. Johnny Mango Willoughby is a great gathering place this holiday season… spacious, fun, inexpensive, comfortable, and smoke free! Reserve the party room in Willoughby this month for free. Perfect for office parties too! Call (440)975-8811

Don't want to leave the office? Johnny Mango now offers a delivery service! You can have Pad Thai, Chicken Quesadillas, and Bangkok BBQ Chicken without leaving your home or office. Believe me, this will come in handy when the snow starts falling. Contact www.DeliverMeFood.com or call (216)229-1600 to place an order.

Taco Tuesday has arrived in Ohio City! $1 beef or bean tacos starting at 4pm in both locations. Sea el Taco.

Stop in this month, have a hot apple cider and see what Matt Fish has stir-fried up for Chopstick Month.

Happy Fall!

I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:52 pm
 Post Post subject:

Gary Richmond wrote:
Reward for Chickpea Thieves!

A reward of NIS 10,000 is offered for identification of the masked criminals who attacked and tied up the night watchman at Kibbutz Einat Tuesday 19/07/05, while stealing 75 tons of harvested chickpeas. Those with information pertaining to the robbery should contact the Rosh Ha'ayin City Police Department immediately!

Gila Gamliel

Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development

Tel Aviv, Israel

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Scoop homemade hummus onto warm pita throughout February while Chef Mango rubs his magic lantern and transforms his toque into an urban turban! Introducing the first-ever Middle East Month at the cafes! For 28 days and 28 nights, feast on hearty Chicken Freka, Lentil and Spinach Soup, or Egyptian Kushari, all washed down with your favorite beverage!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

ORDER NOW FOR YOUR SUPER BOWL PARTY:

Homemade Hummus $ 5.00/pint

Our Famous Tomato Salsa $ 5.00/pint

Guacamole $ 10.00/pint

Mango Salsa $ 10.00/pint

ORDER BEFORE 5 PM SATURDAY, FEB. 4 & PICK UP ON SUPER SUNDAY!

(Ohio City: 216-575-1919 Willoughby: 440-975-8811)

Posted by: sprocket Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:02 pm
 Post Post subject:

sounds good, but most of the middle eastern food from restaurnats here just isnt the same as when i've gone to visit my family in Lebanon, where exactly is the willoughby location?

I<3CNL
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:27 pm
 Post Post subject:

September 10, 1894

Mr. Harry Coverte

President

The Vegetarian Society

Oxford Road

Manchester, UK M13 9PL

Dear Harry,

I regret I am unable to attend the 47th annual General Meeting of the Society next month.

I hope you send my salutations to our 63 fellows of vegetarian style!

Regarding the polling of the members' habitual diet and exercise, I am pleased to respond:

I regularly consume beans at dinner with other vegetables; potatoes and cabbage, frequently; wholemeal bread and butter for tea, breakfast and supper, sometimes with cheese.

My occupation is not a very laborious one, a hospital sentry in Westminster, with work hours of 8 in the morning until half past eight in the eve. From my home in Stockwell, it is merely a brisk three mile walk to work each day.

To Glorious Health,

Landon Ching

Vegetarian Society Member #039

Johnny Mango salutes Vegetarian Style the entire month of March with yummy meatless specials to fulfill any tummy! If you can't go entirely meatless, try Johnny's secret sangria margarita instead. Gary Richmond

I<3CNL
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:18 pm
 Post Post subject:

Dear Springers,

April is a busy month! Johnny Mango welcomes Spring with four preludes, something for kids, the adults, the hurried and the leisurely:

KIDS' MENU:
Don't forget kids have menu options at each Johnny Mango. See the kids'menu items at
http://www.jmango.com/monthlyspec0405.html.

HAPPY HOURS: Half off beers and wine! Two dollars off spirits (the liquid kind)! These discounts available 4 pm ‘til 7 pm, Friday only, in Willoughby and Ohio City. Slog in, bounce out.

TAKE-OUT MONTH: Like the last 2 years, there's now a 10% discount on food and beverages taken away, through April 30th. Start the Picnic Season, get Mango in the sack.

PATIO OPENS!: in Ohio City. Stretch out under blue skies beginning once the weather

breaks!

Boing,

Gary Richmond

P.S. Mark calendars now for Friday, May 5th, Cinco de Mayo, our all-day Fiesta.

'If Mexico had St. Patrick's Day, they still wouldn't drink green margaritas."

I<3CNL
Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:40 am
 Post Post subject:

30 January 1949

Mrs. Margarita Sames

38 Locust Street

Dallas, Texas, E.U.

Dear Margarita Sames,

I hear of the two-week fiesta at your Acapulco villa last magnificent Christmas, and hear who attends, John Wayne, Fred MacMurray, Lana Turner and Mr. Hilton, senor of great wealth in hotels. There are many words flying, flying that your friends of moving pictures enjoy much “your creative”, a drink of my country’s tequila, the juices of lime, and sweet orange liquor. And salt spun a circle of the rim glass.

Margarita Sames, I say I am the true creation of the Margarita drink! And shall I tell its story?

Keeping bar I was eleven years ago at Rosarita Beach, as I do this night. The name of bar Rancho Gloria and we see many amigos from your United States. I tell this so you know!

One midnight I hear a voice “Make for me a drink especial, with tequila, sweet and salt! Por favor, pronto!” I look up. It is the mouthful of a young Americana of great beauty and stories of mystery, whose name I remember Marjorie King and what is called a show girl. I make drink same as you, Margarita Sames, yet eleven years ago!

I name it Margarita for the beautiful senorita, and I make another and the next night for her, too, and many more drinks and many more nights! Until time steals her beauty and the senorita come back to California, to make a new profession, maybe?

Margarita Sames, I beg not one peso of your fantastic wealth! I tell this story so you know!

Senor Carlos Herrera

“First Maker of Margarita!”

363 Avenida Benito Juarez

Tijuana, E.U. de Mex.

Now Celebrating Margarita Month at both Johnny Mango Cafes. Try spectacular creations like Mango, Strawberry-Banana, Pomegranite or Watermelon Margaritas! Plan Cinco de Mayo at Mango!

...Gary Richmond

Page 1 of 1