Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : DJs, Producers, Promoters, Music Discussion Forum
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: citizenj Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:58 am
 Post Post subject: Some stickers for to promote the site.

yo-
I can get 100 stickers for $25 bucks. black bumper stickers w/ white text but screw it, if we put enough on our cars people might start noticing. am I gonna have to pay for the lot myself or any a you cheap bastids gonna kick in?
:wink:

pm me so I know what's up.

current text on sticker:
clevelandnightlife.net
events.reviews.honest discussion

anybody wanna change that up some?

also possible:
clevelandnightlife.net
like momma warned ya 'bout

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:59 am
 Post Post subject:

for to promote.....

damn i gotta cut back on the percocet......

jeesh. Embarassed

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:05 pm
 Post Post subject:

lol.

There is at least one plan underway to promote the site.

I'm thining of putting up a donation banner so we can buy a vinyl banner to hang at events. I don't know if the donation thing or making people pay for banner ads is the wiser idea. In the future, there will be a way to "weight" the banners according to level (free, midrange, premium) but that doesn't solve the immediate need for a vinyl banner or two to hang up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:06 pm
 Post Post subject:

Good idea I have been talking about this forever, we should def all pitch a few bones and get a shit load of them and plaster them all over the streets...Someone wanna use there paypal account to collect funds? I can if you want.

Are they only black and white?

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:08 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:
lol.

There is at least one plan underway to promote the site.

I'm thining of putting up a donation banner so we can buy a vinyl banner to hang at events. I don't know if the donation thing or making people pay for banner ads is the wiser idea. In the future, there will be a way to "weight" the banners according to level (free, midrange, premium) but that doesn't solve the immediate need for a vinyl banner or two to hang up.

Seriously get like 5 bucks from everyone who frequents this site. Its the least ppl could do to help.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:11 pm
 Post Post subject:

bushwik wrote:
Good idea I have been talking about this forever, we should def all pitch a few bones and get a shit load of them and plaster them all over the streets...Someone wanna use there paypal account to collect funds? I can if you want.

I can set up a paypal account for this.

Good idea Citizen J!!!

Are there price breaks for quantity?
If not then I suggest several different banners/slogans.
We need a simple logo, too. We need more than one so that we can vote on it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:12 pm
 Post Post subject:

doug-
stick a jar up on the counter with a 'clevelandnightlife.net promo fund' label on it and start collecting whatever people put up.

I'll just buy the bumper stickers myself and bring 'em up to the shop when they get here.

I'm going w/ the 'like momma warned ya 'bout' tagline though....

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:17 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:
bushwik wrote:

I can set up a paypal account for this.

Good idea Citizen J!!!

Are there price breaks for quantity?
If not then I suggest several different banners/slogans.
We need a simple logo, too. We need more than one so that we can vote on it.

Doug maybe a logo contest is in the cards, for some free music or some shit. You are right though we should vote or something.

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:24 pm
 Post Post subject:

only problem-
for the stickers you can only use their stock graphics.
I've got a crescent moon and stars on one side and a martini glass on the other.

but yeah, we definitely need a logo for this here thang.

I'll buy the first hundred and bring em up to the shop.

we'll figure out where to go from there.

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:38 pm
 Post Post subject:

Thanks for taking the initiative, Citizen...

PM me w/ your e-mail and phone info and we'll help you out

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:54 am
 Post Post subject:

Instead of merely collecting $5 from anyone/everyone...

why not... gasp... hold a CNL benefit event that costs $5 to get in and all the money goes into the promotions fund. Get local deejizzles on here to spin for free... and make the crowd krump and clown.

I'd gladly donate my visuals for such an event... incorporating said logo into the video mix, of course.

:wink:

Posted by: Forte Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Grippa Trill
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:58 am
 Post Post subject:

Since we're underway planning I <3 DnB later this year, we've been looking around and Paul got a really good quote for 2000 bumper stickers at i think $200. Moreover, I think PayPaling donations is an awesome way to get some start up money.

BUT...to cue in reality...you dont really need to waste money on print advertising. If someone wants to make a pretty little flashing banner, I'd be happy to include it in my sig on any boards im on, as well as do my own "distribution".

I think this site is in many ways a testament to the Cleveland collective involving EDM and bits other of things that overlap it. Allthough this scene is in a drought (everyone has an opinion on what kind of "lasting" drought), one of my main beliefs that really has brought it down, is lack of organization. Lack of concentration. Sure, on many levels, but most importantly in the marketing. People need to have a spot to come and see whats going on. I'm proud to say the hyperreal.org/pbcle site has and still does a large amount of good to the scene, but now bboards rule the internet...it gives promoters and people more individuality.

I say to hell with other boards...Lord knows im on enough. Shit, we even have one on our site who's purpose I wonder about. Lets make this about cleveland. Lets make this about Cleveland.

forte@koala-tea.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:51 am
 Post Post subject:

ok, so when and where are we gonna hold the clevelandnightlife.net fundraiser?

just find me a venue and date, I'll get the lineup, flyers, door guys (if necessary), and maybe a nice cake and some punch.

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:03 pm
 Post Post subject:

I <3 making pretty little FLASH-ing banners.

If anyone wants to get together and work on that with me, I'll donate my FLASH skills.

Posted by: Touch Supper Club Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:14 pm
 Post Post subject:

We can get 1000 4" square or round however you want them to look as long as they fit in that size and are black and white for $99.

Very Happy

dine::::::drink::::::dance::::::connect

Online Supper Reservations Here

Cleveland: Pay for what you get.

Posted by: johnnylarock Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:27 pm
 Post Post subject:

I'd be down for helping or playing the event. As for the stickers too, I'd be down. We could also get buttons 50 for 13$ from this place Punkit, which I got them from and they look awesome. You design them yourself, which is cool. So we could put a logo on them. I'm guessing the 100 stickers for 25 is from Sticker Junkie? Does anyone know a place where you can submit your own logos for around the same price? Sticker Junkie works well, but their stock pics suck.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: jdat Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:53 pm
 Post Post subject:

johnnylarock wrote:
I'd be down for helping or playing the event. As for the stickers too, I'd be down. We could also get buttons 50 for 13$ from this place Punkit, which I got them from and they look awesome. You design them yourself, which is cool. So we could put a logo on them. I'm guessing the 100 stickers for 25 is from Sticker Junkie? Does anyone know a place where you can submit your own logos for around the same price? Sticker Junkie works well, but their stock pics suck.

www.stickerguy.net

Posted by: ramzi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:29 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:

I'm thining of putting up a donation banner so we can buy a vinyl banner to hang at events.

To cross threads...One great thing we could all do to get more people into electronic music would be to promote clevelandnightlife.net

Maybe we could get 10,000 "evergreen" postcards printed? That'd be a years worth of promotion.

clevelandnightlife.net does much more for the community than any of the print magazines. I'd throw in $100 to have our logo and website on one side of 10,000 postcards.

Anyone else interested??? TymzeUp could we make this happen????

Ramzi

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:01 pm
 Post Post subject:

Whatever you guys want to do...

We do need to get a moderation team in place to make things a little more welcome... and I think we should have a "staff" around here that has different responsibilites. I want my role to be reduced to creative input and maintence... so.... who wants to step up? I think there should be some sort of democracy and whatnot. El presidente or something.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:51 pm
 Post Post subject: organize

I am willing to organize or help citizenj take lead in whatever needs to be done (i.e, ordering swag). Doug I say you act as a secretary or treasurer or whatnot b/c you are somewhat in the middle of the loop and probably see more people in general than anyone else on here. Doug if you don't want to I can set up a paypal account to collect small increments of funds from our board members (I know u mentioned something about that earlier). I say no less than $5-$10 a piece to start and then we'll see what kind of results/return we get. If we have to put in more between us than so be it. But I say we start at $5-$10. There are a lot of people on this board and we should be able to gather a good amount of money. Of course we'll accept any amount but hope we can get at least $5 from everyone willing to donate.

Postions we need to fill:

We need someone to find the right printer

We need someone to finalize a design (dont know if we are still planning on getting a logo or not)

We need people to tell others to donate and to help organize a fundraiser event possibly.

Anything else u guys can think of?

Page 1 of 2