Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: PhuturePhysix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:33 pm
 Post Post subject: D:Fuse "Begin Tour" Double Date

**D:FUSE back to back weekend!**
-Friday April.15 (Cloud9/Cleveland)W/Anthony Atalla
-Saturday April.16 (Bleu/Detroit)W/Kenneth Thomas

Both shows:
*18+
*pre-sale tickets available on www.wantickets.com
*Info: WWW.CLUBPLANET.COM
www.trunightlife.com
www.cloud9lounge.com
www.purefuturedetroit.com
www.djkenneththomas.com

phuturephysix@yahoo.com
"to walk in someone elses footsteps, means you'll leave no impression on the earth"

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:36 pm
 Post Post subject: why?

No offense but I can not believe you guys booked D:Fuse again...Didnt we have this conversation in the forum this summer already?

What is this infacuation with D:Fuse anyway? Dude has been here like 6 times in the last two years....Shit...I have never in my life seen such a thing...If you've got money to spend on an event why in the hell is it the same exact DJ over and over and over again...

I know, I know you didnt book this you are just promoting it...Well tell your handlers to wake up and start finding talent that doesnt know how to get around Cleveland by themselves at this point....

The scene doesnt need anymore D:Fuse record release tours...this is stale and if I am the only one to have the balls to say than so be it.

No drama please just give me a clue cuz I must be missing something....

Rolling Eyes

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:40 pm
 Post Post subject:

D:Fuse = guaranteed money. Simple as that. Mellon isn't about taking risks.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:49 pm
 Post Post subject:

Risks? Charging what $12 at the door of Cloud 9...You can fill that place with a better dj and charge less and still make out.. It doesnt come down to cutting it even, it will fill..Guarantee Kaskade sells out this weekend and they are charging $15 at the door. Kaskade is is a good booking...Jamie you know theres better out there that would fill that place just as well if not better...Theres a hundred sick house dj's in the U.S that would love to play Cloud 9 I just wish our peers could be enlightened with something they havent been keen to yet, it pisses me off...

Last edited by bushwik on Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:54 pm
 Post Post subject:

bushwik wrote:
Risks? Charging what $12 at the door of Cloud Nine...You can fill that place with a better dj and charge less and still make out.. It doesnt come down to cutting it even, it will fill..Guarantee Kaskade sells out this weekend and they are charging $15 at the door, this is a good booking...Jamie you know theres better out there that would fill that place just as well if not better...

I'm obviously well aware of that fact, and I agree with you. My comment wasn't intended to defend the shows that Mellon books, merely to show what seems like his reasoning behind doing so. Kaskade filled up Wish last year too, although Mellon obviously didn't do that one. My point is he's doing shows where there is no or little risk (real or percieved) involved.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:01 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
I'm obviously well aware of that fact, and I agree with you. My comment wasn't intended to defend the shows that Mellon books, merely to show what seems like his reasoning behind doing so. Kaskade filled up Wish last year too, although Mellon obviously didn't do that one. My point is he's doing shows where there is no or little risk (real or percieved) involved.

I know...Its fine its just seems stupid to me to bring the same guys in over and over again...Cloud 9 (and maybe Mercury) is prolly the one club in this town that has that crowd that needs to be exposed to new stuff...the people are riding the fence there they love music but arent exposed to enough of it. to really get involved...

Posted by: Tiesto Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:04 pm
 Post Post subject:

Agreed... safe bets pay the bills. Business as usual... Confused

How many extra heads does a name like D-Fuse bring through the door in Cleveland anyhow? I guess it's just more of an open-ended question..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:17 pm
 Post Post subject:

bushwik wrote:
Risks? Charging what $12 at the door of Cloud 9...You can fill that place with a better dj and charge less and still make out.. It doesnt come down to cutting it even, it will fill..Guarantee Kaskade sells out this weekend and they are charging $15 at the door. Kaskade is is a good booking...Jamie you know theres better out there that would fill that place just as well if not better...Theres a hundred sick house dj's in the U.S that would love to play Cloud 9 I just wish our peers could be enlightened with something they havent been keen to yet, it pisses me off...

Uhh...guess again! $15 is pre sales, $20 is at the door D.O.S...I think that is laughable EVEN for Kaskade! In Chicago, NYC, Miami...sure, but in the poorest city of the nation? I hope the place gets packed(perhaps but doubtful)!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: geeves Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:19 am
 Post Post subject:

This happened in Pittsburgh with Groove and the Bad Boy Bill, Icey and Humpty Vision trifecta

Posted by: agent Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:12 pm
 Post Post subject:

1200 wrote:

How many extra heads does a name like D-Fuse bring through the door in Cleveland anyhow? I guess it's just more of an open-ended question..

Not many! Ask any of the trendy folks in the warehouse dist. who D: fuse is and they will look at you funny. Sad to say but for the most part they are all sheep.

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:18 pm
 Post Post subject:

1200 wrote:

I think when Evo did this last time (or did it for mellon depending on how you look at it) at wish they had something like 300 through the door at $10 or $15 per. I don't know this for a fact but that's what I had heard somewhere along the line. If they get half that in cloud nine it'll at least look like the place is packed.

Posted by: Tiesto Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:38 pm
 Post Post subject:

If you believe Evo, he also dropped an incredible amount of change for D:Fuse... I have a hard time believing that he paid what he did... but he might just have been that stupid.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:02 pm
 Post Post subject:

It is kind of odd to see the same DJ for the exact same tour so soon after he was just here. But the same complaint could be made of booking Kaskade, right?

It's disappointing to see the same DJs out here over and over, no matter how good they are. But if your goal as a promoter is to make money, then that is clearly the safest bet in a city like Cleveland. It's incredibly risky to bring out new talent (new to Cleveland, anyway), as I'm sure a lot of you know firsthand.

It would be nice to be able to bring out new talent AND not lose your shirt...but that dream is a long way off, at least from where I'm sitting.

Fuck it, I'll bring out Skribble in 3 months.

-D-

Posted by: evanevolution Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:05 pm
 Post Post subject:

I personally have a very hard time believing throwing any event is a walk in the park/guaranteed cash.

I also think it's probably not acurate to say any promoter doens't consider the draw of a Dj in respect to what they pay.

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:18 pm
 Post Post subject:

True, true...A good point that I lot of people in this town either knows Bad Boy Bill, or Oakenfold...anyone else and you get "Who?" for the most part.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:03 pm
 Post Post subject:

All of what is being said is great and for the most part true...But it sucks that we have to settle for the same deejays over and over again because other people dont know jack about whats going on or care nontheless...Its not even worth arguing about anymore....It will always be that way around here.

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:04 pm
 Post Post subject:

1200 wrote:
If you believe Evo, he also dropped an incredible amount of change for D:Fuse... I have a hard time believing that he paid what he did... but he might just have been that stupid.

the peoples who brought d:fuse to pittsburgh last fall- there were rumors that a big chunk was dropped as well.

Posted by: ROBTRONIX Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Too Hip For A Rank
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:33 pm
 Post Post subject:

new thread please....

Posted by: Stark Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:38 pm
 Post Post subject:

it falls on my birthday, and i am happy there is something unique that night to do.

(yes, that's tax day)

Posted by: ErockUSA Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:25 pm
 Post Post subject:

Um, Dan, don't forget--it's MY birthday weekend too. I plan to delay mine by 24hrs. just to see D:Fuse again, especially since I've seen him at Groovee, Kaos, and Wish (where I gave him a box of Godiva chocolates).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Page 1 of 3