Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic griffin powerwave (usb audio interface/amp) question

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : DJs, Producers, Promoters, Music Discussion Forum
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: dan polito Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:26 am
 Post Post subject: griffin powerwave (usb audio interface/amp) question

ok, so this thing is supposed to be cheap and really great for transferring vinyl to a computer-readable format.

what i'm thinking is: instead of upgrading to a new computer (as somebody who has an old comp with a shitty soundcard) or new soundcard, could i just plug a mixer in through this and record a set on the computer that way?

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerwave/

i don't really know too much about computers, but i'm thinking that this may be an inexpensive way to record a mix on a computer given that i have a) an older computer with a finnicky old soundcard and b) no other audio editing program like soundforge or what-have-you.

i used to just make tapes and then take them to the radio station i worked at to dub copies onto cd-Rs, but this might be a little easier. thoughts?

Posted by: Nick_S Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:19 pm
 Post Post subject:

if u have a slower computer..you probably wanna stay away from usb audio...most usb audio is optimisied for usb 2.0(much faster data thruput)...for your needs u might wanna look into an m-audio pci card...they are pretty cheap(many under 100bux)...and they have pro a/d d/a converters.

at musicainsfriend.com u might wanna check out the delta410..4 ins/8outs, plus digital i/o...i know that seems like a whole lotta i/o for a dj...but its only 89.99...cant go wrong...plus it'll be much faster than a usb card on your older pc.

Page 1 of 1