Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : DJs, Producers, Promoters, Music Discussion Forum
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:14 am
 Post Post subject:

I'm pretty much just sick of people giving us shit after everything we've done. I expect to get shit from shady club owners/managers, but it's really depressing when fellow clubbers start taking the side of the clubs, especially when not knowing all of the evil, twisted things that went on behind the scenes. Seems like people just want their DJs, no matter what. It doesn't matter if anyone suffers for it. It doesn't matter if the people who actually make huge sacrifices for the scene get trampled on by the clubs that care about the scene only as long as it makes them money.

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:22 am
 Post Post subject:

By the way, Dwreck, would you say that shit to my face? I know it's easy to hide behind a messageboard and insult people you don't know, but would you say that to me in person? Please, come find me and let's talk, and you can tell me yourself what a big cry baby I am. You talk such a big game, now back it up.

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:32 am
 Post Post subject:

Whatever honey, we're just crybabies. Let's move on with our lives and put our efforts where the contributions will be valued. People have resorted to morally indigent ways of letting us know we're not welcome around here...I have better things to do with my time. While people here will still be holding on to the old school, we'll have moved on.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: ramzi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:11 pm
 Post Post subject:

Deviant wrote:
It doesn't matter if anyone suffers for it. It doesn't matter if the people who actually make huge sacrifices for the scene get trampled on by the clubs that care about the scene only as long as it makes them money.

The underground can be a cold cold place...

A beautiful Mad Max wasteland...

Ramzi

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:14 pm
 Post Post subject:

Derrick... I can't believe you brought this back up. If you can't see AND respect Headrush's point of view on this topic then you need to take a closer look. They spent their own time and money building the name John Howard up in the Cleveland market. They have brought him for two years straight and were expecting to bring him this summer -- one year later. Even John himself thought Headrush was bringing him this time.

Now before anyone accuses me of choosing sides... let me clarify, if there is blame to be placed then place it where it belongs -- on the agents. I don't think Wish was responsible here. It was *NOT* Wish's responsibility to call Headrush and ask their blessing. It was the agent who should have remained loyal --- instead they play games with whoever offers the most money often creating conflict. They *LIKE* conflict because it creats competetion. While things like this don't have an immediate effect on the CONSUMER --- I think this is really symptomatic of a much bigger problem that effects our whole scene. Not only do the crowds treat it like a dj concert, so do the clubs, and so do agents.

Dave & Amy... Derrick is oldschool as hell. Just because he only started posting here recently doesn't mean he wasn't an avid clubber in Cleveland and Chicago for a very long time. You also have to remember that when people read this stuff, they get turned off. Does that mean you should sit down and take it -- no -- but perhaps one well thought out forward thinking response would be more effective than going back and forth and dragging it out to the point where no one cares.

I hope people go out to this show. We should be supporting this show as a community -- and let me reiterate --- I WOULD HAVE NO CLUE WHO JOHN HOWARD WAS IF IT WERE NOT FOR HEADRUSH.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:48 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:

I hope people go out to this show. We should be supporting this show as a community -- and let me reiterate --- I WOULD HAVE NO CLUE WHO JOHN HOWARD WAS IF IT WERE NOT FOR HEADRUSH.

Agreed, politics and history aside, I definitely want people to support this for John's sake. The four-hour set he played for us two years ago brought many people to tears, literally. He is not your run-of-the-mill house DJ, and he is a wonderful soul, to boot.

--D

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:36 pm
 Post Post subject:

Thanks for the balanced perspective, Doug.

One last thing, then I'm out ...

I believe that we are one of approximately three entities on this board that exist solely to promote the music and the positive aspects of dance music culture without regard to expecting anything in return, except for maybe some atta-boys, fair business practices by those we deal with, attendance and credit.

If you look at a lot of key players on this board, they get their primary source of income from the scene, either through djing, promoting, running a club, selling music, making music, bartending or some other aspect of club culture. Now you tell me who is taking from the scene, and who is giving to it?

I refuse to have my good name damaged any further. I will not fight for any more of the small, moldy pie; y'all can have it and haggle over who gets the crusts. My integrity is worth much, much more.

Think what you like. You can choose to believe what you read in this virtual world, but this beating heart refuses to fuel the machine in the matrix any longer.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:45 pm
 Post Post subject:

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Derek Carney on Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:00 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:
Derrick... I can't believe you brought this back up. If you can't see AND respect Headrush's point of view on this topic then you need to take a closer look. They spent their own time and money building the name John Howard up in the Cleveland market. They have brought him for two years straight and were expecting to bring him this summer -- one year later. Even John himself thought Headrush was bringing him this time...etc.

http://clevelandnightlife.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=266

Page 5 of 5