Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Events
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:33 am
 Post Post subject:

Bump, BUmp, BUMP IT UP!!!!

Its a new month and Monday night is headed your way fast!!! We've got a string of DJ's waiting to Blaze the decks and invade the airways in the worst way possible!!! Up first and live in the mix, a special tag set from...

Darbe & (Candice)Radin
(HeadRush Music, Plate Techtonics)

If you've ever heard either's solo set...you know that their skills are among the best that this scene has to offer...but there is something special that happens when these two combine their record bags into one set, who knows what we'll get! If you've never heard this duo on the decks...DON'T SLEEP!!! Tune in to the show to find out what the fuss is all about!!

Catch the Beat Matrix on 91.1FM WRUW in the Cleveland area Mondays from 10:00 PM thru 11:30 PM or listen to the live stream on the internet at:
http://www.beatmatrix.net

Coming Later this month...

March 14- TBA

March 21- Sonic Era

March 28- TBA

Last edited by stoutxtc on Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: candice radin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:09 am
 Post Post subject:

darbe's finally gotten rid of that nasty flu, so we'll both be ready to rock it tonight Smile
I'm not sure yet what kind of set we'll be playing, so tune in to find out!

Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:23 am
 Post Post subject:

Keep on Bumpin!!! Let your body fly! Everybody's postin! Til U see the sun in the Sky!!

Yet another Monday is upon us...which means that Monday night will soon be here and time for another episode of Beat Matrix! Once again, like N.E. Ohio weather, we had to change the line up on the roster suddenly! Juggle Up on the decks tonight we have the stylings of...

Matt Budd
Weed

Some of you know the name, while others may have only heard of him in passing, this "budding" (sorry I just couldn't resist Embarassed )talent comes to us from by way of NYC and has been here for quite sometime playing at various events across town and even tagging with some of your favorite local yocals(like yours truly:wink:)! His selection of genres will simply make the perfect blend for tonight's festivities! If you haven't heard him yet...tune in to find out!

Catch the Beat Matrix on 91.1FM WRUW in the Cleveland area Mondays from 10:00 PM thru 11:30 PM or listen to the live stream on the internet at:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:08 am
 Post Post subject:

As long as your around shakin that sexy post it goes...Bump, Bump, Bump!

It Monday once again so its time for another episode of Beat Matrix! For those who have gone or are getting ready to flock to the sunny skies of Miami for WMC(I'm sooo jealous by the way Mad )we have live in the mix the musical sounds of....

Sonic Era

Sonic's been bangin it out at quite a number of events lately and through much trial & error in our scheduling, we have finally nailed down a much needed live set from him! Hold on to your speakers cause you are in for a real treat tonight!

Posted by: PhuturePhysix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:25 pm
 Post Post subject:

phuturephysix@yahoo.com
"to walk in someone elses footsteps, means you'll leave no impression on the earth"

Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:12 am
 Post Post subject:

Big ups to Sonic for the bangin set!!! It was sicker than you were! Feel better and thanks again!

Cool

Posted by: Sonic Era Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:50 pm
 Post Post subject:

Thanx again calvin and stoutxtc for givin me the chance to come down and put together a live set.! that night was jus the beginning night of my flu rampage. startin to feel a lil better now so i thought id say thanx. I had a great time!

For those who listened, if you could send me an email and let me know where i can improve id be very grateful!

Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:53 am
 Post Post subject:

Yo' Man this post is bumpin! Who's the Dj?

The answer to that in just a moment cause coming at cha with the quickness is another episode of Beat Matrix! While you're getting on to or off of Spring Break, coming back from WMC and getting back to the grind of (un)employment ending March Madness with a bang is the mix stylings of...

Dirty D aka Darrell Sound

Perhaps you've recently checked him out at party here or there or maybe you remember him from the all star-studded line up that Funky Charms had to offer! Dirty D(his new moniker) has been one of the many rising talents that is holding it down in the Akron area and he's been popping up at recent events everywhere adding to the 216 vibe! If you've haven't had the pleasure to listen to his groove yet, tune in tonight to check out Darrell's Sound!

Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:36 pm
 Post Post subject:

Insomniacs....this post is BACK!!!

Bumpin up live & direct is another edition of Beat Matrix! The telethon is wrapping up and much much Thanks to all who donated and continues to show us and the rest of WRUW nothing less than love & support! We've got a top notch line up we're 'springing' on you all for the rest of April! Up first we have the tag stylings of...

Jamie Tyler & Damon Havill
(Plate Techtonics Crew)

This dynamic duo have been popping up all over the place at many events with great frequency here the 216! Separate or together Tyler & Havill certainly knows how to bring out a unique blend with their chunky, techy styles that just keeps heads bobbing and the crowd moving! You can always expect the unexpected when these guys are on the decks! Tune in and check out the Plate Techtonics crew tonight!

Posted by: Suburban Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:27 pm
 Post Post subject:

Also tonight we will be having a phone interview with SUV from Full Cycle Recordings. He'll be headlining this week at Drum Riot.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:39 am
 Post Post subject:

Thanks to Calvin and Darrel for having Damon and I on the show...T'was fun to play a little aceeeeed (and other stuff too) on the radio.

Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:15 am
 Post Post subject:

It was fun! Thank you guys for putting up with the craziness! Oh and thanks Damon for playin that Elephant track! Smile

Posted by: Tiesto Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:34 pm
 Post Post subject:

But of course... Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:35 pm
 Post Post subject:

You got me to stay up for this...and I enjoyed it. Glad I finally got to hear the legendary elephant track...that's just nuts.

Heard lovely things about the booth environment too....erm.....Damon--your evil. Laughing (inside joke I guess)

Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:43 am
 Post Post subject:

Gonna bump the post, gonna bump, gonna bump it up, gonna bump the post up this biaytch!

Its Monday and starting your week off right is another edition of Beat Matrix! Up on the decks tonight we have the stylings of....

Jugoe
(Nitty Gritty, Bastard Jazz)

After scheduling changes(on both sides) we finally have the much anticipated set from this well talented producer/dj. One half of Nitty Gritty, a residence at Lava Lounge and currently part of the Lorne Asher numbered party series going monthly at V-Lounge plus constant requests to play for various events throughout the 216 has this guy busy and I would dare say the major breakout talent that can very easily get national recognition right here in our own backyard! Jugoe also has a string of original tracks that has created quite a buzz amongst many scensters who have had the opportunity to hear them incorporated in his sets with remixes done by the likes of Q Burns Abstract & Greyboy! Perhaps if we're on our best behavior, he'll drop a few in the mix tonight, so make sure you tune in cause you'll be in for a real treat!

Posted by: Jugoe Boss Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:53 am
 Post Post subject:

Pretty amped to play tonite - but have NO idea what to do. I am torn between playing a bunch of leftfield beats (records that I never get to play) or a sloppy set of original poo. So who knows?

I do want to maintain my title of playing the most tracks during a beatmatrix slot (do I still hold that? Anyone know? hahaha)

If I had any money I'd have socks on.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:03 am
 Post Post subject:

jugoe wrote:
I do want to maintain my title of playing the most tracks during a beatmatrix slot (do I still hold that? Anyone know? hahaha)

How many tracks did you toss for this alleged record?

Posted by: Jugoe Boss Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:09 am
 Post Post subject:

I think it was like 23 or something.

If I had any money I'd have socks on.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: Metz Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:34 am
 Post Post subject: Re: The Beat Matrix 91.1 WRUW Guestmix

This mix is now available sans radio dialog at http://cleveland-underground.com/

stoutxtc wrote:
This month's line up is going to be bumping!!! Starting the month off we have the Deep sounds of...

Mike Metz
(Wish Nightclub resident, cleveland-underground.com)

A staple of Cleveland's club scene for many years now, Metz has truly brought a consistency to his classic style and sound. The very definition of Deep House in this city is synonomus with his name!

The following Mondays for this month includes...

February 14- Mark Strauss

February 21- Jugoe (featuring a special set of his original tracks!)

February 28- TBA

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:25 pm
 Post Post subject:

jugoe wrote:
I think it was like 23 or something.

Changing your name to 'Bad Boy Goergen' are you? Laughing

most I've tossed in in an hour there is 18. I'm not even close.

Page 2 of 87