Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metropolis on Sundays...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: PhuturePhysix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:43 am
 Post Post subject:

I have to agree Saturdays are kick ass down there.

phuturephysix@yahoo.com
"to walk in someone elses footsteps, means you'll leave no impression on the earth"

Posted by: Metropolis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:46 am
 Post Post subject:

ok...wednesdays... but they are not packed like they were 4 years ago on every night... one night does not have the skillz to pay the bills my friend.... they also keep changing what they do on the weekend. Also a packed crowd in spy looks busy, that same crowd in my place would look dead. I put 300 in my door and everyone says's we are dead. I remember the Darude show, we did 560 peeps and everyone said it was a light crowd. Well we had all the rooms open due to 3 rooms of music and it would have filled any club in town to near legal capacity. I've dropped money into it and cleaned up allot. There are isues on why the name has re-mained the same that i will not go into as well.

NLE Spyral wrote:
This is to whoever posts on behalf of Metro:

You ask what club is pulling a crowd? You ask who's doing any better than you are? Try looking around the corner bud. Spy Bar has been stomping out Wednesdays left and right. I'm not starting any drama with your or anything, but I do have to agree with the majority of the people when they say that Metro needs a good revamp. I understand that money is an issue, and that time is also an issue. But you can't keep throwing money in the fire pit. Metro has been a good time in the past, and I will honestly say that I miss going all the time...but it IS in dire need of a remodel. If I could invest in the remodeling myself, I would...but I have more pressing money matters right now. I've always had some really great ideas for Metro, and I really think it could be more than what it is. A new image, a new name, a new sound.........means a new start.

I really hope you don't take any of this the wrong way, as it was meant to be constructive criticism, not drama. Smile

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:47 am
 Post Post subject:

PhuturePhysix wrote:
I have to agree Saturdays are kick ass down there.

thank you...

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:30 am
 Post Post subject: Re: no thank you

[quote="Metropolis"]why do something old... how about new ideas... moving forward...
also our sats are doing 600-700 people, why would i change from that?
quote]

Ummm... it was a little joke to lighten the tension apparent on this thread.

Next time someone mentions fake blood and bandages... anyhow...

you guys all need to stop arguing. Nightlife is supposed to be FUN, remember?

Posted by: Hoppa Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:34 pm
 Post Post subject:

JasonD wrote:
I play all CD's. It's a lot easier to take the CD's than 4 or 5 + crates of vinyl. I leave the vinyl at home. I play all kinds of "techno" music. I try to mix it up every night. I usually start off with house and build it up through the night into trance. Best I can say is come check it out sometime. The people there have a good time, and there is almost always somebody dancing....

I've been DJ'ing for about 1 1/2 - 2 years.... Will you come check it out now?? Smile
I would almost bring my create of records,,u built up mussles that way!!!???have u played ure records out before??and is it tec,or house muzic!!!just wondering??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:49 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: no thank you

thats kewl... some people do not joke about things... if you know what i mean... those were actually fun times @ trilogy!!!! Except for the gun shot that went through the office wall on that frigid "Next" night!

[quote="DJ Dwreck"]
Metropolis wrote:
why do something old... how about new ideas... moving forward...
also our sats are doing 600-700 people, why would i change from that?
quote]

Ummm... it was a little joke to lighten the tension apparent on this thread.

Next time someone mentions fake blood and bandages... anyhow...

you guys all need to stop arguing. Nightlife is supposed to be FUN, remember?

Posted by: Just ... Spyral Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:53 pm
 Post Post subject:

Metropolis wrote:
ok...wednesdays... but they are not packed like they were 4 years ago on every night... one night does not have the skillz to pay the bills my friend.... they also keep changing what they do on the weekend. Also a packed crowd in spy looks busy, that same crowd in my place would look dead. I put 300 in my door and everyone says's we are dead. I remember the Darude show, we did 560 peeps and everyone said it was a light crowd. Well we had all the rooms open due to 3 rooms of music and it would have filled any club in town to near legal capacity. I've dropped money into it and cleaned up allot. There are isues on why the name has re-mained the same that i will not go into as well.

See here's the thing, you're more worried about money than you are about the music and satisfied customers. What do you charge at the door for one of these weekly events? If you're charging anything for a no-name DJ (no offense bro), you're hurting for money. Plain and simple.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:57 pm
 Post Post subject:

Oh, by the way. I was at the Darude show....there's no f-ing way you had 560 people there. 560 sounds more like the Icey show.

Posted by: validation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 "The Situation"
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:18 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
I would almost bring my create of records,,u built up mussles that way!!!???have u played ure records out before??and is it tec,or house muzic!!!just wondering??

spell cheque . . . .

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:40 pm
 Post Post subject:

I miss 1995...I don't think it's possible to ressurrect Trilogy of 1995.

Posted by: Stark Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:53 pm
 Post Post subject: Hello Mr. Jason.

You guys say it's been busy? How many pepes?

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:42 pm
 Post Post subject:

ok thanks for telling us how many people we did. Oh b.t.w we had the upper levels open for darude, so people were more spead out.

NLE Spyral wrote:
Oh, by the way. I was at the Darude show....there's no f-ing way you had 560 people there. 560 sounds more like the Icey show.

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:56 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:

See here's the thing, you're more worried about money than you are about the music and satisfied customers. What do you charge at the door for one of these weekly events? If you're charging anything for a no-name DJ (no offense bro), you're hurting for money. Plain and simple.

Thank you for informing me of my financial situation!
Thank god it costs nothing to run and operate a club!

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:01 pm
 Post Post subject:

See, you can't take constructive criticism. You have to be defensive. I'm not saying that making money isn't important, but you can't focus your events around it. $20 to see Darude? We have Dara, Dieselboy, Total Science, and SUV lined up...and the door cost won't be any more than $10. I understand Metropolis is bigger, and requires more money to run, but c'mon now. Icey was a good show, I'll give you that...but when I talk to DJ's outside and they bitch because "DUST" was falling onto the tables from the ceiling because of the vibrations from the bass....it's time to clean up a little. Smile Point made, end of discussion.

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:08 pm
 Post Post subject:

NLE Spyral wrote:
If you're charging anything for a no-name DJ (no offense bro), you're hurting for money. Plain and simple.

You are right, there are plenty of chances to hear VERY talented djs and musicians (who have been spinning for longer than a year) for free. Keeping costs low is also good Wink

On the other hand, I always thought that if you wanted to drink without a cover charge you go to a bar. If you wanted a nightclub experience then you pay for it.

Now if you want to get into a discussion about what a nightclub experience (worth paying for) should be that's a WHOLE different story Wink

i started to rant here but moved it to a new thread because it wasn't specifially about about metrop.... http://www.clevelandnightlife.net/viewtopic.php?t=2168

Last edited by Tymezup on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:08 pm
 Post Post subject:

the room was rented out to tru nightlife, we got none of the door... we do not charge for sundays, so i have no clue were you are coming from...sorry to be defensive but your pointing the finger at the wrong person...

NLE Spyral wrote:
See, you can't take constructive criticism. You have to be defensive. I'm not saying that making money isn't important, but you can't focus your events around it. $20 to see Darude? We have Dara, Dieselboy, Total Science, and SUV lined up...and the door cost won't be any more than $10. I understand Metropolis is bigger, and requires more money to run, but c'mon now. Icey was a good show, I'll give you that...but when I talk to DJ's outside and they bitch because "DUST" was falling onto the tables from the ceiling because of the vibrations from the bass....it's time to clean up a little. Smile Point made, end of discussion.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:28 pm
 Post Post subject:

I apologize man, I guess I am putting a bit too much of the blame on you. I do commend you for your success, but when you say that nobody else is "succeeding" in the business, I have to stand up and defend. Hope there are no hard feelings.

Professional Hipster
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:37 pm
 Post Post subject:

This is all I'm gonna say coz I don't wanna get in the middle of this....

But, on Metropolis' behalf and previously working for Jim Jr, he was NOT all about $$$. He gave up crazy drink specials, split costs, ran promotions in papers, flyers ect. all at their expense to help make an event happen for everyone.

Not to mention, if you were at either Darude or Icey, the VIP has been totally remodeled and you can tell some $$$ was put into that.

Things don't happen over night and there is a great and noticable effort being made with the $$$ you spent at that club not going into someones pocket but back into the venue for your enjoyment.

And FYI- there was WAY more people at Darude than @ Icey. I work for Tru myself. If you want an exact head count I can get it for you.

phuturephysix@yahoo.com
"to walk in someone elses footsteps, means you'll leave no impression on the earth"

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:47 pm
 Post Post subject:

Look, as I said before...I'm not trying to start an argument. I was making my point from what I saw. An opinion is an opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own. But it doesn't matter what everyone else says, all that matters is what YOU think. If I'm wrong than my opinion is false information, and I apologize. I for one work together with people, certain people know this, and know what I'm really about. Most of you have never had the chance to work along side me, or vise versa...so you don't know how I am.

Metropolis: I apologize, I suppose that what you HAVE done has gone unnoticed by me because I stopped going to Metro so much due to lack of remodeling and new image, and lack of a crowd. But I wish you best of success, and hope everything works out for the best for you.

PhuturePhysix: TruNightlife is a good group in my opinion, you guys have a decent rep. I'm not trying to cause any bad blood with you guys, so I'm not gonna start any drama. Best of luck with your future events.

Professional Hipster
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:55 pm
 Post Post subject:

I do respect your opinion on what your defending and I've heard many good things on your behalf as well. I'm sure we'll cross pathes at an event in the near future for either business or pleasure.

phuturephysix@yahoo.com

Page 3 of 5