Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic Groovehaus 3yr anniparty w/Gene Hunt|Drop Bar| Sat 3.14|$10

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:01 pm
 Post Post subject: Groovehaus 3yr anniparty w/Gene Hunt|Drop Bar| Sat 3.14|$10

It's been three years!!! Please join Bumperella and the rest of the Groovehaus crew us as we celebrate our anniversary with Chicago's own Gene Hunt!!!! Getting the night started will be the Groovehaus residents Kevin Bumpers, Stout XTC, Jaysoul, & Jimmy Beats!!! We are kicking this thing off at 9 pm and we will have an exclusive door gift for the first 100 people to arrive with a paid admission!!! Visuals will be provided by Kevin Jackson and Turbo Sound by Mikron Sound!!!!

GENE HUNT

(Chicago)

Gene Hunt is truly one of Chicago’s Pioneers in the house music industry since the early 80’s. He has been one of the top jocks moving and educating crowds and music lovers for the past 27 years of his career playing at the hottest venues such as the Warehouse, The Music Box, Medusas, The Playground, Green Dolphin, The Shrine, The Smart Bar and many more. This legend has worked with some of the heaviest hitters in the game such as Ron Hardy, Farley Jack Master Funk, Frankie Knuckles, Robert Owens, Mr. Fingers Larry Heard, Terry Hunter and Kenny Dope of M.A.W. “I’m from the old school, I’ve seen many eras of house change over the years and I know what the people want in music; listening and dancing” .

Gene’s first EP in 1987; Living in the Land was released on an old classic label where Chicago house music was exposed called Traxx. He then moved onto several UK labels such as Djax, Hybrid, Mc Projects, Step 2 House, Svek and Rush Hour where he made his mark abroad. Mr. Hunt is currently working on soulful vocal house music with a few set of new heavy hitters in the game; Glenn Underground, Roy Davis Jr., with new labels; Track Mode, Moods & Grooves NLC, Got Soul Recordings, Dope Wax, Unified Records, Harley & Muscle, Dope Waxx and Got Soul Recordings and many more.

Gene appeared as a headliner at the 2012 Coachella Festival Heineken Dome and just won back to back 2011 and 2012 the NBC International Music Award, won the 2011 Top Dance Album in the United Kingdom with it’s Dance Track Volume One .
Released his “In Sound” album with Harley & Muscle this past May along with winning the 31st annual music award for Chicago’s Most Outstanding House Music DJ. the 2006 Global Mix Award. Gene also released his “Throwback 87” featuring Ron Hardy and “Camcemini EP with Rush Hour Records. He performed at the Congress Theater and was interviewed for the release of the History of House Music Chicago LP CD and DVD.

$10 presale, $15 day of show
21 and over with Proper ID
Doors at 9 pm

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 1