Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Forbidden City (General Discussion)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:14 pm
 Post Post subject:

Particle wrote:
How about some popular Cleveland music-scene message boards?

I've notices people mentioned loli on here, but would be interested of other scene's forums too (e.g. indie, hiphop, etc...)

there arent any really

its 'lolli' not 'loli' - there's a huge difference (make sure youre aware cuz one of them's a red flag)

Posted by: (216)BASS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:41 pm
 Post Post subject:

you throw a rave in Cleveland with 400+ people by trying not to throw a rave, if you book talent.........THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!

Posted by: Particle Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm
 Post Post subject:

graph wrote:
Particle wrote:
How about some popular Cleveland music-scene message boards?

I've notices people mentioned loli on here, but would be interested of other scene's forums too (e.g. indie, hiphop, etc...)

there arent any really

its 'lolli' not 'loli' - there's a huge difference (make sure youre aware cuz one of them's a red flag)

The Watcher wrote:
you throw a rave in Cleveland with 400+ people by trying not to throw a rave, if you book talent.........THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!

Hmmm, are you saying that the old forum (fuck, I cant remember the spelling) is not the same as www.lolli.org ? because the color sceme is pretty close to what I remember.

and www.loli.org , whatever it was is kaput now. What's with the red flag? I used to be on the aforementioned forum, but I never posted or even lurked because it reeked of that PLUR/R cuddle-puddle vomit. I'm guessing, if that was www.loli.org , it evolved into something worse? I could be imaginative here, but I'll leave it up to you.

Some old forums I remember...

ahh...the OG of my times was the blulight forum. Back then, I remember it used to be www.bluelight.nu, but I was feeling nostalgic few months back and I found it as www.bluelight.ru Strange, I wonder if they forgot to pay the bill one month or something?

Then there was Scene Ohio, which turned to complete shit just before Steve (the owner) ditched it/passed operations on to a friend, in like 'ohfour, who kept it up for him. That site had about six regulars who like rabid dogs warded off any and all new members. Steve eventually killed it off few years back when the site traffic resembled the current state of CNL. I remember talking to Trout around '04ish, who was bitching to me about how Steve used to spam him with Scene or something. Steve was totally backhat at some point during that time, so I believe it. I'm friends with Steve, so SO used to be my home away from home since something like 2001 or whenever its original version launched. Around 2004 I was the last one on there from Cleveland and I started posting on here a bit, but pretty much was phasing out of the scene in general around that time due to lack of good parties and tons of mentally ill (I don't think I can describe it any better than that) people in CBUS/CNASTY scenes: tons of meth, heroin, and babies, yauch!

By that time most people migrated to http://www.cincinnatiunderground.org/ and I've just looked through the member list and it doesn't seem like I've ever joined it at all.

Then there was RaveTrash. I was never on that site much as I didn't like its name. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever posted on there at all.

I think remember that Cleveland used to have a BBS, and I'm not talking about HYPERREAL/PB-CLE. I don't really remember that much at all. Dollhouse raves anyone? heh.

Makes sense that Cleveland didn't manage any good message boards: communication was always lacking here...sans this one.

Whatever. Memories.

I cant say that I was into any other scenes growing up, but now I just want to expand my horizons because I am feeling the old because I don't like any new music and am stuck on old genres...I just want to give it a shot at changing it because in reality I'm not that old at all.

While typing this I'm starting to remember all the old venues...haah anyone remember that venue-turned crackhole Liquid hahha Wink They served everyone everything fucking-A!

I truly miss the raves where warehouses used to be dressed up and few hundred people had a time of their life and , yes, few dummies didn't...fuck it natural selection, right? Map points, remember?! Last warehouse party I was at I think was Halloween of '05 in a old shoe warehouse in Cincinnati, or it could have been '03 or '04...I think I still have the flier for it - it was a tiny, negative-like dark translucent flier. The party was on the smaller side, but I had such an amazing time it was insane. In the later years everyone involved in that party turned meth and heroin dead or in-and-out of jail or prison. wtf?! why? Man it was such a awesome time! Man WTF. ..

I remember I had a great time at one of the last Funky Charms when it was organized as a block party and every venue down there had its fill, I figured the last FC was going to stink so I didn't go; later I've heard that did stink. There may have been another one after that, but I don't think so. Even something like that block party FC would be refreshing right about now!

I think Wish had something pretty cool around that time as well, I remember UFO was spinning at it. Speakers upstairs SUCKED. Matter the fact, that's the night when I was talking to Trout haha

Where is Trout? I heard he ditched his god-like PB-CLE status and passed it on to Liberty.

Trainspotter
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:06 pm
 Post Post subject:

Who runs this site, anyway?

I always knew it to be Doug . . .

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:07 pm
 Post Post subject:

Its still Doug....but there other mods who are up here from time to time that keeps an eye on things...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Trainspotter
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:21 pm
 Post Post subject:

Thnks

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 pm
 Post Post subject:

Particle wrote:
Who runs this site, anyway?

I always knew it to be Doug . . .

I don't read every post these days - I'm rarely around in fact. Google Analytics has site traffic in last 30 days as this:

6,183 Visits
45,143 Pageviews
7.30 Pages/Visit 25.93% Bounce Rate
00:04:44 Avg. Time on Site
22.59% % New Visits

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: SheriffKevin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:42 am
 Post Post subject:

also i'm Sheriff Kevin and i post here on occasion. i hope that helps.

graph wrote:
fuck im getting the shit trolled out of me

Posted by: TekKnowProd Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:51 am
 Post Post subject:

Trout retired.

90% of the venues named want nothing to do with anything except pop music and hip-hop (east side is big on Indy dance).

The col-cle thing does not exsist because Tru is tru and does not really deal with anyone but Tru djs and people (sic Disco Donnies peoples).
We did some work together to get Richie Hawtin here last year but unless you got something huge don't expect the time of day from them.

Pitt - Cle does not really exsist because the only people who act over 16 and book anything other then washed up 90's talent from pitt are the aformentioned Humanauts. Rave is alive and well over there if thats what your looking for.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:40 pm
 Post Post subject:

TekKnowProd wrote:
Trout retired.

90% of the venues named want nothing to do with anything except pop music and hip-hop (east side is big on Indy dance).

The col-cle thing does not exsist because Tru is tru and does not really deal with anyone but Tru djs and people (sic Disco Donnies peoples).
We did some work together to get Richie Hawtin here last year but unless you got something huge don't expect the time of day from them.

Pitt - Cle does not really exsist because the only people who act over 16 and book anything other then washed up 90's talent from pitt are the aformentioned Humanauts. Rave is alive and well over there if thats what your looking for.

don't forget about the Fuzz! boys from Pittsburgh, those fellas are on the up and up. also a shout to Full House Productions along with the Humanaut lads.

Posted by: tinyks Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 pm
 Post Post subject:

Particle wrote:
tinyks/thunder st. clair

Submerged? Is that one or two people? TSC people?

Hi, that would be me.

Sub:merged is the dubstep monthly at Touch I throw (coming up this Sat btw)

Thunder St. Clair is my "dj" name.

Submerged is me and Jason Burns. (I do the booking and promotion for it)

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 pm
 Post Post subject:

Particle wrote:
dubstep is something in between of breaks and dnb? Last I was around for the fun stuff here it was all about some sick ass dnb, I guess evolution of dubstep is the product of the West Side's contribution...meh not like East Side had shit to do with much of anything at any point in our scene's recent history.

LOL Im from the East Side....

Trainspotter
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:24 pm
 Post Post subject:

The Watcher wrote:
TekKnowProd wrote:
Trout retired.

don't forget about the Fuzz! boys from Pittsburgh, those fellas are on the up and up. also a shout to Full House Productions along with the Humanaut lads.

Is this Fuzz guy also known as peachfuzz? jw...

Trainspotter
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:27 pm
 Post Post subject:

tinyks wrote:
Particle wrote:
tinyks/thunder st. clair

Submerged? Is that one or two people? TSC people?

Hi, that would be me.

Sub:merged is the dubstep monthly at Touch I throw (coming up this Sat btw)

Thunder St. Clair is my "dj" name.

Submerged is me and Jason Burns. (I do the booking and promotion for it)

So, yes, one, yes.

btw, ups for making the list haha respekt!

Trainspotter
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:29 pm
 Post Post subject:

tinyks wrote:
Particle wrote:
dubstep is something in between of breaks and dnb? Last I was around for the fun stuff here it was all about some sick ass dnb, I guess evolution of dubstep is the product of the West Side's contribution...meh not like East Side had shit to do with much of anything at any point in our scene's recent history.

Where from the East Side?

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 pm
 Post Post subject:

Particle wrote:
tinyks wrote:
Particle wrote:

Faaaar east, Chesterland.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:26 am
 Post Post subject:

Particle wrote:
The Watcher wrote:
TekKnowProd wrote:
Trout retired.

Is this Fuzz guy also known as peachfuzz? jw...

there is Fuzz (Kevin) from Cleveland and Fuzz! is the Wed. DnB weekly in Pittsburgh. and this choon is peachfuzz......

Posted by: Alexandru Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trancecracker
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 am
 Post Post subject:

Whatever happened to Goahead?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:10 pm
 Post Post subject:

Alexandru wrote:
Whatever happened to Goahead?

Had too many babies...for real.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:11 pm
 Post Post subject:

tinyks wrote:
Particle wrote:
tinyks wrote:
Particle wrote:

Faaaar east, Chesterland.

Thats not the east side, its a differnt county guy, your not even from cleveland lol

Page 3 of 4