Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Forbidden City (General Discussion)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:05 pm
 Post Post subject: cavaliers 2009 thread

surprised spider didn't make it yet

cavs looked awesome against the magic yesterday. varejao got absolutely posterized by d.wade in the first quarter, holy fuck

also charles barkley on inside the nba and halftime shows is the greatest. doing analysis "well, that's when you have to punch the defender in the balls" they're currently putting charles in whiteface while he's talking about eating chicken and getting pulled over

"i'm tellin ya ernie, i'm gettin tired of bein pulled over while drivin"

sooooooooo Laughing Laughing epic

hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 am
 Post Post subject:

said dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G92QsfSStUw&fmt=22

Posted by: matt budd Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:15 pm
 Post Post subject: :)

nice game! HUGE dunk. once the "what wade and james can do if you clear the lane and leave one guy in front of them right by the basket" show was over we really played well. it really looks like we've gotten it together since the 0-2 start. by the way, J.J. Hickson is my new favorite. i cant wait to see what he does as the season goes on. looking forward to more success!

Posted by: Justin Hartman Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Hot Tub Beer Golf Champion
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:22 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: cavaliers 2009 thread

graph wrote:

....also charles barkley on inside the nba and halftime shows is the greatest. doing analysis "well, that's when you have to punch the defender in the balls" they're currently putting charles in whiteface while he's talking about eating chicken and getting pulled over

"i'm tellin ya ernie, i'm gettin tired of bein pulled over while drivin"

sooooooooo Laughing Laughing epic

He said "punch'em in the onions". Why he's on TV, I'll never know, but that was humorous.

Posted by: curved.space.labs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:34 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: :)

matt budd wrote:
looks like we've gotten it together since the 0-2 start

not all the way together, but they're starting to gel a bit. 2 road wins against solid, contending teams...that's big for confidence. Give 'em another few weeks to get the chemistry rolling and we'll be even better.

All I know is Mo Williams is the shit. And I think they're playing better with West out of the rotation.

Conversely, Z is useless. Just absolutely not doing anything at all. Leave him on the bench. Front court should be LBJ, Varejao & Shaq. Bring in Hickson, who does look like he's got great potential, and THEN bring in Z...unless Shaq Fu needs a breather or is in early foul trouble.

Gnarls Barkley is the single most annoying analyst in the history of televised sports.

hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:46 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: :)

curved.space.labs wrote:
Gnarls Barkley is the single most annoying analyst in the history of televised sports.

you are so, so wrong

also mo williams rules

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:21 pm
 Post Post subject:

he's not even entertaining in that "holy shit, look how fucked up that guy is" kind of way. He speaks like he's been boxing since 1956, offers no insight into the game of basketball at all, and tries desperately to be funny, when clearly, he is not. Wink

hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:49 pm
 Post Post subject:

welp,

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:06 am
 Post Post subject:

Right now all I can think of is that one episode of Married with Children episode when Al Bundy was thinking something is finally going his way and when the luck turned and everything went south he replied "But of course..."
Confused

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:09 am
 Post Post subject:

yep. led astray yet again.

I think I was on the right track with the Browns last year. No Cleveland sports franchise is ever winning a championship. Ever. Fuck it.

I am curious to see how close Mike Holmgren will take the Browns...probably will get them to the Super Bowl in 3-5 years, only to lose by a yard in the final seconds a la the Titans in '99. It will be fun to see what he does, but I now know that I have to temper everything somewhere inbetween the whole "fuck this shit" attitude, and "holy shit, we've got Uncle Mike, and we'll be in the playoffs in 2 years" vibe.

The reality I'm sure is much closer to 'fuck it'. As in expending energy supporting a Cleveland team will prove to be about as fruitful as sticking your johnson in a commercial grade size tub of peanut butter.

worst. breakdown. evar.

fire Brown and fucking kick Lebron the fuck out of Cleveland. I hope he goes to Chicago and wins a ring his first year there, after sweeping the cavs.

hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:17 am
 Post Post subject:

how long until the banner gets taken off downtown

Posted by: ehm Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 West Sixth Stumbler
Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:22 pm
 Post Post subject:

I walked into a Speedway last night at midnight and the lady working the register says "I'm glad we lost because now LeBron can get the fuck out of Cleveland!" That's down-right shotty fansmanship. The second the most valuable player in the NBA EVER lets a team down, people tell him to get the fuck out. Personally, I do feel his game 5 attitude on the court was completely and utterly unacceptable. I don't care if he didn't score a point the whole game, as long as he's leading his team and making the effort, that's what counts. You can walk away from the Playoffs feeling like you lost, but at least you damn well tried -- I watched that game and was really upset. That's not how an MVP plays the game.

I just can't stop wondering what happened to him, was it the elbow? Is it so much worse than anyone thinks? Pain killers? Personal problems? Pressure? The coach? We won't know. I want to believe its something that doesn't pertain to anything else but his ability.

I still have faith in the Cavs and Lebron though, and he's going to stay. Fuck all the haters, this city will be held high one day. I've been a firm believer in that all my life, and it will start with the attitude of the fans and the people. I can understand the angst the fans have, but there has to be an underlying faith, not this turncoat "ah shit just another loss fuckk it" bullshit. That's not the attitude that wins.

I mean shit, look at what the CDNBC is doing... that's the movement and the effort that this city needs all around from its people. Cheers to next year.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:03 am
 Post Post subject:

ehm wrote:
I still have faith in the Cavs and Lebron though, and he's going to stay. Fuck all the haters, this city will be held high one day. I've been a firm believer in that all my life, and it will start with the attitude of the fans and the people. I can understand the angst the fans have, but there has to be an underlying faith, not this turncoat "ah shit just another loss fuckk it" bullshit. That's not the attitude that wins.

Try living through Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble and Jordan - not to mention the last two years of the Cavs giving away 2 rings - before you chime in and start calling people "turncoat". Sorry, I'm choosing to live in reality for the next 39 years to offset the previous 39 being spent in total denial of reality. People of my era have earned the right to tune out. I've gone to games, bought merchandise damn near every year of my life, kept up hope, choked down all the heartache & humiliation, so you'll have to excuse my indignation when I say kindly take that attitude somewhere else. Wink

The fury from everyone stems from this having been the greatest opportunity since '64 to win a ring for the city since Kosar, and maybe ever. And for whatever combination of reasons, whether it was heart, coaching, supporting cast, elbow or all of the above, they fucking tanked it. 99% of other NBA teams in other cities don't do that. The best teams in the regular season win the fucking ring. Only in Cleveland can the team with the 2-time MVP and best overall record take as big of a shit as the Cavs just did. It's not turncoat or fairweather or anything else - it's being fed the fuck up with having your hopes dashed time after time after time after time after time after time.

curved.space.labs wrote:
well that's just it - I'd been an actual hardcore fan since I was able to comprehend the game...basically since I was 9 or 10 and started giving a shit about it. I probably invested more time and energy into knowing everything about the franchise than 95% of the rest of the fans - from knowing the roster inside and out, the coaching staff, the schemes, our stats all season long...you name it.

I'm someone who got DirecTV in NY as soon as we moved there JUST for Sunday Ticket so we could watch the Browns return to the league. I followed through thick and thin...from Sipe & Alzado to Kosar & Langhorne & Slaughter to MDP & E-Rock...I went to the friggin' practices every training camp, ffs. I'd watch the draft, follow every single analysis, record any sports show that even made mention of them...

They've been more my team than most people I've met in my life.

And that being said, it is absolutely insane that the team I've given so much to in my life can't get it's head out of it's own asshole, so I'm tuning the fuck out.

The Browns have been shit since they came back in the league even moreso than the prior 30 years after the '64 Championship, and it's not going to change. No professional franchise has done less with whatever talent they've possessed than the Browns, and they never had that much - no matter how much we all wanted to convince ourselves as loyal fans. We all said, "yeah, man - this is the year - look at our team!", but the cold, hard fact of the matter is that was pure delusion. Deep down, I think everyone knows the deal but just won't admit it to themselves out of some strange sense of guilt.

Not saying I'm never going to follow them again, but for the love of fuck, get it together. And I have earned that right to tune 'em out and come back when they can actually field a real NFL team that can compete exactly because I've given so much and never received anything back except misery and letdown. I've earned the right to say "Fuck you, Lerner", and play a MusicMan Stingray and smoke doobies until such time they can finally give me something in return.

Just not holding my breath. Did that all this time and it got me zilch...so....

I know what's going to happen on 98% of the plays before they happen. I already know the outcome....difference is in the last 10 years, I'd actually try to convince myself the outcome would be different. It's nothing but false hope.

Page 1 of 1