Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : DJs, Producers, Promoters, Music Discussion Forum
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: djmoose Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:26 am
 Post Post subject:

truth wrote:

I know he plays on a lap top and still manages not to beat match. He is also able to play various styles of edm in the same set without blending any of them properly.

Phasing and programing....WHAT'S THAT?

Sounds like all you need to know right there.

and I believe it's phrasing...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: truth Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Person Who Passes Out Flyers
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:12 pm
 Post Post subject:

yes it is phrasing. Sorry for the grammatical error on my part. Confused

Posted by: shortie Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:33 pm
 Post Post subject: interesting stuff

Well here's what we're being told in PDX:

A little about me:

Jon Gordon ' The Energy Dj ' ( Portland Or / Cleveland, Oh)( resident dj @ Fusion Lounge / Squeez ) Electro House & Trance

quick bio. Jon's been spining for almost two decades and has held residencies at some big east coast clubs that include Metropolis , Traffic and Spy Bar in Cleveland, Oh. The Hanger and Draft Haus in Pittsburgh Pa , recently moved to portland for the residency job at Fusion Lounge. He's spun with Paul Oakenfold,Armin Van Burren, Darude, Donald Glaude, Dj Dan,Dj Icey and many more superstar dj's during his career. one thing for sure when jon is on the decks there's tons of energy in the air for the clubbers to dance there asses off.

Thanks for sharing your encounters or experiences. As promoters here in the west coast we like to make sure our scene stays nice.

Posted by: firstdivision Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 King of all Pimps
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:46 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: interesting stuff

shortie wrote:
Well here's what we're being told in PDX:

A little about me:

Jon Gordon ' The Energy Dj ' ( Portland Or / Cleveland, Oh)( resident dj @ Fusion Lounge / Squeez ) Electro House & Trance

quick bio. Jon's been spining for almost two decades and has held residencies at some big east coast clubs that include Metropolis , Traffic and Spy Bar in Cleveland, Oh. The Hanger and Draft Haus in Pittsburgh Pa , recently moved to portland for the residency job at Fusion Lounge. He's spun with Paul Oakenfold,Armin Van Burren, Darude, Donald Glaude, Dj Dan,Dj Icey and many more superstar dj's during his career. one thing for sure when jon is on the decks there's tons of energy in the air for the clubbers to dance there asses off.

Thanks for sharing your encounters or experiences. As promoters here in the west coast we like to make sure our scene stays nice.

Okay this stands out like a sore thumb. First of all did he start spinning at the age of 10, or is he 40 now. Second, when did Cleveland OH become an east coast club scene? I'd lump us with the mid-west scene myself, but I guess I could be wrong.

"..and fuck your parakeet to" -LH

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:19 pm
 Post Post subject:

He looks like he is 40.

ha Exclamation

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:36 pm
 Post Post subject:

Tymezup wrote:
Kaotic: I've always been on the fence about this guy. He has always treated me with respect, and he is always trying to get something going. There is nothing bad about that. WHOEVER, there is baggage with him, that is to be certain.

I had heard all kinds of stuff about him, but in my few encounters found him to be very kind and helpful. When Boompsie and I were briefly doing Fridays at Krave we had forgotten to bring our needles one night and he offered to let us use his (and he had to go home and get them for us). I thought he was very nice.

Posted by: Just ... Spyral Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:07 pm
 Post Post subject:

By chance....is this Kaotic?

Posted by: Naps Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mix Librarian
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:24 am
 Post Post subject:

Derek Carney wrote:
Tymezup wrote:
Kaotic: I've always been on the fence about this guy. He has always treated me with respect, and he is always trying to get something going. There is nothing bad about that. WHOEVER, there is baggage with him, that is to be certain.

I had heard all kinds of stuff about him, but in my few encounters found him to be very kind and helpful. When Boompsie and I were briefly doing Fridays at Krave we had forgotten to bring our needles one night and he offered to let us use his (and he had to go home and get them for us). I thought he was very nice.

OK...if we are being truthful. My personal experience w/ him was when I was running an open table's night on Thursdays at Abbasso "DJ Flash" was playing when I noticed a few good tracks in a row that I just had heard on a local dj's mixed cd that he had just put out. After I recognized the 3rd track in a row from this mix and I was sure that it was just a mixed CD that he put in the CD decks. I actually went up and unplugged the CD decks. Truth be told this cat was "TRYING" to act like a dj...you can ask other people that were there that night!!
truth be told...that's my run in with "DJ KAOTIC"??? AKA Flash/ Jon Gordon.

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:51 am
 Post Post subject:

Naps wrote:
when I was running an open tables night on Thursdays at Abbasso

this night sucked, it didn't bring anyone together nor did anything for the scene.

i removed the errant apostrophe for posture. i'll forgive you for the early signup... for now.

(naps you're awesome <3 you are legend )

can we get an update on abbasso's ghost, anyone?

Posted by: Just ... Spyral Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:21 am
 Post Post subject:

Hearing him "DJ" was like listening to mixtapes (mix cds) ...oh....wait....it WAS listening to them.

King of all Pimps
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:52 am
 Post Post subject:

Naps, who's mix cd was he using?

I really don't have a personal problem with the guy. He didn't really screw anyone over, steal their car, or murder anyone's dog that I know of. He's a nice guy and I'm not going to say kick his ass, I'm just going to say that maybe he wasn't cut out to be a dj. He just needs to find another calling.

Posted by: Brandon A Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:11 am
 Post Post subject:

firstdivision wrote:
He didn't really screw anyone over, steal their car....

You sure about that one?

If Nikki & Jason (from Phuture Physix) saw this thread they'd have a field day....

that bitch is a 4 on a good day -K

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:33 am
 Post Post subject:

Kaotic was always kind to David and I, and as far as I could tell was nice to everyone. From what I could see, he got a lot of hope and inspiration from music, and wanted to give that to others. I was under the impression he hated his job and wanted to try to make music his full-time job. I never saw him as being the type of person who got into promoting to try to make a quick buck. The dude didn't have a lot of resources, but he had hustle, and worked hard. The fact that so many people from this board from so many different scene cliques know him speaks to the fact he tried to reach out and build friendships with everyone, not just the trance crowd, the house crowd, the techno crowd, the dnb crowd, whatever. He loves the scene with every ounce of love he has in his heart, and if I were you out West, I would keep the drama at a safe distance and take what's good, maybe mentoring him and practicing with him if you think he really can't beatmatch and phrase, and work with him - and channel all of his energy and enthusiasm into something positive. My $.02 - I know it's easy for me to say now that we've basically retired with working full-time and going to school full-time, but honestly - if you have a situation with him, I think it's easier to be positive and spread love rather than put people on the defensive.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

King of all Pimps
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:39 am
 Post Post subject:

Brandon A wrote:
You sure about that one?

If Nikki & Jason (from Phuture Physix) saw this thread they'd have a field day....

Like I said that I know of. Stuff happened so long ago I tend to forget things easily due to old-timers disease.

Posted by: shortie Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:53 am
 Post Post subject:

From our experiences here I can say that he really does try and is motivated. He does seem to have a good heart at times. However, we have noticed some sketch activity. Posting on Cleveland forums saying he is playing with Bad Boy Bill, etc...which he is not. So that concerned us.

One DJ was trying to help him because he was rubbing people the wrong way in the EDM scene here. He's playing more in the top forty scene and had the wrong mentality. It started out cool, But now he's letting that person do all the work. Bookings, promotion etc...to find out that he's making money off the night and not even offering the guest DJ's a free drink. Nor is he trying to compensate the DJ that was helping him get into the scene. She has since stopped helping.

So we're not trying to start drama with the guy. We just want to make sure that he's not going to "use" our scene that he's trying so hard to break into. I know everyone needs to prove there own self...but we want to know when things just don't seem right.

Posted by: Hoppa Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:33 pm
 Post Post subject:

Brandon A wrote:
firstdivision wrote:
He didn't really screw anyone over, steal their car....

You sure about that one?

Laughing werd Exclamation

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: Naps Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mix Librarian
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:33 pm
 Post Post subject:

firstdivision wrote:
Naps, who's mix cd was he using?

Honestly I can't remember who's CD it was, I'm getting old too! Embarassed
But I'm 100% sure he was using someone's mix cd that night, which goes fully against why i even had an open tables nights to begin with. Rolling Eyes

Posted by: matt budd Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 am
 Post Post subject: .

wow, that night! that was impressive. open "table's" nights hold some of my fondest memories. thanks naps. Very Happy

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:30 pm
 Post Post subject: lol

Jon started djing in the mid 80s (known as Dj Flash) in and around clubs in the pittsburgh area where he grew up. Moved to Youngstown ohio in the mid 90s and spun at several large clubs there to include The Outer Limits where he opened for The Vengaboys in 1998. After going to Cancun for spring break in 2002 he networked himself into some gigs at Senior Froggs. After doing a Beach party there for a few thousand people he spun Darudes hit Sandstorm, while that song was playing he discovered the awsome energy that is fed to the crowd and back to the dj through Electronic Dance Music, This forever changed his life, no more did he want to play top 40 and hip hop.:

From 2003 - 2005 he was the resident dj for Metropolis Nightclub in Cleveland Ohio, where is was involved with Projects like - Stereo - Spundae - Push (afterhour shows) and many other projects. He also got to spin with many superstar dj?s to include Darude -Armin Van Buuren - Paul Oakenfold - Dj Icey-D:Fuse - Kenneth Thomas and many more. With each superstar dj he spun with he took a piece of each style and blended it all together to make him who he is today. Every show is different , you never know which way he's going to go with his style of music. One thing for sure is every set will be full of tons of energy . he is one of the most positive and never give up dj's around. 2007 Jon took a new venture in his dj career and took on a residency at a club on the west coast in arizona (tequila bob's) the town was mainly a hip hop = mainstream town but little by little jon is educating the club on EDM . In 2008 Jon moved to the north west and took up a residency at Fusion Lounge and Squeez in Portland Or. , look for some awsome events in the northwest and beyond with Mellow Yellow Entertainment out of southern Cali who jon just signed on as one of there resident dj's and event promoter. You can also check out jon on www.evolutionfm.org starting in june for his Voyage In 2 Electro Sessions from 7pm to 9pm PST on mondays

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 am
 Post Post subject:

Good news Cleveland,

Kaotic is headed back to a club near you!

Page 3 of 5