Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic

What Evening (7-7:30) Is the Best For You!!
Monday Aug 2nd
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Tues Aug 3rd
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Wed Aug 4th
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Thur Aug 5th
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Posted by: pepper spray Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Grammar Nazi
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:37 am
 Post Post subject:

headrushmusic wrote:
Idea Is there any unity around wanting a big collaborative event that's a fundraiser for the Kerry/Edwards campaign ? Idea

I'd be all for helping out. Maybe you could get Scott Henry to come spin for cheap. And bring Russel Simmons and the Hip Hop Congress (my brother might have contacts there). Although I know they have trouble doing anything partisan.

Ohio is such a big battle ground you might be able to get a good amount of support and promotion help from the Kerry Campaign.

Aside from the political motivations, I think this is a neat idea that could get more non-EDM people out and possibly into the scene in the future if we play all our cards right.

...and don't forget the Kerry/Edwards party at my house on Sunday from 4-8. Hit me up for directions. Free food and drinks, plus good muzak. ^_^

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:42 pm
 Post Post subject:

Evan had booked Scott Henry couple years ago for rock the vote in Kent and that beyatch never showed up... Missed his flight or some shit...dont count on him...he aint that great anyway

Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:41 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: .

djkaotic wrote:
i'm going to be downtown tomorrow and will stop by the democratic headquarters and see what they think about doing an event to pump up kerry and edwards :

if there are any specific questions anyone would like to be asked or ideas brought up pm me and i'll check my pm's before i go downtown around 1pm.

What did you find out at the D HQ?

Posted by: jdat Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:54 am
 Post Post subject:

bushwik wrote:
Evan had booked Scott Henry couple years ago for rock the vote in Kent and that beyatch never showed up... Missed his flight or some shit...dont count on him...he aint that great anyway

Monday night 4th of November '02

I remember that like it was yesterday! Rolling Eyes

The week before I had driven to Boston for Pvd Thursday after he was in New York Friday .... I got super sick in NYC and had to make it back home because of that Show ( Scott Henry ) because I was starting out visuals at the time and was going to do some stuff with another guy there.
Mind you I was very pissed after driving that whole day, sick, to find out that Scott Henry missed his plane and crapola.

Pvd was playing again on monday night at Arc and I could have been there. Laughing

I'm such a dj whore Mad

Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:11 pm
 Post Post subject:

Hello all--

Just to let you know, I have been in the process of planning a MAJOR Democratic Party fundraising event, so I would greatly appreciate it if we made sure to avoid scheduling conflicts. I already have a venue booked for Saturday, October 16, and we are bringing in a major headliner, as well as catering, band, etc. If you are thinking about doing a Democratic party event, I would ask that you please contact me at david@headrushmusic.com so that we can coordinate our efforts. This is extremely important to me, and I have been planning this for months now, so I would like to avoid conflicts. It is CRITICAL that we use this opportunity to interface with the "outside world" in a smart, organized manner. The benefits for our scene could be tremendous.

Thanks,

David

Page 2 of 2