Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Forbidden City (General Discussion)
View previous topic : View next topic

favorite club?
 3%  [ 1 ]
wish
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
mercury lounge
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
b side
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
abbasso
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
cloud 9
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
spy
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
moda
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
other
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 31

Posted by: jbunny Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Too Hip For A Rank
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:03 pm
 Post Post subject:

jugoe wrote:
Quote:
Does Rain have potential? Haven't been yet.

I don't know why I even bother posting this since you're not going to read it...but I think Rain has potential only because it is small, has a dope patio, and its extremely casual. The sound / dj set up needs some work, but other than that, I think it can be a lot of fun with the right crowd. I haven't been there for Fracture yet, but I know Tuesdays are cool and August 12th will be really fun.

Okay, I'll start reading your posts only if I can get into your weekly at Rain for $3.99. Very Happy

I'll check out Rain this month. There are a couple of events i want to go to.

Posted by: candice radin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:06 pm
 Post Post subject:

jbunny wrote:

Okay, I'll start reading your posts only if I can get into your weekly at Rain for $3.99. Very Happy

how about for fracture on the 31st (of course if you'll be in town which you probably won't be) b/c me and darbe are playing.

Posted by: jbunny Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Too Hip For A Rank
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:15 pm
 Post Post subject:

radin wrote:
jbunny wrote:

how about for fracture on the 31st (of course if you'll be in town which you probably won't be) b/c me and darbe are playing.

Since you are spinning on the 31st, I decided to leave town. D and I will both be gone that weekend. Sad

You going to the Grog tonight?

Posted by: candice radin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:20 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
You going to the Grog tonight?

not sure yet. i was planning on it, but i'm pretty broke and don't think i should. we'll see Rolling Eyes

Posted by: Justin Hartman Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Hot Tub Beer Golf Champion
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:50 pm
 Post Post subject:

neuspeed wrote:
Quote:
jamie- did you not like the sound at karma for ?uest?

I spent most of the time listening to ?uest through the booth monitors which he turned out instead of using them (I guess the man doesn't like monitors). My main issue with Karma's sound is the subs. The middle room has shit for bass because the subs are way over by the bathroom. Also in both the middle and back room they have the subs stacked on top of one another as opposed to being placed on the ground where they belong IMO. Thus karma's sound comes across to me as being rather thin on the bottom end. I think that re-evaluating their speaker placement could do a lot to help this though.

The monitors were louder than the whole room and the sound was better in front of them IMO. I'd walk buy the subs on the way to the shitter and could hardly here them. If they would have simply turned them up I think it would have inproved the sound dramatically. I had a great time, ?uest Love rocked it.

Posted by: Phoenix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 CNL Bigmouth
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:13 am
 Post Post subject:

"Cloud 9 - Sweet sound system. The VIP area is retarded, who is going to pay extra to sit by the wall?"

Ditto, there. Actually, I can't remember the last time I've gone to a house music club and sat down anywhere. lol Razz I go. I dance. I leave... reluntantly... kickin' & screaming. lol

"I miss having a regular afterhours."

Did you say AFTERHOURS????? OMG!! I would KILL for an afterhours danceparty in this town!

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:20 am
 Post Post subject:

spiderr987 wrote:

Did you say AFTERHOURS????? OMG!! I would KILL for an afterhours danceparty in this town!

Oh, come on now, children. Surely you know that "early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." :smt083

(I guess that's why Cleveland is such a prosperous, healthy, and smart city.) Wierd Face

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:51 am
 Post Post subject:

headrushmusic wrote:
spiderr987 wrote:

Oh, come on now, children. Surely you know that "early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." :smt083

(I guess that's why Cleveland is such a prosperous, healthy, and smart city.) Wierd Face

Heh. If you have a tight knit scene, and you close at 2:30 -- the afterhours become private and not corporate business. A centralized afterhours, IMHO, is bad because people tend to skip the club and go right for the afterhours -- instead of going out to the club early to get the full experience. No arguement... just my thoughts on the subject.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: validation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 "The Situation"
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:35 pm
 Post Post subject:

doug, i totally agree with you on that. last week after sammy o played, we had almost a hundred people show up to wish for an afterhours party (that didn't occur). in my opinion, you should be there way before 2:30 to even be allowed to stay (unless you are a dj or bar employee).

Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:30 pm
 Post Post subject:

dj vodka wrote:
yeah, sucks when papers print wrong dates. at least you got a story.

You call that little blurb a story??? Where's the emoticon for farting?

--D

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:37 pm
 Post Post subject:

Deviant wrote:

Where's the emoticon for farting?

:fart:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: validation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 "The Situation"
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:09 pm
 Post Post subject:

hey (here's my salesman pitch)- people today don't read. so, i could argue that a little blurb has more value than a full page story!

Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:17 pm
 Post Post subject:

dj vodka wrote:
hey (here's my salesman pitch)- people today don't read. so, i could argue that a little blurb has more value than a full page story!

Sadly enough, there is a lot of validity to your point!

--D

Posted by: NRM Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mod from the Future
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:34 pm
 Post Post subject: favorite club/space

i see alot of back pedaling going on here ( - :

how about you brad?

NRM

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:05 pm
 Post Post subject:

Karma - Nice club, has potential but not in the ideal location... The powerhouse is like a mall in there...hmmm lets got to Karma for a while and then maybe we'll walk over and do some window shopping at the improv.

Cloud Nine - Next Summer it will become the best club in the city if second floor and rooftop lounge becomes a reality...This is tentative information but it is highly likely as long as business is steady downtown.

Abbasso - Great space. Terrible location for that type of bar! Any business owner should know that location is one of the most important aspects of success. There is no way that that place will draw a huge crowd in this town. Just way to inconvenient.

Wish - Excellent club! Room setup is best city. Tons of potential. Cool vibe. As far as the sound goes Its mediocre at best. 2nd floor sounds descent everywhere else is lacking. Prolly best all around though.

Moda - This club is terrible imo. They are way off the beaten path. I have no clue how they can run an establishment that size and be empty every weekend like they are. The only thing I like is the sound and the upstairs vip area is pretty cool...way to pricey...I am not a big fan of that hail to the dj BS they got going on there with the booth 30 feet above you. Nice club but way wrong. Shit if they played trance at that place every night it'd prolly be packed...why dont they just do that?

Mercury - Cool lounge...Crowd is alright...at least its busy everynight here. Very flexible with there music. Too small imo. Not really a club more of a bar.

B Sides - Great looking bar really nice spot... I havent hear the new sound but it was the most god awful sound I had ever heard before. `

Rain - Cool little spot..patio has got great intimate party potential...not very dj friendly ...definately just a bar...

CNL Bigmouth
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:40 pm
 Post Post subject:

...yeah, but a sound system alone does not a great club make. heh! Razz what do you think is the best EDM club all things considered?

Posted by: marisol Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:05 am
 Post Post subject:

well that does make things a bit tricky. I have always been more of an event whore and i love it when the bass is hitting so hard it wrenches my gut. but as far as a favorite club i have always liked the vibe at abassos

Posted by: KosherKuts Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Too Hip For A Rank
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:46 am
 Post Post subject:

this is very tough, all things considered I would have to go with Metropolis. This is based upon having the best sound system, big damce floor, mutilple rooms, large capacity, and crowd diversity. The only club in Cleveland with Turbo Sound damn.[/i]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

CNL Bigmouth
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:40 am
 Post Post subject:

I don't doubt that, but I would think Metro's serious lack in good EDM music and a strong crowd would bring it down in the ratings. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only club on the list that plays top 40 at all?

Last edited by Phoenix on Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted by: KosherKuts Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Too Hip For A Rank
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:52 am
 Post Post subject:

I am just saying that if a national or international, or even good local event was to happen in Cleveland and it could happen at any club, I would like to see it at Metropolis. I know now that things are not going so good for them, but besides that Metropolis provides the best all around atmosphere/sound/lighting/occupancy/dancefloor, in my opinon to see a show. Some are gonna disagree but its my opinion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Page 2 of 2