Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Suggestions, Support, and Bug Reports
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:40 am
 Post Post subject: Siglines & Avatars

Just installed the mod that should allow you to disable siglines and avatars if you do not wish to view them. Helpful for people on slow computers or connections. Just go into your profile to adjust. I haven't tested everything - hopefully it all works! If someone wants to create a new account, that would be helpful. Need to know if it works - and if it works if there is anything in the template that doesn't match.

Here is the rest of the "to do" list.

To do:

a) Remove the odd minutes and make then 15 minute intervals in the dropdown when posting an event.

b) In calendar view - remove the dropdown to select a forum.

c) Look into "authorization" mod for events section. That way instead of splitting all posts will go into a cue before they are posted.

d) gallery both here and on poo-bas.com has been broken for 2 months

e) rss/syndication

f) google optimization

Done:

a) Removed the links to the schedule which looks ugly and I don't think any used (and I never really saw a point to it).

b) Made the Calendar look nicer than it ever has before. Still isn't perfect, but much better than ever.

c) Took out the duration time when posting an event. You can still do multiple days however.

d) Cleaned up the appearance of adding events to Calendar.

e) Remove the 70's and 80's dates from the dropdown when posting an event.

f) Figure out why topics aren't showing in the moderator split console.

g) "All times" are now working.

h) IP Logging on registration (for banning spambots)

i) User setting to ignore siglines

j) Spambot Mod

k) "Last on" mod

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:16 am
 Post Post subject:

Just a little update...

Here is the rest of the "to do" list. Performance seems to still be great! If there are ANY errors, you guys need to let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To do:

a) Remove the odd minutes and make then 15 minute intervals in the dropdown when posting an event.
Still having problems with this. Looks like I have to find someone to code a new function.

b) In calendar view - remove the dropdown to select a forum.
Haven't looked into this as much... this likely won't happen as the code seems to require a change I can't handle.

c) gallery both here and on poo-bas.com has been broken for 2 months
yeah yeah

d) google optimization
Not sure that this is still a valid mod to do. Everything here seems to be googled fairly well Wink

Done:

a) Removed the links to the schedule which looks ugly and I don't think any used (and I never really saw a point to it).

b) Made the Calendar look nicer than it ever has before. Still isn't perfect, but much better than ever.

c) Took out the duration time when posting an event. You can still do multiple days however.

d) Cleaned up the appearance of adding events to Calendar.

e) Remove the 70's and 80's dates from the dropdown when posting an event.

f) Figure out why topics aren't showing in the moderator split console.

g) "All times" are now working.
This got finished this week.

h) IP Logging on registration (for banning spambots)
This got finished this week. This is for admins and it is visible in the user profiles on the admin page.

i) User setting to ignore siglines
This got finished this week. Details are in this thread

j) Spambot Mod
Done today - not sure exactly how it works - but new registers will have to have at least 10 posts to fill in website, sigline, and other things. Hopefully this will also provide a sense of community, but may lead to more spam posts. We'll see.

k) "Last on" mod
Also finished today. I think only admins can see this though, however everyone gets a new feature where you can see who has been logged into the form (not sure if it is for the whole day, or just the last hour- looks like the whole day). It is at the bottom of the main page. I might delete that part though, because on a busy day with a 100 users on the form that is gonna get full quickly.

l) Found "authorization" mod for events section. That way instead of splitting all posts will go into a cue before they are posted.
This has been impleminted. This will eliminate "replying" to a thread to post an event. Instead the poster, forum moderator, and admins will see an "approve" button that allows the post to become visible.

j) rss/syndication
Done.

k) fix the footer -- users online

Last edited by Tymezup on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:14 am; edited 4 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:18 pm
 Post Post subject:

Doug Burkhart wrote:

c) Look into "authorization" mod for events section. That way instead of splitting all posts will go into a cue before they are posted.
Found one, we will give it a try in the next week. This will eliminate "replying" to a thread to post an event. Instead the poster, forum moderator, and admins will see an "approve" button that allows the post to become visible.

Awesome!

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:44 am
 Post Post subject:

damn... i was ambitious when i got home... i installed the aforementioned mod... so we have to test it and i have to make it look good... and on the initial test it looks like it is for posts and not topics... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

need sleeep now

Page 1 of 1