Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : The Food Court: Dining Out or In
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: vitruvius Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Grillmaster
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:12 pm
 Post Post subject: Vintage Ohio

Ohio wines often get a bad rap, but those in the know are aware of some very tasty Ohio wines out there. Don't believe me? Come on out to Kirtland this weekend and find out for yourself.

Vintage Ohio is a showcase of some of the best wines Ohio has to offer and it's this weekend.

http://www.visitvintageohio.com/

I'm going up on Sunday.

Who wants to join me?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:15 pm
 Post Post subject:

I'm trying to tallk Jamie into it....but I think a DD would be a good idea. I'd love to know how good it is to know whether to do one of those hotel / transportation packages some year.

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:27 pm
 Post Post subject:

[threadjack]

Along these lines, I worked in upstate NY around the Finger Lakes in '96 and '97 and Jill and I stayed at a gorgeous bed and breakfast near Keuka Lake (we worked at Keuka College for a few days). I think it was this one http://www.keukaoverlook.com/

There are some great wineries all around the Finger Lakes.

I highly recommend a weekend stay as a decent getaway. It's not that far of a drive and absolutely beautiful in the Fall.

[/threadjack]

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:45 pm
 Post Post subject:

Yeah, having stayed at the inn where Jenny and Damon's wedding was I fell in love with the bed and breakfast concept...the grounds were really nice, and the idea of getting away for a day in the middle of nowhere was kind of nice. I always thought they would be cheesy places with shared bathrooms and be really boring..not so. (well the room wasn't totally cheesy...it was kinda over "cute" but that was kind of charming. I'm tempted to find another really nice one sometime. One with a winery would be fantastic.

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:53 pm
 Post Post subject:

Avalon wrote:
Yeah, having stayed at the inn where Jenny and Damon's wedding was I fell in love with the bed and breakfast concept...the grounds were really nice, and the idea of getting away for a day in the middle of nowhere was kind of nice. I always thought they would be cheesy places with shared bathrooms and be really boring..not so. (well the room wasn't totally cheesy...it was kinda over "cute" but that was kind of charming. I'm tempted to find another really nice one sometime. One with a winery would be fantastic.

I think I saved a brochure for the Finger Lakes. I'll try and dig it up and pass it on. It really is an awesome area to visit for a quiet getaway weekend.

Posted by: vitruvius Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Grillmaster
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:55 pm
 Post Post subject:

So yeah, my mental calendar was a bit off. It's actually Friday and Saturday. So I think I'll try to sneak up for a few hours on Saturday before the show to sample a few, but mostly to replenish my recently depleted wine shelf. :-)

BTW, pics from W&C3 are up on the blog. :-D

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Posted by: skyelarae Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:00 am
 Post Post subject: Vintage Ohio

Speaking of Vintage Ohio, I will be doing a cooking demo at the ICASI Cooking School tent at 4:00 pm Saturday. I will be doing a cooking demo called "Lo Carb Grilling".

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:14 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: Vintage Ohio

skyelarae wrote:
"Lo Carb Grilling"

I'm honestly not trying to be a smart-ass, but what other kind of grilling is there? Save for corn on the cob, aren't eggplant, chicken, steaks, ribs, zucchini, peppers, etc low-carb?

I've been looking for some fun cooking classes; we might hit this up.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: skyelarae Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
 Post Post subject:

It's cool. I had to give the demo a name, and that was the first thing that came to mind. I am making marinated flank steak, sauteed mushrooms and mixed vegetables. The "lo carb" part of the demo, obviously, is the sides. People ask me all the time about low carb side dishes to make when they grill and I came up with these simple recipes.

Hey, it's all about exposure for me!

If you are interested in taking culinary classes, I teach recreational classes out at the Loretta Paganini School of Cooking in Chesterland. Look for classes taught by Eric Wells. Love to have you in one of my classes!

http://lpscinc.com/classes.asp

Page 1 of 1