Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : The Food Court: Dining Out or In
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Sheriiff Kevin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:55 pm
 Post Post subject: trying out a healthier morning ritual

i'm trying to cut down my caffeine intake as of late. working 6pm to 2:30am causes me to have a hard time getting up in the morning, and an even harder time falling asleep when i get home. someone on another forum recommended mangosteen juice and said it helped him sleep at night and gave him more energy during the day. so we did some research and ordered some. he said Xango was the best but expensive, but Dynamic Health Labs was another good choice.

1-3oz a day is the directions. so i woke up and did 2 shots. it wasnt bad but it wasnt delicious. it was tolerable, which is good enough for me to be doing it every morning. we'll see how this works out. i shoud be feeling the effects within a month or so

Mangosteen Juice.

Reconstituted garcinia mangosteen juice from whole fruit, Organic black cherry juice concentrate, organic cranberry juice concentrate, blueberry juice concentrate, organic raspberry juice concentrate, pomegranate juice concentrate, elderberry juice concentrate, citric acid, natural flavor. Contains No Added Sugar, Artificial Colors or Artificial Flavors.

# All Natural Ingredients , Certified Kosher,
# Enriched with Xanthone,
# A Very High ORAC Product
# Anti Allergenic, Anti Aging
# Alleviates Cell Damage Caused by Free Radicals

For centuries, the people of Southeast Asia have known all about the goodness of the Mangosteen fruit. Now science supports what they've known all along. Rarely has a fruit that has been so unknown to the common man of the western world been so studied, examined, researched, and scrutinized by science than the remarkable Mangosteen. Study after study, research paper after research paper all extol the extraordinary benefits of the Mangosteen and its rich supply of antioxidant xanthones. It is well understood today that free radicals attack our bodies at the cellular level. In fact, it is free radical damage that has been linked to many degenerative diseases, aging, even cancer. To counter free radical damage, it is important to have antioxidants in your diet. Antioxidants help to neutralize and eliminate free radicals. There has been extensive scientific research done on the antioxidants found in vitamins -- especially Vitamin C & E. Now science has discovered Xanthones - a much more powerful antioxidant than those found in vitamins. Xanthones are also known as "adaptagens" for their unique ability to adapt and assist the body in many areas. Science has identified approximately 200 different Xanthones. The Mangosteen has an amazing 43 just by itself, including some of the most dynamic Xanthones yet studied. There are other herbs and plants, such as St. John's Wort, which might contain one or two Xanthones... but nothing compares with the quantity and vibrancy of Xanthones in Mangosteen. Drink Dynamic Health's Labs Inc.TM Mangosteen delicious juice blend to gain all of the miraculous benefits of xanthones: powerful antioxidants protection against free radical damage, support for cholesterol concerns, a natural energy enhancer and a strengthener for the immune system.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:04 pm
 Post Post subject:

i broke breakfast into two parts, and it's helped a bit.

1/2 bowl of smart start healthy heart (best cereal ever, and yes, it's marketed for women) around 8:20am then a nutrigrain bar or orange at 10:30.

a year ago my breakfast was usually hot smoke and 32oz of joe.

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:41 pm
 Post Post subject:

James [graph] wrote:
i broke breakfast into two parts, and it's helped a bit.

1/2 bowl of smart start healthy heart (best cereal ever, and yes, it's marketed for women) around 8:20am then a nutrigrain bar or orange at 10:30.

a year ago my breakfast was usually hot smoke and 32oz of joe.

how has it been working for you? i'm desperate to get rid of the caffeine

ever night at work i drink 2-3 red bulls, then on the weekends i end up miserable with headaches from not drinking the same amount

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:45 pm
 Post Post subject:

Sheriff Kevin wrote:
how has it been working for you? i'm desperate to get rid of the caffeine

ever night at work i drink 2-3 red bulls, then on the weekends i end up miserable with headaches from not drinking the same amount

i still sometimes have one cup, but that's about it. the key is to jump-start your metabolism in the morning. i walk 12 blocks to work, and that wakes me up hardcore.

some people can get super-addicted to caffeine, some can't. gotta wean yourself off it, and yes, the headaches suck, but they'll be gone after 7-8 days of abstinence.

try substituting with something that tastes similar...hmm...try going to work with a big water bottle filled with crystal light lemonade or lime or something.

Posted by: Stark Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:53 am
 Post Post subject:

redbull is the devil

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:11 pm
 Post Post subject:

Stark wrote:
redbull is the devil

i'm learnin that. my friends mom is a nurse and hes been telling me all the nasty things it does to your heart.

im officially down from 3 to 2 and i'm going to be drinking gatorade, juice, or water at work from now on

Posted by: Random(seed) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Level 3 Dungeon Master
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:37 pm
 Post Post subject:

Im waiting for them to prove that RedBull causes strokes personally. The lawsuits are gonna FLY one of these days.

Re(Vision)
Every Weds @ Annabell's [Ak]

"Minimal house-no is the shit"

Posted by: NRM Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mod from the Future
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:56 pm
 Post Post subject:

i water my mangosteen juice down...it is really strong, dont ya think?

if you want food health tips speak up.

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:03 pm
 Post Post subject:

Neo Rude Movement wrote:
i water my mangosteen juice down...it is really strong, dont ya think?

if you want food health tips speak up.

yeah the guy who turned me on to it said to get the Dynamic Health Labs brand. he said its the only one he's found that doesnt taste bad.

it is pretty strong, but the bottle says you only need like 1-3oz a day so i just do 2 shots when i wake up every morning Smile it doesnt taste like candy and kool aid but its tolerable in small doses. i cant imagine drinking a glass of it a day

Page 1 of 1