Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Suggestions, Support, and Bug Reports
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:53 am
 Post Post subject: Adding an image to your post

Someone who shall remain nameless asked, so here it is.

1) Upload the image to a free photo space online, like Photobucket or Imageshack, (or even better, to your own webspace).

2) Copy and paste the link they provide into your post. There should be a link that begins with [img] or [IMG]. OR... you can copy the provided URL for the file (usually provided as well, begins with http://blahblahimage.jpg or .gif

3) and then paste that address (URL) into your post...then highlight that URL and click the 'Img' button above your text box (B, i, u, Quote, Code, List, List=, Img, URL: that is the order of the button directly below the Subject line)
and then it will post when you submit it.

[edit]

I thought there were help files in the FAQ section that explained this, but here it is in case you couldn't find that info.

Keep in mind that the original image may get resized (usually smaller) if the original file size is larger than a certain size. Also, I beleive that high quality images (a higher dpi, such as 300 dpi, used in professional printing) may likely not appear properly on the web. If you see a broken image link (box with an x or some other character in it) your post did not work. Also there was some concern about exporting certain file types from the Mac, so read this thread for more info on that if that pertains to you.

Last edited by Derek Carney on Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted by: Sheriiff Kevin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:42 pm
 Post Post subject:

eh might want to edit out that part about existing images on the web. i was a noob once and made the mistake of taking someones personal bandwith (knew nothing about it at the time)

imagine my surprise to wake up to goatse the next day Mad

imageshack has the option to use that URL to rehost it on the imageshack servers, or you can just save the image to your comptuer to upload.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:21 pm
 Post Post subject:

Sheriff Kevin wrote:
eh might want to edit out that part about existing images on the web. i was a noob once and made the mistake of taking someones personal bandwith (knew nothing about it at the time)

imagine my surprise to wake up to goatse the next day Mad

imageshack has the option to use that URL to rehost it on the imageshack servers, or you can just save the image to your comptuer to upload.

You're right, there's no excuse not to now how to use Imageshack or whathaveyou. It only takes a minute.

Very Happy

Page 1 of 1