Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Suggestions, Support, and Bug Reports
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:19 am
 Post Post subject: UPGRADE

For the last hour or so, I did a minor upgrade to the forum.

This upgrade probably meant you needed to log back in and it probably affected a few of you who were online.

I also did the pruning, but didn't do it as aggressively as planed.

The new upgrade has some flood control and it limits the search page so that it doesn't stress the server.

As always, the upgrade required manual editing of 30 or 40 files. If I made a mistake, it isn't easy to catch. So if something is giving you an error... let me know.

If anyone has issues signing up, I need to know about that. I also started to doze off during something that effected private messages so if you have problems with that let me know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:12 am
 Post Post subject: Re: UPGRADE

[quote="Doug Burkhart"]For the last hour or so, I did a minor upgrade to the forum.

This upgrade probably meant you needed to log back in and it probably affected a few of you who were online.

The new upgrade has some flood control and it limits the search page so that it doesn't stress the server.

As always, the upgrade required manual editing of 30 or 40 files. If I made a mistake, it isn't easy to catch. So if something is giving you an error... let me know.

If anyone has issues signing up, I need to know about that. I also started to doze off during something that effected private messages so if you have problems with that let me know.[/quote]

This is just a test 'cause something looks screwed up with the quotations this morning.

edit: yeah doug the quotation function doesn't seem to work if you have 'quote="somebody"' It does work without a name though.

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:00 am
 Post Post subject: Re: UPGRADE

Jamie Tyler wrote:
Doug Burkhart wrote:
For the last hour or so, I did a minor upgrade to the forum.

If anyone has issues signing up, I need to know about that. I also started to doze off during something that effected private messages so if you have problems with that let me know.

This is just a test 'cause something looks screwed up with the quotations this morning.

edit: yeah doug the quotation function doesn't seem to work if you have 'quote="somebody"' It does work without a name though.

This is my first test to see if it is working now.

This is a known bug with the upgrade --- and they are telling people to disable HTML on the forum to fix the problem. That is what I did here. There is another fix, but I wanted to try this first.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:01 am
 Post Post subject:

Ok, this works. I'm gonna search for more fixes...

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:08 pm
 Post Post subject:

No one reported it, but I had edited privmsg.php (effecting private messages) wrong. The error it was turning up when you tried to quote is now fixed.

Still waiting for them to come up with a fix for the quote thing... which is not working.. at the expense of not being able to use html in your posts.

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:10 pm
 Post Post subject:

HTML is back on, so your sig lines should be working.

functions_post.php was edited as noted in CVS. not an offical patch though. the official stance of phpbb is that html should not be allowed anyways.

Page 1 of 1