Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Suggestions, Support, and Bug Reports
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:53 pm
 Post Post subject: UPGRADE: Down 10.31.2005 at 8:15 for 1 hour

I'm doing a minor software upgrade to the forum tonight so we will be offline for about an hour (though it says it takes two). One of the things might speed forum performance up some.

Another one of the patches fixes some minor hmtl issues in the original phbb skin (that we don't use here). I might leave that skin active for a bit longer because I want to play around with it and eventually enable it as the DEFAULT for new users to increase performance for those who use dialup connections.

Anyone who feels like adding input on customizing that skin... IM me in a bit (or use the chat module) and if you have photoshop skills that will be a plus. I will be done playing, regardless if I finish, by 10pm. POOBASSHOP is the AIM or I have all the others if you use one of those.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:20 pm
 Post Post subject:

Well, we were down for 3 hours. Sorry about that... it really took that long.

I didn't get to play with the other skin/template at all (other than to do the patches to both of those) so maybe another day.

There are things you will need to test out, for example "auto login" might be disabled in your control panel now by default.

As usual, any problems, let me know. I won't be able to fix stuff until tomorrow night and it is quite possible different areas could be broken :/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:33 am
 Post Post subject:

The gallery wasn't working for a bit, but that is fixed. The patch unset the variable that sends login information to the gallery program, so until someone writes code to fix that I removed the unset command.

I am thinking that this latest patch did improve overall performance, anyone else agree? Of course that could also be due to the fact that optimized that database.

I'm thinking of doing some pruning in the even reviews thread, probably anything that hasn't been bumped in 60 days... so if you want something to remain then I suggest bumping that thread up.

Posted by: Guest Reply with quote

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:23 pm

Post Post subject:

the little orange stars on the left side of the main page that indicate new posts in a thread is busted all the way through for me...

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:24 pm
 Post Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
the little orange stars on the left side of the main page that indicate new posts in a thread is busted all the way through for me...

that was me....

...wasn't logged in. i'm smrt, i promise. Embarassed

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:59 pm
 Post Post subject:

James [graph] wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

that was me....

...wasn't logged in. i'm smrt, i promise. Embarassed

Hrm... so is that why the "little orange stars" weren't working?

I noticed that the upgrade logged me out of the system on every box I own. New cookie/session settings I think.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:38 pm
 Post Post subject:

Metz pointed out to me that sig lines aren't working.

I'll have to figure this out... I'm thinking it is probably due to an incompatibilty between the upgrade and the mode we have that allows you to disable extra graphics on slow connections.

Hmmm.... I think maybe they just disappear when you edit posts? Yeah... that isn't so bad then.

Page 1 of 1