Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : The Food Court: Dining Out or In
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: newaza Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Person Who Passes Out Flyers
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:34 pm
 Post Post subject: Give me your chicken breast recipes.

I bought a bag of skinless, boneless chicken breasts from the local grocery and need recipes for the week. Any suggestions?

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:25 am
 Post Post subject:

lawry's lemon & garlic marinade plus a side of risotto and fresh broccoli. add worchestershire snizzauce and frank's redhot to the marinade for spice & bold flavor.

wha-bam.

in addition, if you have leftovers, make chicken sammiches with nice grinder buns, fresh lettuce and tomato, and a dash of spicy mayo.

if you've ever made risotto, it's risotto pasta and some chicken broth & parmesan. takes about 30 mins to prep. total soul food.

Posted by: Suburban Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:39 am
 Post Post subject:

thanks emeril.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:59 pm
 Post Post subject:

If you like heat...try the Carribean Jerk Marinade from Lawry's with a side of Curry/Coconut rice and Black Beans...total prep time 35 minutes, but well worth it! mmmmm Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:05 pm
 Post Post subject:

stoutxtc wrote:
If you like heat...try the Carribean Jerk Marinade from Lawry's with a side of Curry/Coconut rice and Black Beans...total prep time 35 minutes, but well worth it! mmmmm Very Happy

Damn stout come over and cook me up some of that...

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:07 pm
 Post Post subject:

Eh, see I'm lazy...I'd just dump a ton of diced tomatoes on it, shredded mozarella and fresh basil.

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:28 pm
 Post Post subject:

Cut the chicken up into cubes.

Fry it in some light olive oil...(I use a large wok so I have room for lots of ingredients) throw in some chopped garlic and some lemon and pepper seasoning while its cooking on medium heat.

Thow in some baby spinach around the outsides of the pan so it cooks and gets soggy... and when its almost done throw in some shredded swiss cheese so it melts for the last minute.

Drain the oil and water (from the spinach) by throwing the whole lot into a colandar.

Insert mess into a pita wrap (I like the spinach or red pepper ones).

Pour on some low cal ranch dressing.

Wrap and eat.

Posted by: newaza Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Person Who Passes Out Flyers
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:01 pm
 Post Post subject:

Mmmm, thanks for the tasty recipes! Here's one I got from that show Hell's Kitchen:

Take a chicken breast and butterfly it, so it kinda thin and you can roll it up. Smother some goat cheese on it. Then get some prociutto and put a layer on. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on it. Roll the thing up and sear both sides in the pan to seal in the tasty juices. Next, bake the thing in the oven for 10-15 mins at 450 degrees.

In the show, the dude served it with lil red potatoes granished with parsley and steamed veggies.

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:56 pm
 Post Post subject:

newaza wrote:
Take a chicken breast and butterfly it, so it kinda thin and you can roll it up. Smother some goat cheese on it. Then get some prociutto and put a layer on. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on it. Roll the thing up and sear both sides in the pan to seal in the tasty juices. Next, bake the thing in the oven for 10-15 mins at 450 degrees.

drool.

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:09 am
 Post Post subject:

bushwik wrote:
stoutxtc wrote:

Damn stout come over and cook me up some of that...

Dude, buy the ingredients to fix enough for four and buy me beer...I'll hook it up! Emeril, Batali or Bobby Flay ain't got shit on me once when I get started! Remind me to tell you about my grilled stuffed Salmon recipe sometime!
:wink:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: curved.space.labs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:33 pm
 Post Post subject:

newaza wrote:
Mmmm, thanks for the tasty recipes! Here's one I got from that show Hell's Kitchen:

In the show, the dude served it with lil red potatoes granished with parsley and steamed veggies.

ok, now you're talking....you guys really should try fresh herbs and ingredients and let the whole lemonpepper thing go.... :wink:

Here's one for when you have a whole or split breast with skin & bone...

wash and pat dry chicken, and carefully part the skin from the meat so you don't rip it.

with a peeler, remove the skin of a lemon, chop and put in a bowl with 4 slices of chopped prosciutto, a handful of chopped fresh thyme & 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic. season w/ salt and pepper, and add 2-4 oz softened butter. mash it all up well and push into the space you made btw the meat and skin, massaging the rest all over the breast. put the chicken into a preheated 425 degree oven and roast for 20 minutes.

while that's going, parboil 2 lbs of peeled potatoes that have been cut into chunks for 10 mins. Pull the chicken out, lift off the tray, and throw your potatoes on, swirling around to get all the lovely juice from the butter mixture all over them. put the chicken back on top of the potatoes and cook for around 40 minutes...

let stand for 5 -10 minutes....and while that's resting, you can make a quick gravy by putting the tray on top of the stove over med-high, splashing some Cabernet or Merlot or Shiraz and a touch of water, and scraping the bits....

try it out. its sooooo not hard at all, it tastes absolutely like some real 4 star cuisine. Its an easy joint I do quite often that I modified from a Jamie Oliver recipe. Trust me...fresh ingredients own.

Posted by: curved.space.labs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:48 pm
 Post Post subject:

or, if you're like my friend who almost never deviates from the skinless-boneless styles, try this one::

combine 1 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 T sesame oil, juice of half a lime, 2 inches of chopped ginger and a garlic clove, chopped, each into 2 large freezer bags. add 2 breasts into each, push the air out, seal, and let marinate in fridge for an hour.

take out and grill or fry 5 minutes a side, or until just cooked through. serve with sesame noodles, or rice....

tasty.

Page 1 of 1