Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Suggestions, Support, and Bug Reports
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:34 pm
 Post Post subject: New Events Listings Format

ramzi wrote:

I do not care for this new mode of moderation in this forum...Also you cannot add events to the calendar as it says in the instructions. So the calendar is a no go unless you are going to start posting events for us. Really, what are the advantages of doing this???

Those us who do a lot of form hopping actually prefer this method because as a consumer it is easier to find what you are looking for. It might take a second to get used to, but in the long run it might be more effective.

Sorry about the error in the Calendar. Mods will take care of making those entries I guess.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:14 am
 Post Post subject:

I haven't heard much discussion on this so far from you guys?

Making the day's events "sticky" is pretty cool, but on the other side if it doesn't get "bumped" then it is hard to track. Ex: Funkin' Monday's got pinned to the top, but when it was unpinned it was way down at the bottom because there was no need for anyone to "bump" up.

SO... I think there is something to be said for bumping as opposed to pinning... but that is just my preference because I like to go there and see all activitey fresh. Opinions?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:42 pm
 Post Post subject:

I noticed the Sticky for events and liked it, but haven't been on or in town much to really read through everything or fix the Out of Town section. I have some time off this week, so hopefully will get to everything soon.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:20 pm
 Post Post subject:

Since they are only sticky for the day of the event, you can still BUMP the post with anticipating comments on the days prior to the event.

Using the sticky function helps events/promoters who are too busy on the day of a big event to have to log in and worry about bumping the post, too.

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:47 pm
 Post Post subject:

Man I can't wait till we get the software with the subforums...It will be really nice to have a seperate section for one-offs and one for weekly...What we are doing now with Mods and the Sticky procedures is the best for this particular situation, but with subforums it will be extremly easy.

It is a little frustrating to me because with more traffic comes more events (and this is a good thing), but some stuff is getting lost in the shuffle now and it's only a few weeks away and it's not even viewable really unless it's bumped...

Page 1 of 1