Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : DJs, Producers, Promoters, Music Discussion Forum
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:40 am
 Post Post subject:

I'm all for promoting the forum in any which way possible. I'll try to get on the donation thing on monday. I wish you could create "dual" paypal accounts so that money is kept seperate from my other one -- i know you can add multiple addresses but I think they both go to the same place.

I also have to figure out how to put a small donation banner in the header... which shouldn't be much of a problem.

On the topic of throwing a benefit, however, I am bit concerned that before we do that there should be a redesign with content. Stickers, flyers, etc are GREAT because the more the merrier for what we have -- but when stepping out to the public as a group I'd rather see this site be a bigger resource than just message board. That way people will thing of it as more when they visit it for the first time. Just my opinion and food for thought, but if that is what you all want to do then I am totally down.

When I changed hosting companies, I lost my "test" site. I'll set that back up again soon, and maybe we can use that for anyone wanting to play around and discuss stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: jdat Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:39 am
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:
I'm all for promoting the forum in any which way possible. I'll try to get on the donation thing on monday. I wish you could create "dual" paypal accounts so that money is kept seperate from my other one -- i know you can add multiple addresses but I think they both go to the same place.

I also have to figure out how to put a small donation banner in the header... which shouldn't be much of a problem.

On the topic of throwing a benefit, however, I am bit concerned that before we do that there should be a redesign with content. Stickers, flyers, etc are GREAT because the more the merrier for what we have -- but when stepping out to the public as a group I'd rather see this site be a bigger resource than just message board. That way people will thing of it as more when they visit it for the first time. Just my opinion and food for thought, but if that is what you all want to do then I am totally down.

When I changed hosting companies, I lost my "test" site. I'll set that back up again soon, and maybe we can use that for anyone wanting to play around and discuss stuff.

In regards to this site I'm sure you may have a similar idea to what I'm about to say but here goes:
First page would have basic calendar possibly
links to the various sections obviously ( forum adresses etc )

The objective is that the first page not be the forum. That shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:02 am
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:

Are u sure Doug? I thought it was strictly by email address. If you set up another address on your server, say 'clevelandnighlifefund@poo-bas.com' or whatever, it shouldnt interfere with your 'doug@poo-bas.com' account or which ever other you use to collect payments. Am I wrong?

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:47 am
 Post Post subject:

jdat wrote:
The objective is that the first page not be the forum. That shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

A CMS would allow several different "authors" to add articles and whatnot. That's mostly what I want to see happen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:19 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:
jdat wrote:

A CMS would allow several different "authors" to add articles and whatnot. That's mostly what I want to see happen.

Articles and whatnot would be a fantastic idea, perhaps also venue/promoter guide as well with addresses and contact info.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:39 pm
 Post Post subject:

Avalon wrote:
TymezUp wrote:
jdat wrote:

Articles and whatnot would be a fantastic idea, perhaps also venue/promoter guide as well with addresses and contact info.

That has always been the long term goal. I just have been waiting to run accross something I like to use as a CMS>

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:37 pm
 Post Post subject:

Are we thinking something similar to the looks of this...
http://www.technotourist.org but less cluttered??

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:21 pm
 Post Post subject:

Well the donate button is at the top. I suck with tables and can't get it aligned, but I guess it looks ok.

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:15 am
 Post Post subject:

I donated $10 to start her off... Of course there is more funds to be contributed from me (I got a nice paypal balance due to a couple ebay sales this week.) but lets see some more people donate as well.

Come on folks this is for a good cause. Smile

Posted by: Archived Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:00 am
 Post Post subject:

bushwik wrote:
I donated $10 to start her off...

dittoooo. lets get some things moving!

Page 2 of 2