Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : The Food Court: Dining Out or In
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Phoenix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 CNL Bigmouth
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:37 am
 Post Post subject: CHIK-FIL-A is the best chicken on the planet!!!

I would destroy a small city for my Beachwood Mall CHIK-FIL-A!! Their nuggets are ammmmmmmaaaaazing!!! YUMMYCAKES!! Razz

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:57 am
 Post Post subject:

I hear they have fresh fruit as well.

I do not understand why food chains don't carry fresh fruit more often? They could make %300-400 markup on that shit and people would pay it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

CNL Bigmouth
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:02 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:

I do not understand why food chains don't carry fresh fruit more often? They could make %300-400 markup on that shit and people would pay it.

Great point! They just interviewed the chairperson of CHIK-FIL-A earlier this year. He's old school. He doesn't believe that he and any of his employees should have to work on Sunday, which is why the resteraunt is closed on those days. ...and why he believes in old fashioned lemonade and fruit. ....and probably why his chicken tastes so damn good!! meh! Razz

Posted by: Faque Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 West Sixth Stumbler
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:17 am
 Post Post subject: Don't think it's old school ...

Chik-Fil-A is closed on Sundays because the owner is a a very active member of the religious right and believes that Sunday is the Lord's day and people should not work.

Regardless of whether Chik Fil A provides good tasting/quality meat, it still contributes to the decimation of the planet through mass production chicken farms and the obvious pollution and biodestruction that takes place due to the fast food industry.

If you haven't seen "SuperSize Me" yet, it is essential-and then when you're done with that-read Fast Food Nation...

btw, the Supersize Me DVD has an extra you have to watch where food is placed in specimen jars and its decomposition is charted. You've got to see what happens to McD's fries to believe it.

Posted by: Leon Bibb Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:23 pm
 Post Post subject:

But I only crave Chik-Fil-A on Sundays. In th south they have drive throughs and serve Chicken for brefass mmmmm

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:52 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: Don't think it's old school ...

Faque wrote:
Chik-Fil-A is closed on Sundays because the owner is a a very active member of the religious right and believes that Sunday is the Lord's day and people should not work.

Regardless of whether Chik Fil A provides good tasting/quality meat, it still contributes to the decimation of the planet through mass production chicken farms and the obvious pollution and biodestruction that takes place due to the fast food industry.

If you haven't seen "SuperSize Me" yet, it is essential-and then when you're done with that-read Fast Food Nation...

btw, the Supersize Me DVD has an extra you have to watch where food is placed in specimen jars and its decomposition is charted. You've got to see what happens to McD's fries to believe it.

eh, I still don't care...I agree there food is the best. Now McDonalds on the other hand..f' em.

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:29 pm
 Post Post subject:

bacon tastes gooooood. pork chops taste goooooood...

CNL Bigmouth
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:37 am
 Post Post subject: Re: Don't think it's old school ...

Faque wrote:

Well, if the religious, conservative right is responsible for such fine chicken, then maybe they're not so bad afterall! Razz

CNL Bigmouth
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:40 am
 Post Post subject:

Leon Bibb wrote:
But I only crave Chik-Fil-A on Sundays. In th south they have drive throughs and serve Chicken for brefass mmmmm

Damn straight, Leon! Actually, that Sundays crap really pisses me off! Do you know how many times I've made the trip to Chik Fil A on Sunday, on my weekend visits to Cleveland from Chicago, and bolted through the Beachwood Mall parking lot, only to be met with the iron curtain, a la Chevy Chase, NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION?

Posted by: ChristopherReddick Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:16 pm
 Post Post subject:

TymezUp wrote:

My guess is that there is a significant cost associated with carrying truely 'fresh' food in a fast food joint. Most of that stuff shows up frozen, so.. now you'd have to have more frequent deliveries etc...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Page 1 of 1