Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Forbidden City (General Discussion)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Leon Bibb Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:01 am
 Post Post subject: Ask Leon Bibb questions

I'll do my best to answer.

Posted by: citizenj Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:09 am
 Post Post subject:

ok, maybe I'm a bit cynical, but are you REALLY Leon Bibb? It's hard to tell over the net, and I'm not trying to be rude.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:22 am
 Post Post subject:

citizenj wrote:
ok, maybe I'm a bit cynical, but are you REALLY Leon Bibb? It's hard to tell over the net, and I'm not trying to be rude.

Well of course of I'm Leon Bibb. I don't get out to often at my age. I do love music and nightlife. I live vicariously through clevelandnightlife.net

Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:51 am
 Post Post subject:

What awards have you won?

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:07 am
 Post Post subject:

Deviant wrote:
What awards have you won?

Well I am personally most proud of my Emmy

I have also in the Broadcasters Hall of Fame & The BGSU Hall of Fame

I have received various excellence in Journalism accolades.

And have received a bronzed pimp hat from Mike the Hatter for my fashion icon status in the Cleveland scene

Posted by: Chelsea Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:10 am
 Post Post subject:

observer O is located in an infinite space and is bombarded by particles (shown in blue) coming from infinity and moving along straight lines in random directions. this "rain" of particles is isotropic in its directions. at large distance from the observer there is a region of scatterers S shown in red. the region contains many scatterers of the blue particles. the scatterers are not isotropic. however, their orientation is random. can the observer O detect the presence of the region S in the space by simply observing the distribution of particles arriving at O from different directions?

note: you may assume that the scatterers are "dilute", i.e. a particle is not scattered more than once.

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:28 am
 Post Post subject:

Chelsea wrote:

observer O is located in an infinite space and is bombarded by particles (shown in blue) coming from infinity and moving along straight lines in random directions. this "rain" of particles is isotropic in its directions. at large distance from the observer there is a region of scatterers S shown in red. the region contains many scatterers of the blue particles. the scatterers are not isotropic. however, their orientation is random. can the observer O detect the presence of the region S in the space by simply observing the distribution of particles arriving at O from different directions?

note: you may assume that the scatterers are "dilute", i.e. a particle is not scattered more than once.

yeah...so...um...how about that Questlove show tonight. I heard he's got those tunes that will ease Romona Robinson's panties right off.

Posted by: citizenj Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:43 am
 Post Post subject:

and then once you figure out chelsea's question, I've got another one for you.

How the heck can we get some good press for the electronic dance music scene?

What with the negative publicity given to raves, most people automatically assume that if we like electronic music, we must be junkies or freaks or something, and dismiss us out of hand.

I'd like to know who/how to contact to drum up some good press- print, tv, web, whatever.

You don't necessarily have to respond in the forum. You could PM me or send an email. Whatever you feel is appropriate.

It just really disappoints me that all the media hands out about the edm scene is negative. I've been into the 'scene' for 7-8 years now, and true, I've met some bad people, but I've also met some of the kindest, most charitable, decent people in my life.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 pm
 Post Post subject:

citizenj wrote:
and then once you figure out chelsea's question, I've got another one for you.

How the heck can we get some good press for the electronic dance music scene?

What with the negative publicity given to raves, most people automatically assume that if we like electronic music, we must be junkies or freaks or something, and dismiss us out of hand.

I'd like to know who/how to contact to drum up some good press- print, tv, web, whatever.

You don't necessarily have to respond in the forum. You could PM me or send an email. Whatever you feel is appropriate.

It just really disappoints me that all the media hands out about the edm scene is negative. I've been into the 'scene' for 7-8 years now, and true, I've met some bad people, but I've also met some of the kindest, most charitable, decent people in my life.

First off press for the EDM scene is hard to come by. It is not mainstream and the majority of people are to put it mildly aren't inerested. This is why MTV plays 50 cent and The Killers. It is the music that the masses requests. In terms of negative exposure, considering we already discussed that it's not something "the masses" so much are interested in learning about its the stories of dismay that sell ad space. And the media is a business. If Mayor Campbell made improvements on the schools and was able to build a new playground with funds that didn't cost the tax payers a dime or had a high percentage of college graduates from Cleveland public schools it would not make headline news because the masses want to know about The Superintendent that embezzled city funds. Or about the girl that was raped at Spy nightclub.

Posted by: >infraction< Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:12 pm
 Post Post subject:

why the giving in to sensationalism to get ratings?

yeah its a big shock that a girl may or may not have been raped at a nightclub in a decaying city, but why not make a point to mention that thousands of other patrons go to these clubs every weekend and have a good time...perhaps even reviewing these other places?

instead the news focuses on the negative, singled-out events that give people the wrong impression of an area/city/establishment/culture or whatever.

if there was one thing i wish the news would do, it would be to analyze the possible causes for an incident and propose ways to prevent it from happening again or prevent it from happening in the first place.

then take it one step further and work with local communities to see how they will prevent negative acts from happening and follow-up on their progress.

if you are the Leon i see at 5 on 5, your history and your angle is one of the few in this city that might be able to pull this concept together. as an award winning journalist, your skills should be used to help open the eyes of our community to respond to the news and not just react to it.

my earth, my heaven, my heart, my pain

Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:37 am
 Post Post subject:

>infraction< wrote:
why the giving in to sensationalism to get ratings?

yeah its a big shock that a girl may or may not have been raped at a nightclub in a decaying city, but why not make a point to mention that thousands of other patrons go to these clubs every weekend and have a good time...perhaps even reviewing these other places?

instead the news focuses on the negative, singled-out events that give people the wrong impression of an area/city/establishment/culture or whatever.

if there was one thing i wish the news would do, it would be to analyze the possible causes for an incident and propose ways to prevent it from happening again or prevent it from happening in the first place.

then take it one step further and work with local communities to see how they will prevent negative acts from happening and follow-up on their progress.

if you are the Leon i see at 5 on 5, your history and your angle is one of the few in this city that might be able to pull this concept together. as an award winning journalist, your skills should be used to help open the eyes of our community to respond to the news and not just react to it.

People aren't interested in watching a 30 minute segment of Del's Folks everyweek. The masses want drama to comfort their live situations and make their problems look small. This is the main reason people turn to the news everyday at 5pm, more so even then to check the weather or sports scores

Page 1 of 1