Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : DJs, Producers, Promoters, Music Discussion Forum
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:29 pm
 Post Post subject: WHY I HATE PEOPLE.

So I'm in the store checking in records. This kid is in going through hard house, trance, and breaks (go figure) and happens to spy the latest issue of ATM Magazine. On the cover of ATM magazine this month is PENDULUM. I'd post a picture of the cover, but I can't find one.

So this kid proceeds to tell me how he saw them open for Crystal Method at the house of blues last week. I told him "No, that's pendulum - Evil Nine opened for TCM". He said, "But those are the people that opened". I proceded to find a picture of evil nine to compare with Pendulum. He *STILL* argued with me and it turned into a shouting match. I found another picture of pendulum, that was not posed for the cover, and he saw that he was wrong.

Now what is wrong with people that A) He just didn't believe me and wanted to argue with me about it. B) He treated me like an asshole because I was right. C) He couldn't accept the FACT that EVIL NINE OPENED

Now likely, this ended up pissing the kid off and he'll end up shit talking and whatnot. Then he will tell one person, and it turns into something else, and then into something else. It's fucked up when this is a kid who likely goes out, has fun, and dances all night. Is this something that is indicative of NE Ohio where people can just go making up whatever they want and expect people to believe them?

And people wonder we don't go anywhere or progress. I know he's just one person --- but there are so many JUST LIKE HIM who think and act the same way. If we are to progress, it is this kind of stuff that needs come to and end.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:33 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: WHY I HATE PEOPLE.

TymezUp wrote:
So I'm in the store checking in records. This kid is in going through hard house, trance, and breaks (go figure) and happens to spy the latest issue of ATM Magazine. On the cover of ATM magazine this month is PENDULUM. I'd post a picture of the cover, but I can't find one.

So this kid proceeds to tell me how he saw them open for Crystal Method at the house of blues last week. I told him "No, that's pendulum - Evil Nine opened for TCM". He said, "But those are the people that opened". I proceded to find a picture of evil nine to compare with Pendulum. He *STILL* argued with me and it turned into a shouting match. I found another picture of pendulum, that was not posed for the cover, and he saw that he was wrong.

Now what is wrong with people that A) He just didn't believe me and wanted to argue with me about it. B) He treated me like an asshole because I was right. C) He couldn't accept the FACT that EVIL NINE OPENED

Now likely, this ended up pissing the kid off and he'll end up shit talking and whatnot. Then he will tell one person, and it turns into something else, and then into something else. It's fucked up when this is a kid who likely goes out, has fun, and dances all night. Is this something that is indicative of NE Ohio where people can just go making up whatever they want and expect people to believe them?

And people wonder we don't go anywhere or progress. I know he's just one person --- but there are so many JUST LIKE HIM who think and act the same way. If we are to progress, it is this kind of stuff that needs come to and end.

Ha...Fool... Laughing

Well...there all white guys.... (plus one idiot kid)

Shit! theres 2 in one group and 3 in the other....damn it!! There different. (idiot kid loses)

Last edited by bushwik on Tue May 10, 2005 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:33 pm
 Post Post subject:

Calm down, Doug. I'm sorry I yelled at you like that.

You didn't have to tell everyone about it, though.

:wink:

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:34 pm
 Post Post subject:

pendulum cover

evil nine

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:35 pm
 Post Post subject:

oh, those hard house djs... Laughing

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:21 pm
 Post Post subject:

I forgot the part that got me pissed off the most...

"I was there and I saw them with my own eyes, and I know what I saw and it was them (pendulum) on stage before crystal method. How could you possibly know when you weren't there?"

My response was "are you a complete idiot"?

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:44 pm
 Post Post subject:

! Most people who THINK they know, especially in this city, can NOT be told anything otherwise! Sometimes its hard but you should have just been like Rolling Eyes and asked if he wanted some Pendulum records...I'm sorry discs cause he obviously hasn't been spinning in his bedroom that long!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:03 pm
 Post Post subject:

I opened up for the Crystal Method Who the fuck are these evil pendulum people? that was me and my clone. Of course my clone's addicted to heroin now so he doesn't much look like me any more.

Posted by: michael.c Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 West Sixth Stumbler
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:57 pm
 Post Post subject: I laugh only because I know it to be so true

Unfortunately, you get people like that anywhere you go - not just NE Ohio and in particular Cleveland - hell I run into those peeps all the time down in Sunny MIA. Just one of those things you have to deal with - ignorant people - if you chose to leave your home. Hopefully, this young chap is more the wiser now, I remember once hearing this old saying "Tis better to appear the fool, then to open your mouth and prove it." or something like that. There are a lot of people that could benefit from this.

That's my 2 cents.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

I<3CNL
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:33 am
 Post Post subject:

It often shows a fine command of language to say nothing at all.

I've learned that lesson time and again.

Right, people? Can I get an amen? Can I get a witness? :wink:

-----------------

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:11 am
 Post Post subject:

Real intelligence is comprised not only of what you do know, but an understanding of how much you do not know. Lots of people seem to miss the second part .

Posted by: Suburban Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:20 am
 Post Post subject:

am i in a chinese restaurant? what's with all of the fortune cookie talk here? =P

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:34 am
 Post Post subject:

Suburban wrote:
am i in a chinese restaurant? what's with all of the fortune cookie talk here? =P

shut up and eat your dumplings! Razz

I<3CNL
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:49 am
 Post Post subject:

Suburban wrote:

Didn't you know? Jamie and I just started new jobs as fortune cookie message writers.

"You are going to have a pleasant experience. Lucky numbers: 3 - 12 - 24 - 36 - 8,922 - n^8-x - a zillion and one"

Posted by: >infraction< Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:51 pm
 Post Post subject:

2 ppl = 3 ppl

did you happen to add the possible "burn-out" factor?

my earth, my heaven, my heart, my pain

Posted by: pepper spray Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Grammar Nazi
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:20 pm

TymezUp wrote:
Is this something that is indicative of NE Ohio where people can just go making up whatever they want and expect people to believe them?

I do that all the time. Though I did notice that it didn't fly as well in Miami. lol

Posted by: Hoppa Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:54 pm
 Post Post subject:

well said Doug,,things always seem to get worse,,before they get better,,their iz hardly any respect in our culture anymore,,4 that matter,,this bedroom dj knows first hand,,so let them all put their foot in their mouths,,in this city too the next Exclamation :arrow: Idea Headache Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:11 pm

BreaksOwnYou wrote:
TymezUp wrote:
Is this something that is indicative of NE Ohio where people can just go making up whatever they want and expect people to believe them?

I do that all the time. Though I did notice that it didn't fly as well in Miami. lol

I've noticing your B/S in action...quite amusing if I do say so myself!
:wink:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 1