Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: tofu Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Yeah, I go out some.
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:13 pm
 Post Post subject: UnSilent Film 4

trying something a little different this time -- In the spirit of Cinco de Mayo, SynthCleveland will present the 1971 classic Mexican Wrestling/Horror film "Santo vs, Frankenstein's Daughter" featuring a new live improvised soundtrack on Wednesday, May 4 at 8pm, at Rain Nightclub, 4142 Lorain Avenue in Cleveland.

Yeah, I go out some.
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:47 pm
 Post Post subject:

here's more info on the show...

In the spirit of Cinco de Mayo, SynthCleveland will present the 1971 classic Mexican Wrestling/Horror film "Santo vs. Frankenstein's Daughter" featuring a new live improvised soundtrack on Wednesday, May 4 at 8pm, at Rain Nightclub, 4142 Lorain Avenue in Cleveland.

This is the fourth in a series of "UnSilent" films -- old movies with an added improvised live score -- performed this time by SynthCleveland members dust_head, tofu, fluxmonkey, inovercy, and 20goto10.

Santo (a.k.a. Rodolfo Guzman Huerta), stars as the silver-masked luchador, battling Dr. Freda Frankenstein (Gina Roman), resplendent in go-go boots, as she continues in the family line of work -- making monsters, while also developing a youth serum. Looking to upgrade the formula, she needs the blood of the eternally young Santo and kidnaps Santo's girlfriend Norma (watch out for that bullet-bra!) to be used as bait. Once lured into Dr. Frankenstein's "Straight Outta Batman" lair, Santo must defeat not one, but two monsters -- the half-man, half-ape "Truxon," and fresh off the Doctor's slab, the familiar looking square headed monster called "Ursus."

This film is quintessential Santo -- allowing the smooth wrestling crimefighter (who never takes off his mask on-screen) to work his magic with the ladies and the monsters.

Spinning before and after the film will be special guest DJ Feima from WCSB's "F2" show.

SynthCleveland is a resource group for area electronic musicians holding meetings and presenting workshops related to electronic music.

Rain Nightclub is located at 4142 Lorain Avenue (216-651-4100). Admission (21+) is Free.

Yeah, I go out some.
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:44 pm
 Post Post subject:

because apparently, I have too much free time on my hands... the UnSilent banner ad Wink

Yeah, I go out some.
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:12 am
 Post Post subject: gearspotting

here's a quick look at some of the gear that'll be on stage Wednesday

starting with the two new players:

Matthew/20goto10: Korg MS-10, Moog Rogue, Etherwave Theramin, Roland SPD-S

Patrick/Inovecy: Yamaha SY77

tofu: Roland D-550, U-220, the ever-present circuit bent SK-1. New this time out: the Roland GR-300 Guitar Synth, Korg EA-1

fluxmonkey: it's just better to include the photo Wink

dust_head: Korg MS2000

Page 1 of 1