Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Forbidden City (General Discussion)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: curved.space.labs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:02 am
 Post Post subject: what's up

what's happenin' everyone...just wanted to introduce myself to the board...name is DJ Ik...

Just moved back here after 8 years in NYC. Been djing for that long and writing and producing music for about 20 years....starting up an electronic label this year:: Curved Space Labs Records. Not genre specific, all though there most likely is going to be a drumnbass sublabel.

Nice to see people into electronic in general, whatever it may be, cuz when i left here, there wasnt even a scene to speak of, except for raves...!

So, yeah...what's up?!?!

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:21 am
 Post Post subject:

Hello & welcome!!! When did you leave exactly, cause there has been a scene here for quite sometime but the difference is that the 216 massive is a lot more organized as far as knowing who's who than back in the day! Anyways, come to some of the events when you get a chance and introduce yourself to some of us scensters! As cynical as we can be at times, we always get hope when meeting new or reintroducing people back into this collective!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: Naps Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mix Librarian
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:45 am
 Post Post subject:

Welcome to Cleveland!! Glad to have another head! Cool

Posted by: Suburban Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:03 am
 Post Post subject:

yes. welcome to cleveland : )

i hope you like your mixes served with drama =P

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: curved.space.labs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:27 pm
 Post Post subject:

hey guys (and gals) Cool

stoutxtc wrote:
Hello & welcome!!! When did you leave exactly, cause there has been a scene here for quite sometime!

i left in 98. There just weren't enough people into electronic, outside of industrial/goth/ebm type shit. I mean, I remember people going to shows for national acts, like Meat Beat Manifesto or the Orb or whatever, but as far as weeklies or monthlies, there was nothing. Outdoor events were it, which half the people are there for the drugs anyways....it just sucked. But since i've been back, it seems to have progressed... Drum Riot being a prime example. A dnb weekly in Cleveland is awesome. Of course, we could do even more :wink: we need to bring back techno next. real techno!!! Space Djz are in nyc tonite - Crying or Very sad

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:43 pm
 Post Post subject:

curved.space.labs wrote:
hey guys (and gals) Cool

stoutxtc wrote:
Hello & welcome!!! When did you leave exactly, cause there has been a scene here for quite sometime!

i left in 98. There just weren't enough people into electronic, outside of industrial/goth/ebm type shit. I mean, I remember people going to shows for national acts, like Meat Beat Manifesto or the Orb or whatever, but as far as weeklies or monthlies, there was nothing. Outdoor events were it, which half the people are there for the drugs anyways....it just sucked. But since i've been back, it seems to have progressed... Drum Riot being a prime example. A dnb weekly in Cleveland is awesome. Of course, we could do even more :wink: we need to bring back techno next. real techno!!! Space Djz are in nyc tonite - Crying or Very sad

Yeah....the scene was fading big time around then ever since the aummer of 96 til 99 and then this city has been experiencing peaks and valleys! I'm happy to say though that right now is probably the most untified that I can at least remember in a long time!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:48 pm
 Post Post subject:

Amen to the bringing back real techno...There are only a few of us that play techno out on anything resembling a normal basis but we're trying. Keep you eyes open for Plate Tectonics events...we're focusing on techno and as far as I know we're the only ones in cleveland currently doing so.

Page 1 of 1