Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic MILES MAEDA :: SATURDAY, APRIL 16 :: Wish Nightclub
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:45 pm
 Post Post subject:

Look 4 me to have a few copies of Live @Sound Design to give out!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: Touch Supper Club Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:49 pm
 Post Post subject:

Personal invitation to everyone from Miles:

Friends,

You are invited to join me this Saturday for a special yoga class in Cleveland at Fitworks - Rocky River. It will be an introduction to Kundalini Yoga, a style of Hatha Yoga which incorporates breath work with postures to detoxify the body, strengthen the nervous system, heal the organs and tissues, and balance the glandular systems. It is a comprehensive practice which also develops concentration and will power, and helps to change unconscious habit patterns.

This class is perfect for beginning and experienced students alike. Bring comfortable clothing that allows for ease of movement. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime. I look forward to practicing with you.

miles maeda

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

an Introduction to Kundalini Yoga
at Fitworks - Rocky River
19607 Detroit Rd., Rocky River OH
ph. (440) 333-4141

with Miles Maeda of World Evolution®
(a non-profit 501c3 community service organization)

Saturday
April 16, 2005
6:00–7:30pm
Donations are appreciated and will go towards the yoga school.

These are introductory classes to our Rudra Yoga program which is a comprehensive approach to spiritual and worldly advancement through mastery of the self. It is a practice session as well as an exploration of the ancient sciences evolving in our modern age. We will be sharing throughout the year different teachings and components of movement, sound, and contemplation.
These practices and teachings are being offered to assist one in discovering a real and personal connection to the work of unifying the mental, emotional, moving and spiritual parts of one's being. Please e-mail us at tls@worldevolution.net to be on our mailing list, if you're not already, for upcoming classes.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Upcoming Rudra Yoga intensives in East San Diego County at Liberty Advance www.libertyadvance.org:

Apr. 19 - Apr. 24 Hatha I Intensive
Apr. 29 - May 1 Women's Weekend
May 14 - May 20 RY 7: The Heart of the Beloved
Jun. 5 - Jun. 10 Yogic Healing & Detox Intensive
Sep. 3 - Sep. 9 RY 8: Internal Martial Arts & Stilling the Mind
Oct. 28 - Oct. 30 Women's Weekend
Nov. 13 - Nov. 18 Hatha Yoga II Intensive
Dec. 27 - Jan. 1 RY 9: Complete Your Karma/Transmission of Enlightened States

About the instructor
Miles Maeda is renowned for his creative work as a musician and DJ. In 1993 he turned to yoga and meditation to learn about health and wellness, to deepen a connection with his creative work, as well as train in the disciplines of the esoteric arts. He finished this formal training with his teacher Murshida Rudi Moumanie Kadre in 1998, completing the 2 1/2-year comprehesive course in Hatha, Kundalini, Tao & Tibetan yogas and the paths of Tantra and Sufism (www.libertyadvance.org). He then began performing and teaching around the world under the guidance of his primary teacher Mursshud Van Merlin (www.mursshud.org) creating The Traveling Love Show and DJ Evolution projects.

About World Evolution®
World Evolution® is a non-profit 501c3 corporation dedicated to the awakening of human consciousness through esoteric practice and study, creative arts and community development. It was founded in 1974 in Boulder, Colorado and now includes centers in San Diego and East San Diego County, Long Beach and Berkeley.

dine::::::drink::::::dance::::::connect

Online Supper Reservations Here

Cleveland: Pay for what you get.

Posted by: Touch Supper Club Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:28 am
 Post Post subject:

Cleveland Scene article:

http://music.clevescene.com/issues/2005-04-13/music/scout2.html

dine::::::drink::::::dance::::::connect

Online Supper Reservations Here

Cleveland: Pay for what you get.

Posted by: Justin Hartman Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Hot Tub Beer Golf Champion
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:11 pm
 Post Post subject:

Wish Nightclub wrote:
Personal invitation to everyone from Miles:

Friends,

You are invited to join me this Saturday for a special yoga class in Cleveland at Fitworks - Rocky River. It will be an introduction to Kundalini Yoga, a style of Hatha Yoga which incorporates breath work with postures to detoxify the body, strengthen the nervous system, heal the organs and tissues, and balance the glandular systems. It is a comprehensive practice which also develops concentration and will power, and helps to change unconscious habit patterns.

This class is perfect for beginning and experienced students alike. Bring comfortable clothing that allows for ease of movement. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime. I look forward to practicing with you.

miles maeda

an Introduction to Kundalini Yoga
at Fitworks - Rocky River
19607 Detroit Rd., Rocky River OH
ph. (440) 333-4141

with Miles Maeda of World Evolution®
(a non-profit 501c3 community service organization)

Saturday
April 16, 2005
6:00–7:30pm
Donations are appreciated and will go towards the yoga school.

These are introductory classes to our Rudra Yoga program which is a comprehensive approach to spiritual and worldly advancement through mastery of the self. It is a practice session as well as an exploration of the ancient sciences evolving in our modern age. We will be sharing throughout the year different teachings and components of movement, sound, and contemplation.
These practices and teachings are being offered to assist one in discovering a real and personal connection to the work of unifying the mental, emotional, moving and spiritual parts of one's being. Please e-mail us at tls@worldevolution.net to be on our mailing list, if you're not already, for upcoming classes.

Upcoming Rudra Yoga intensives in East San Diego County at Liberty Advance www.libertyadvance.org:

Apr. 19 - Apr. 24 Hatha I Intensive
Apr. 29 - May 1 Women's Weekend
May 14 - May 20 RY 7: The Heart of the Beloved
Jun. 5 - Jun. 10 Yogic Healing & Detox Intensive
Sep. 3 - Sep. 9 RY 8: Internal Martial Arts & Stilling the Mind
Oct. 28 - Oct. 30 Women's Weekend
Nov. 13 - Nov. 18 Hatha Yoga II Intensive
Dec. 27 - Jan. 1 RY 9: Complete Your Karma/Transmission of Enlightened States

About the instructor
Miles Maeda is renowned for his creative work as a musician and DJ. In 1993 he turned to yoga and meditation to learn about health and wellness, to deepen a connection with his creative work, as well as train in the disciplines of the esoteric arts. He finished this formal training with his teacher Murshida Rudi Moumanie Kadre in 1998, completing the 2 1/2-year comprehesive course in Hatha, Kundalini, Tao & Tibetan yogas and the paths of Tantra and Sufism (www.libertyadvance.org). He then began performing and teaching around the world under the guidance of his primary teacher Mursshud Van Merlin (www.mursshud.org) creating The Traveling Love Show and DJ Evolution projects.

About World Evolution®
World Evolution® is a non-profit 501c3 corporation dedicated to the awakening of human consciousness through esoteric practice and study, creative arts and community development. It was founded in 1974 in Boulder, Colorado and now includes centers in San Diego and East San Diego County, Long Beach and Berkeley.

That some funny shit. Laughing

Posted by: jaxxist Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:11 am
 Post Post subject:

I wanna go to both the yoga and after....unfortunately I am drunk enough to have just made a hotel res. in Cleveland for the wrong night. Crying or Very sad

Posted by: Naps Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mix Librarian
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:15 am
 Post Post subject:

What you can't move the rez. a night. Damn Nazi hotels!! Rolling Eyes

Hope to see some people tonight, it's a beautiful day out!

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:48 pm
 Post Post subject:

Ahhhh what a night! Miles had a great time and was definitely rippin it up! I was happy to see some folks come through that I didn't think was going to make it! Please forgive my drunken babbling towards the end of the night, but it's been a reeeeallllllyyyy long week!
Cool

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: Archived Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:53 pm
 Post Post subject:

Miles made it an overall great day. Definitely one of the best nights I've had recently.. beautiful chicago tech house. Bigga ups!

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:15 am
 Post Post subject:

THAT was a fantastic evening.

Posted by: Phoenix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 CNL Bigmouth
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:42 am
 Post Post subject:

DJ Dwreck wrote:
THAT was a fantastic evening.

Wow, did I really have a great time! ...even though I was a Johnny-come-lately. (I got held up by some supercute Polish girl at another dig. Sorry, but the last time I've seen a Polish girl, was in Chicago, were there are more Poles than Warsaw residents). Razz

Miles tore it up! The last couple of hours was orgasmic! He has such a cool energy and vibe, it's just relaxing to be in his presence. It resinates. I really have to check out some of that Yoga!

Mix Librarian
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:34 am
 Post Post subject:

Man, the last part of his set was great. I was impressed at his mixer skills fo' shizzel. Doubles all over the place and he was ridding out mixes for ever pulling in vocals back and forth. Wasn't expecting that at all, and him to go until a little after 4am, and seeing Metz and Angela "prancing". Funny sh*t!! That was a really fun night, thanks to everyone who made it out and Robert for hooking it all up! HOUSE 4 EVER Exclamation

Posted by: Metz Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:25 am
 Post Post subject:

naps wrote:
...and seeing Metz and Angela "prancing". Funny sh*t!!

It's called WALKING, not prancing. I don't do that. Laughing

Posted by: ramzi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:21 pm
 Post Post subject:

Back to the topic of lyrics...

One track that Miles Maeda played had the chorus of "lonely people." While it was playing he was watching the dance floor.

Just makes me think about artists and what messages they place in their slice of my time.

So then I ask myself...Is he saying I am lonely? Is he lonely? Who is lonely? You might say it is just a lyric and might not mean anything but then I would answer this is purposeless so why bother.

I was at Spaces Gallery the night before at the politiks show...They had stronger messages though some were less than clear...

Ramzi

I<3CNL
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:41 pm
 Post Post subject:

Hello, Ramzi?! Dude, that's ONE song. There are lonely people in the world. This is a fact. Otherwise, these 1-900-f***-me numbers wouldn't be as lucrative as they are.
Maybe Miles was lonely. He was away from the city where he lives and his friends and family are. Maybe it has some special connection to his own life or a time in his life when he heard that track. Maybe someone in the crowd looked lonely. Maybe he just likes the beat. Maybe it was dark up there in the DJ booth and he thought it was a different track. I'm sure it wasn't just thrown out there arbitrarily like you suggested.

Oh, and Jassen... don't take this post seriously or personally...I think my yoga wore off, though. Sorry, buddy. :wink:

Trainspotter
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:52 am
 Post Post subject:

DJ Dwreck wrote:
I'm sure it wasn't just thrown out there arbitrarily like you suggested.

Exactly! Although you can't look through my eyes to appreciate the moment that I am writing about...My belief is that the record was a message to the audience - and not a very positive one...Also, not much merit in voicing a problem without some guess at a solution.

Ramzi

Mix Librarian
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:29 am
 Post Post subject:

Miles got some crowd interaction the last hour or so of his set...I guess he might have been a little lonely for a bit up there, but the late night part of his set got fun! I know what you are saying though. What time did you leave Ramzi, I saw you standing by the bar for a bit but didn't get a chance to say hi.

I<3CNL
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:52 pm
 Post Post subject:

ramzi wrote:
DJ Dwreck wrote:
I'm sure it wasn't just thrown out there arbitrarily like you suggested.

Exactly! Although you can't look through my eyes to appreciate the moment that I am writing about...My belief is that the record was a message to the audience - and not a very positive one...Also, not much merit in voicing a problem without some guess at a solution.

Ramzi

Oh, Ramzi. You're completely entitled to your opinion... but what you just did amounts to a fundamentalist picking out ONE line of the Bible and using it to generalize an entire entity. Step back and look at his entire set.

Sorry, but that whole narrow-focus thing is one of my biggest pet peeves and you triggered it.

Trainspotter
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:31 pm
 Post Post subject:

DJ Dwreck wrote:
but what you just did amounts to a fundamentalist picking out ONE line of the Bible and using it to generalize an entire entity

And you did the same...Taking my statement about a specific situation and allowing it to trigger your pet peeves (which carry the weight of your life).

That aside...

In recent history...Miles Maeda's only time behind the turntables in Cleveland was last weekend. I raised the question because it is curious what people do with their slice of our time.

I'll go a step further and say that I believe he carefully chose all the records in his bin and all purposefully spun all his records that night. I mean he is a world-class dj after all!

So if he did choose to play that record, then why???

The answer of it "sound cool" is just not enough for me - too disposable...

Ramzi

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:46 pm
 Post Post subject:

A house dj usually tells a story with each track. To know what he meant you'd have to let me know what he played before and after.

Lonely People -- was it a coldcut bootleg? Because bootlegs of classic tracks or even just classic tracks thrown in negate the "story".

Lonely people could have meant a lot of things in contex. He might have been saying "lonely people i feel ya... now come to me".

One thing for sure was when he dropped "give it to me baby" early in his set there was UNMISTAKEABLE agony in his face that said loud and clear "ugh.. why am i here" as he surveyed the room and saw a bunch of people standing around and watching (hey... i'm just as guility) and a bachlorette party getting down. Big ups to d-wreck for being the only one on the floor during that time who was showing his appreciation by dancing (soditch was ralleying troops to be moving on the floor as well).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: validation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 "The Situation"
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:49 pm
 Post Post subject:

i think when there is a light turnout the dj should play in the basement . . . so the heads can unite and get get down.

Page 2 of 3