Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:19 pm
 Post Post subject: Renaissance: Seaman & Chable | April 10 | NYC

Thomar, I want the full report -- better yet, a preview of the CDs would be nice :wink: Laughing

Renaissance brings their unique brand of UK clubbing to Cielo as they proudly present the launch of a brand new NYC residency. Their last party at Cielo featured Sasha & John Digweed for an intimate night at Cielo last November 2004 and this month's launch party continues to raise the bar with an intimate night with Dave Seaman & Australian newcomer Luke Chable on his US debut! Both Dave & Luke are currently on tour in support of their new 2 disc compilation on Renaissance - The Therapy Sessions Volume 2.

RENAISSANCE Presents DAVE SEAMAN & LUKE CHABLE
The Therapy Sessions Volume 2
North American Tour Dates

RENAISSANCE & DAVE SEAMAN return with another installment of The Therapy Sessions. This year budding Australian DJ/producer LUKE CHABLE handles the guest disc honors with a tough, breaks-fuelled extravaganza that draws heavily on his fellow Melbourne compatriots, alongside some of his own acclaimed tracks and remixes. Dave’s disc takes him in a new distinct new musical direction. Taking cue from his Group Therapy moniker – featured here with an exclusive reprise and remix of new wave stars Tears For Fears ‘Closest Thing to Heaven’ – Dave drops a fresh-faced blend of electro-tinged funk with rock elements that will take your breath away.

RENAISSANCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

30 March VICTORIA, CANADA @ Deep (Dave only)
31 March VANCOUVER, CANADA @ Atlantis (Dave only)
1 April SEATTLE @ Element (Dave only)
2 April PORTLAND @ Level (Dave only)
6 April LOS ANGELES @ The Mayan (Dave & Luke)
8 April SAN FRANCISCO @ Ruby Sky (Dave &Luke)
9 April ATLANTA @ Eleven 50 (Dave & Luke)
10 April NEW YORK @ Cielo – Renaissance Residency (Dave & Luke)
15 April CHICAGO @ Sound Bar (Dave & Luke)
16 April TORONTO @ Koolhaus (Dave & Luke)

DAVE SEAMAN has been one of the world’s leading DJs for the past decade. Be it landmark residencies at Shelleys, remixing some of the biggest and best names in music - Kylie, Sting, Placebo or Billy Ray Martin are just the tip of the iceberg, or cranking out his own material under the guises of Brothers in Rhythm, Dave Seaman or Audio Therapy. Dave Seaman is one of the most prolific men in dance. More recently he has been using his landed status to break new talent via his own compilation series, ‘Therapy Sessions’, a unique concept in which Dave goes disc to disc with the best emerging talent the world has to offer. Phil K took up the tandem reigns for the first volume, while Volume 2 highlights the talented Luke Chable. As if that weren’t enough, his Therapy umbrella extends further still to incorporate an esteemed repertoire label. JunkieXL, Habersham, Stel & Goodnewz and the inimitable Infusion have all been featured to critical acclaim under Dave’s watchful A&R. Despite this prolific life-style beyonthe decks, Dave is never too far from a dance floor where he is most at home, testing material for the label and dropping bombs in his own inimitable style.

Since the widely acknowledged promise of ‘Accelerator’, his prodigious debut release at the age of 19, LUKE CHABLE has remained true, landing some of the finest moments in the progressive / breaks genre. His discography reads with recognition, tracks you can actually recall without having to get your resident DJ to hum to you. The most notable recent example, ‘Ride’, co-penned with Bonicci, is about to be re-released on Alternative Route with a heavily supported King Unique remix. First time round it garnered the ‘Essential New Tune’ from Pete Tong and was picked up for Sander Kleinenberg’s ‘Everybody’ compilation also on Renaissance. Other recent tracks of distinction include LoStep - ‘Burma’, his Global Underground signed project with Phil K, which Sasha re-worked for his ‘Involver’ album, and Nubreed’s[/i] ‘One Day’[/i], featuring the combined talents of all three Melbournites. Beyond his immediate peer group, Luke has also collaborated with James Holden, PQM, Cass and Austin Leeds; released on Yoshitoshi, Bedrock and Positiva and remixed Bjork, Crystal Method, Gus Gus and Sasha. The mutual appreciation with Sasha extends further still from early 2004 when Sasha delivered a 30-minute radio mix almost entirely comprised of Chable remix and productions, verbally justifying his tracklist by way of a compliment to the quality of Luke’s recent work - high praise indeed. Little wonder his DJing is now in such demand, a trend that looks set to continue with a worldwide tour over the coming months. All this and only 25 years old, Luke Chable is one of the most exciting new DJs on the planet. Jump inside and find out why.

(Thrive)

CD One – Dave Seaman

1. “Little Soul” - Stel & Good Newz
2.“You Won’t Bother Me” (20/20 Mix) – Da Glass
3.“Silicone Soul” – Les Nocturnes
4.“Drifting Out Of Sight” (FC Kahuna Mix) - Mellow
5.“Come With Me” – Holden & Thompson
6.“Diamond Dust” (Rabbit in the Moon’s Harry Cane Remix) - DJ 19 vs Austin Leeds
7.“New Day” (Killahurtz Mix) - Tilt
8.“To The Moon” – Tonedepth feat. Matt Shapiro
9.“Closest Thing to Heaven” (Brothers In Rhythm Group Therapy Remix) – Tears For Fears
10.“Finding Time” (Killahurtz Mix) - Stel Feat. John Elliott
11.“In My Heart” (Original Instrumental) - Ethan
12.“Little Soul” (Group Therapy Reprise) - Stel & Good Newz

CD Two – Luke Chable

1.“Skin Up” – Andy Page
2.“Fragile” – Rene Amesz
3.“Little Snitch” – Dan Mangan
4.“2Kool4Skool” - Uberzone
5.“Moondusted” - Uberzone
6.“Return To Saturn” – Danni Bonnici
7.“Parallel Realities” (Habersham’s Git Er Dun Mix) – Kling & Charles
8.“Pickadollen” – Thunderpants
9.“Discobreak” – Nikola Gala
10.“Cruel Summer” (Mannel Dub) - Mannel
11.“Tokyo” (Luke Chable Mix) – Chable & Dirty Fours
12.“Bloc Rock” – Luke Fair
13.“Skyline Road” - Chable

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:47 pm
 Post Post subject:

i want to check out 'the mayan' sometime. venue looks dope as all get ahht.

Posted by: agent Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:03 pm
 Post Post subject:

SweeeeeeeT!!!!! Very Happy

Posted by: thomar Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:14 am
 Post Post subject: Re: Renaissance: Seaman & Chable | April 10 | NYC

headrushmusic wrote:
Thomar, I want the full report -- better yet, a preview of the CDs would be nice :wink: Laughing

Renaissance brings their unique brand of UK clubbing to Cielo as they proudly present the launch of a brand new NYC residency. Their last party at Cielo featured Sasha & John Digweed for an intimate night at Cielo last November 2004 and this month's launch party continues to raise the bar with an intimate night with Dave Seaman & Australian newcomer Luke Chable on his US debut! Both Dave & Luke are currently on tour in support of their new 2 disc compilation on Renaissance - The Therapy Sessions Volume 2.

North American Tour Dates

RENAISSANCE & DAVE SEAMAN return with another installment of The Therapy Sessions. This year budding Australian DJ/producer LUKE CHABLE handles the guest disc honors with a tough, breaks-fuelled extravaganza that draws heavily on his fellow Melbourne compatriots, alongside some of his own acclaimed tracks and remixes. Dave’s disc takes him in a new distinct new musical direction. Taking cue from his Group Therapy moniker – featured here with an exclusive reprise and remix of new wave stars Tears For Fears ‘Closest Thing to Heaven’ – Dave drops a fresh-faced blend of electro-tinged funk with rock elements that will take your breath away.

RENAISSANCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

30 March VICTORIA, CANADA @ Deep (Dave only)
31 March VANCOUVER, CANADA @ Atlantis (Dave only)
1 April SEATTLE @ Element (Dave only)
2 April PORTLAND @ Level (Dave only)
6 April LOS ANGELES @ The Mayan (Dave & Luke)
8 April SAN FRANCISCO @ Ruby Sky (Dave &Luke)
9 April ATLANTA @ Eleven 50 (Dave & Luke)
10 April NEW YORK @ Cielo – Renaissance Residency (Dave & Luke)
15 April CHICAGO @ Sound Bar (Dave & Luke)
16 April TORONTO @ Koolhaus (Dave & Luke)

DAVE SEAMAN has been one of the world’s leading DJs for the past decade. Be it landmark residencies at Shelleys, remixing some of the biggest and best names in music - Kylie, Sting, Placebo or Billy Ray Martin are just the tip of the iceberg, or cranking out his own material under the guises of Brothers in Rhythm, Dave Seaman or Audio Therapy. Dave Seaman is one of the most prolific men in dance. More recently he has been using his landed status to break new talent via his own compilation series, ‘Therapy Sessions’, a unique concept in which Dave goes disc to disc with the best emerging talent the world has to offer. Phil K took up the tandem reigns for the first volume, while Volume 2 highlights the talented Luke Chable. As if that weren’t enough, his Therapy umbrella extends further still to incorporate an esteemed repertoire label. JunkieXL, Habersham, Stel & Goodnewz and the inimitable Infusion have all been featured to critical acclaim under Dave’s watchful A&R. Despite this prolific life-style beyonthe decks, Dave is never too far from a dance floor where he is most at home, testing material for the label and dropping bombs in his own inimitable style.

Since the widely acknowledged promise of ‘Accelerator’, his prodigious debut release at the age of 19, LUKE CHABLE has remained true, landing some of the finest moments in the progressive / breaks genre. His discography reads with recognition, tracks you can actually recall without having to get your resident DJ to hum to you. The most notable recent example, ‘Ride’, co-penned with Bonicci, is about to be re-released on Alternative Route with a heavily supported King Unique remix. First time round it garnered the ‘Essential New Tune’ from Pete Tong and was picked up for Sander Kleinenberg’s ‘Everybody’ compilation also on Renaissance. Other recent tracks of distinction include LoStep - ‘Burma’, his Global Underground signed project with Phil K, which Sasha re-worked for his ‘Involver’ album, and Nubreed’s[/i] ‘One Day’[/i], featuring the combined talents of all three Melbournites. Beyond his immediate peer group, Luke has also collaborated with James Holden, PQM, Cass and Austin Leeds; released on Yoshitoshi, Bedrock and Positiva and remixed Bjork, Crystal Method, Gus Gus and Sasha. The mutual appreciation with Sasha extends further still from early 2004 when Sasha delivered a 30-minute radio mix almost entirely comprised of Chable remix and productions, verbally justifying his tracklist by way of a compliment to the quality of Luke’s recent work - high praise indeed. Little wonder his DJing is now in such demand, a trend that looks set to continue with a worldwide tour over the coming months. All this and only 25 years old, Luke Chable is one of the most exciting new DJs on the planet. Jump inside and find out why.

(Thrive)

CD One – Dave Seaman

1. “Little Soul” - Stel & Good Newz
2.“You Won’t Bother Me” (20/20 Mix) – Da Glass
3.“Silicone Soul” – Les Nocturnes
4.“Drifting Out Of Sight” (FC Kahuna Mix) - Mellow
5.“Come With Me” – Holden & Thompson
6.“Diamond Dust” (Rabbit in the Moon’s Harry Cane Remix) - DJ 19 vs Austin Leeds
7.“New Day” (Killahurtz Mix) - Tilt
8.“To The Moon” – Tonedepth feat. Matt Shapiro
9.“Closest Thing to Heaven” (Brothers In Rhythm Group Therapy Remix) – Tears For Fears
10.“Finding Time” (Killahurtz Mix) - Stel Feat. John Elliott
11.“In My Heart” (Original Instrumental) - Ethan
12.“Little Soul” (Group Therapy Reprise) - Stel & Good Newz

CD Two – Luke Chable

1.“Skin Up” – Andy Page
2.“Fragile” – Rene Amesz
3.“Little Snitch” – Dan Mangan
4.“2Kool4Skool” - Uberzone
5.“Moondusted” - Uberzone
6.“Return To Saturn” – Danni Bonnici
7.“Parallel Realities” (Habersham’s Git Er Dun Mix) – Kling & Charles
8.“Pickadollen” – Thunderpants
9.“Discobreak” – Nikola Gala
10.“Cruel Summer” (Mannel Dub) - Mannel
11.“Tokyo” (Luke Chable Mix) – Chable & Dirty Fours
12.“Bloc Rock” – Luke Fair
13.“Skyline Road” - Chable

there is talk of me interviewing them this wknd too. seeing stevey p tonight- can't wait to tell him your news!

let you know what shakes out.

Posted by: Chelsea Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:04 am
 Post Post subject:

not fair Sad

Posted by: Stark Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:34 pm
 Post Post subject:

Go on the 16th of April, Toronto is closer...and the U.S. dollar stretches much further in Toronto than NYC.

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:55 pm
 Post Post subject:

pretty fun night. i'll send you the interviews when i get them typed out. (btw, both are super nice)

listened to the cd all today. it's o.k.

Posted by: Justin Hartman Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Hot Tub Beer Golf Champion
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:04 pm
 Post Post subject:

thomar wrote:
pretty fun night. i'll send you the interviews when i get them typed out. (btw, both are super nice)

How the hell did You get to interview them?

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:34 pm
 Post Post subject:

cloudten wrote:
thomar wrote:

'cause i'm a crafty bastard :wink:

Posted by: Justin Hartman Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Hot Tub Beer Golf Champion
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:05 pm
 Post Post subject:

thomar wrote:
cloudten wrote:
thomar wrote:

'cause i'm a crafty bastard :wink:

I see. Very Happy

Page 1 of 1