Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metropolis on Sundays...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Metropolis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:21 am
 Post Post subject:

i go on what i hear from other owners and managers...

NLE Spyral wrote:
I apologize man, I guess I am putting a bit too much of the blame on you. I do commend you for your success, but when you say that nobody else is "succeeding" in the business, I have to stand up and defend. Hope there are no hard feelings.

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:26 am
 Post Post subject:

Popcorn

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:41 pm
 Post Post subject:

neuspeed wrote:
Popcorn

Laughing Laughing Laughing good one

Posted by: Metropolis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:57 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:

Metropolis: I apologize, I suppose that what you HAVE done has gone unnoticed by me because I stopped going to Metro so much due to lack of remodeling and new image, and lack of a crowd. But I wish you best of success, and hope everything works out for the best for you.

Thank you, i missed that...

Posted by: Just ... Spyral Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:41 pm
 Post Post subject:

No problem.

Posted by: JasonD Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:14 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
1. To reiterate, Trance isn't techno. House isn't techno either. the techno police would not be amused by this generalization.

2. If you're playing orig CD's or Cd's ripped from your own vinyl that's cool. If you're playing pirated shit you won't make many friends here.

First of all, I am not getting into a discussion about what "techno" is and what "house" is and what "trance" is. I really don't have the time or the patience to get into such a stupid discussion. So, for the sake of arguing let's just call what I play good "ELECTRONIC MUSIC."

Secondly, Where did your second point come from?? Because I said I play CD's, you just assume that I am using pirated material?? Does this also mean I am not a real DJ too because I am not breaking my back carrying 10 crates of vinyl down with me to play?? Lighten up. You would probably be pretty damn surprised at how much money I, personally, and my friend (DJ Impulse) put into equipment and music. It would probably make your head spin..... That's all I'm gonna say about that.....

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:05 pm
 Post Post subject:

JasonD wrote:
First of all, I am not getting into a discussion about what "techno" is and what "house" is and what "trance" is. I really don't have the time or the patience to get into such a stupid discussion. So, for the sake of arguing let's just call what I play good "ELECTRONIC MUSIC."

Secondly, Where did your second point come from?? Because I said I play CD's, you just assume that I am using pirated material?? Does this also mean I am not a real DJ too because I am not breaking my back carrying 10 crates of vinyl down with me to play?? Lighten up. You would probably be pretty damn surprised at how much money I, personally, and my friend (DJ Impulse) put into equipment and music. It would probably make your head spin..... That's all I'm gonna say about that.....

That attitude will get you nowhere. have a nice day.

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:28 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
That attitude will get you nowhere.

From the way you act/talk, I guess you would know.....

Posted by: Hoppa Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:52 am
 Post Post subject:

wow!!clevelando,, got to love it????muzik iz everything!!!! Question

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:06 pm
 Post Post subject:

You can have the most expensive equipment in the world, and STILL suck!

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:51 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
You can have the most expensive equipment in the world, and STILL suck!

I am not sure if you are trying to imply that I now suck because I have good equipment or if you are just making a general statement. But, yes, you can SUCK whether you are playing vinyl or CD's or whether you are playing on $hitty equipment, or excellent equipment or whether you are playing D&B, or house, or techno, or trance, or top 40, etc.. In other words, if you SUCK, you SUCK!! Great, I am glad that that is all cleared up...

These forums seem to be nothing but a rip fest on DJ's/clubs/promoters, etc.... The whole purpose of this thread was to let you/people know what was going on at Metropolis on Sunday nights. It has gone from an informative thread, to the definition of "techno music," to whether I am playing pirated material (which, I have no idea where this came from), to what equipment I/We have and that we can "STILL suck" regardless of what I/We are using. Certain people on these threads get on here and talk a bunch a crap, and yet don't even come down to check out what is going on. Talk is cheap. Anyone can get on here and talk trash, because it is easy to do, especially when posting on an internet forum.

I am not sure if some DJ's feel threatened in some way, and feel like they need to cut others down to make themselves look good/better or what. I don't get into that. If you are good at what you do, then that is great. If you are better than me, or I am better than you - SO WHAT!!! I do believe that if everyone who is into the "electronic music" scene (especially in Cleveland) would be a little more supportive of each other instead of trying to knock each other down all the time, we'd have a lot stronger "electronic music" culture here.

Anyway, if you get a chance, come down and check it out every Sunday night at Metropolis. I am more than happy to talk to other people who are into the same kind of music.....

Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:38 pm
 Post Post subject:

JasonD wrote:
Quote:
1. To reiterate, Trance isn't techno. House isn't techno either. the techno police would not be amused by this generalization.

2. If you're playing orig CD's or Cd's ripped from your own vinyl that's cool. If you're playing pirated shit you won't make many friends here.

Guilty conscience or lack or reading ability? I belive Neuspeed said cool if you're playing original CDs, not cool if you're not. That's not pointing fingers specfically either way.

As far as "good" EDM...how about a tracklisting/chart? Then maybe there'd be something substantial to discuss versus emotional rants.

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:41 pm
 Post Post subject:

I wasn't implying that YOU suck, I was making a general statement, so don't be an asspacket and get all defensive.

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:14 pm
 Post Post subject:

[quote]I wasn't implying that YOU suck, I was making a general statement, so don't be an asspacket and get all defensive.[quote]

Oh, of course there is no reason to get defensive, right?!? I mean, I can tell by this post of yours that you aren't trying to be offensive or degrading in any way shape or form....Not only that, but I specifically said in my post that you may have been making a general statement...Geez, Talk about getting defensive!!!!

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:17 pm
 Post Post subject:

Rolling Eyes Stupid

Posted by: MrTikTak Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:32 pm
 Post Post subject:

Hey guys settle this with a DJ battle!!

Put your skillz up and let that talk for you.

My I missed the good old days, if anyone called me out on my skillz I would battle them!!

DJ BATTLE, DJ BATTLE!!

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:33 pm
 Post Post subject:

I wish we had "i ratings" here. Maybe in the future....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:41 am
 Post Post subject:

Hey man, I'm not challenging anyone on their skillz, I was just makin a point. I've seen people spend $3,000 on equipment, and didn't have a clue what they were doing. Then you got someone like me who spent $750 on equipment, and I sound pretty good (not to be egotistic). It's not the equipment, it's the man behind it that puts on the show.

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:21 am
 Post Post subject:

Popcorn ...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:30 am
 Post Post subject:

I still don't see any sort of a chart or tracklisting up......

why not present some real facts.

Page 4 of 5