Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metropolis on Sundays...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Metropolis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:22 am
 Post Post subject: falling apart???

wow i guess my remodeling and all my hard work to improve things must be going un noticed.... perhaps i should stop???

Quote:
falling apart like metro

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:25 am
 Post Post subject: you seem negative and i can understand why...but

the truth is, they are drawing in WAY more people than your crew did. End of story!

PhuturePhysix wrote:
I'm going to ask the question many before you have been asked including myself......

You may be saying your "just" the DJ. There has been MANY seriously talented "just" DJ's, that where not appreciated for their talent and where blamed for not drawing HUGE crowds by certain employees.

So who is the promoter for this night? Is there one or is it the club itself? Is there going to be promotions for this? It's been a few weeks, haven't seen any.

What are you and the club itself going to do different than the "many" others before you, haven't tried yet to make this night a success? What is going to draw us from going to other venues and to head to Metropolis "this time"?

And why are you so confident it will work "this time" when there has been loads and loads of talent that came and went through those doors (including ourselves) and weren't able to make more than a SHORT lived Sunday night?

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:34 am
 Post Post subject: that would be a great idea....

at least we are still hanging on...

tell me one club that is making money in this town (perhaps tramp).. some places look busy, but that are not making a killing due giving away the door and the bar to draw people in. It would take alot of money to totally remodel that 28,000 foot club...trust me..... want to invest????

b.t.w... you call it a hole... what do YOU own thats better?

Quote:
metro reallly needs to shut down and revamp that hole and open under a new name and totally change the way it looks

Posted by: PhuturePhysix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:48 am
 Post Post subject: Re: you seem negative and i can understand why...but

Metropolis wrote:
the truth is, they are drawing in WAY more people than your crew did. End of story!

PhuturePhysix wrote:
I'm going to ask the question many before you have been asked including myself......

You may be saying your "just" the DJ. There has been MANY seriously talented "just" DJ's, that where not appreciated for their talent and where blamed for not drawing HUGE crowds by certain employees.

So who is the promoter for this night? Is there one or is it the club itself? Is there going to be promotions for this? It's been a few weeks, haven't seen any.

What are you and the club itself going to do different than the "many" others before you, haven't tried yet to make this night a success? What is going to draw us from going to other venues and to head to Metropolis "this time"?

And why are you so confident it will work "this time" when there has been loads and loads of talent that came and went through those doors (including ourselves) and weren't able to make more than a SHORT lived Sunday night?

I'm not hating just mearly asking questions we where asked. Need I remind you, before you start bashing my crew, that SOMEONE YOU KNOW played a MAJOR role in our issues with our night. I'm not even gonna go there coz it'll get ugly, You know, I know, others know, I don't have to say much more. END OF STORY!

phuturephysix@yahoo.com
"to walk in someone elses footsteps, means you'll leave no impression on the earth"

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:56 pm
 Post Post subject: thats fine

I'm not hating either... Your crew played good music ... My statement was just saying for some unknown reason they are drawing a crowd that grows every week. I did not want to keep going back and forth with reasons why, so I said.. "end of story"

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:57 pm
 Post Post subject: not hating at all

sorry it came across that way... it was 5 in the morning!

Posted by: agent Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:44 pm
 Post Post subject:

Truth be told it is the lack of support from everyone in the scene. Not that intentions are not good. Its just that everyone is competeing for the same thing....( a crowd!! ). Times are tight, weather sux, there is realy not much going on in the flats. Do I realy need to go on? I give props to anyone who can bring a crowd to a weekly a metropolis that isnt on a hip hop night. That is not an easy thing to do. Keep doing what you are doing and let the haters hate.Trust me you dont want to start off on the wrong foot.

Cant we all just get along???

Posted by: JasonD Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:22 pm
 Post Post subject:

Finally, a Sunday with NICE weather in Cleveland. I would like to invite you all once again to come down and check us out at Metropolis tonight, and every Sunday with DJ Impulse, Cleveland's #1 Video DJ, and DJ Jason D. We'll be spinnin' all styles of House, Techno, and Trance from 10 pm to 2 am. Featuring the all-new laser light and video show. Come check it out.....See YOU there!!!

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:08 pm
 Post Post subject:

Just another Reminder......

Quote:
I would like to invite you all once again to come down and check us out at Metropolis tonight, and every Sunday with DJ Impulse, Cleveland's #1 Video DJ, and DJ Jason D. We'll be spinnin' all styles of House, Techno, and Trance from 10 pm to 2 am. Featuring the all-new laser light and video show. Come check it out.....See YOU there!!!

Posted by: Justin Hartman Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Hot Tub Beer Golf Champion
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:21 pm
 Post Post subject:

Is the Super Bowl going to be on the big screens? Very Happy

Posted by: Just ... Spyral Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:44 pm
 Post Post subject:

This is to whoever posts on behalf of Metro:

You ask what club is pulling a crowd? You ask who's doing any better than you are? Try looking around the corner bud. Spy Bar has been stomping out Wednesdays left and right. I'm not starting any drama with your or anything, but I do have to agree with the majority of the people when they say that Metro needs a good revamp. I understand that money is an issue, and that time is also an issue. But you can't keep throwing money in the fire pit. Metro has been a good time in the past, and I will honestly say that I miss going all the time...but it IS in dire need of a remodel. If I could invest in the remodeling myself, I would...but I have more pressing money matters right now. I've always had some really great ideas for Metro, and I really think it could be more than what it is. A new image, a new name, a new sound.........means a new start.

I really hope you don't take any of this the wrong way, as it was meant to be constructive criticism, not drama. Smile

Posted by: Hoppa Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:26 pm
 Post Post subject:

jason d ,,do u play cd;s??? and what kinds of techno!!!or records,,how long have u been "djing" 4 Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: Just ... Spyral Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:19 pm
 Post Post subject:

Got somethin against CD's?

Posted by: Hoppa Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:20 pm
 Post Post subject:

no!!! just wondering!!!why!!!do u have something wrong with records!!! Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:52 pm
 Post Post subject:

I play all CD's. It's a lot easier to take the CD's than 4 or 5 + crates of vinyl. I leave the vinyl at home. I play all kinds of "techno" music. I try to mix it up every night. I usually start off with house and build it up through the night into trance. Best I can say is come check it out sometime. The people there have a good time, and there is almost always somebody dancing....

I've been DJ'ing for about 1 1/2 - 2 years.... Will you come check it out now?? Smile

Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:41 pm
 Post Post subject:

JasonD wrote:
I play all CD's. It's a lot easier to take the CD's than 4 or 5 + crates of vinyl. I leave the vinyl at home. I play all kinds of "techno" music. I try to mix it up every night. I usually start off with house and build it up through the night into trance. Best I can say is come check it out sometime. The people there have a good time, and there is almost always somebody dancing....

I've been DJ'ing for about 1 1/2 - 2 years.... Will you come check it out now?? Smile

trance isn't "techno"

Posted by: Derek Carney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:41 am
 Post Post subject:

You guys should revamp "NEXT" on Saturday nights.

Anyone here old enough to remember those nights?! I remember a lot of fake blood and bandages and that lady who sings "In My House" belting that tune out at the top of her lungs. Oh, and Kira doing her crack dance.

Good times.

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:25 am
 Post Post subject:

JasonD wrote:

1. To reiterate, Trance isn't techno. House isn't techno either. the techno police would not be amused by this generalization.

2. If you're playing orig CD's or Cd's ripped from your own vinyl that's cool. If you're playing pirated shit you won't make many friends here.

Posted by: ROBTRONIX Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Too Hip For A Rank
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:13 am
 Post Post subject:

Jeez, tough crowd :petting:

VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:40 am
 Post Post subject: no thank you

why do something old... how about new ideas... moving forward...

also our sats are doing 600-700 people, why would i change from that?

DJ Dwreck wrote:
You guys should revamp "NEXT" on Saturday nights.

Anyone here old enough to remember those nights?! I remember a lot of fake blood and bandages and that lady who sings "In My House" belting that tune out at the top of her lungs. Oh, and Kira doing her crack dance.

Good times.

Page 2 of 5