Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Metropolis on Sundays...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Reviews (Completed Events)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: JasonD Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:44 pm
 Post Post subject: Metropolis on Sundays...

Come check out Metropolis this Sunday, and every Sunday with DJ Impulse, Cleveland's #1 Video DJ and DJ Jason D. We'll be spinnin' all styles of House, Techno, and Trance from 10 pm to 2 am. Featuring the all-new laser light and video show. Come check it out.....

Posted by: PhuturePhysix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Professional Hipster
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:14 pm
 Post Post subject:

Good luck with your night! Hope it works out for you :wink:

phuturephysix@yahoo.com
"to walk in someone elses footsteps, means you'll leave no impression on the earth"

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:24 am
 Post Post subject:

Last night was a blast!! Everybody had a good time and stayed all night long. I know that this sounds like a lot of the other posts that have been on here about Sunday's at Metropolis. BUT, last night was the busiest I have seen Metropolis in a while (besides the big names that come to town), and everyone was enjoying themselves all night long until the last song was played. You need to come check this out, it is DEFINITELY worth every minute of your time......See you there!!

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:04 pm
 Post Post subject:

Again, last week, despite the weather, we had an awesome turnout. Crowd is getting bigger every week. We are hoping to bring Church back to Metropolis, and it is well on its way. Come check us out this Sunday for a night of drinking, dancing, fun, high-energy music, and laser light show - You won't be disappointed!!! Every Sunday starting at 10 p.m.

Professional Hipster
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:25 pm
 Post Post subject:

Jason D:"We are hoping to bring Church back to Metropolis"

Try making the night something more origional from your crew not The "Church". That names been tossed around for awhile now and in most instances considered a joke

Chasing something that once was, not smart. Those days are long gone. Need to move out of the past and into the future of our music. Anyone can try to recreate "those good ol days" but in all reality, our scene has moved past that and forward into a different direction. Trying to capture a unicorn is nearly impossible, but good luck trying.

phuturephysix@yahoo.com
"to walk in someone elses footsteps, means you'll leave no impression on the earth"

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:49 pm
 Post Post subject:

I Appreciate your input. It is/was not my idea to "bring church back." I just go and do my thing (DJ'ing) there. I guess I am relying on Metropolis to call it what they want to call it or whatever as far as the promotional side of things. I think maybe it would be more appropriate to translate the above as "bringing the church CROWD back." I am just glad to see people finally coming in and staying and having a good time. They can call it whatever they want, but no matter what it is gonna be FUN!! Smile

Hope to see you Sunday!!

Posted by: pattbateman Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:13 pm
 Post Post subject:

cleveland needs a nice highend club playing house/progressive. a club thats huge and doesnt look like its falling apart like metro. and it needs to be promoted as the place to be somehow. and when that club gets huge all the others will follow. metro reallly needs to shut down and revamp that hole and open under a new name and totally change the way it looks. im telling you the opportunity is there. it could be a GREAT club.

Posted by: Jamie Tyler Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:29 pm
 Post Post subject:

pattbateman wrote:
cleveland needs a nice highend club playing house/progressive. a club thats huge and doesnt look like its falling apart like metro. and it needs to be promoted as the place to be somehow. and when that club gets huge all the others will follow. metro reallly needs to shut down and revamp that hole and open under a new name and totally change the way it looks. im telling you the opportunity is there. it could be a GREAT club.

So what was Moda before they changed formats?

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:15 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:

I totally agree with what you are saying. I wish there was more I could do to help, but again, I am not a promoter/club owner - I'm (just) a DJ. I wish they would understand the whole concept of having to spend money to make money. You can't just throw out 5000 flyers across town and expect the club to be a huge success. It takes a lot more than that. I do, however, think that we have something going right now that I haven't seen at Metropolis since I began to play there. It seems as though we are forming a good base of people that has been getting larger week after week that will help to get the place up and bumpin' again. I do appreciate anybody's/everybody's input that is willing to help out. Again, I hope to see you there this Sunday!!! (Despite any weather) Smile

Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:06 pm
 Post Post subject:

So this is the 5th time "We're bringing back The Church" in the last three years?

I'd say something else, but that says it all.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:08 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
So this is the 5th time "We're bringing back The Church" in the last three years?

I'd say something else, but that says it all.

Read below please....I think THAT says it all......

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:05 am
 Post Post subject:

Hoping to see a good crowd again tonight at Metropolis. If you are into High Energy house, trance, techno make sure that you come and check it out tonight and every Sunday.....

Professional Hipster
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:12 am
 Post Post subject:

I'm going to ask the question many before you have been asked including myself......

You may be saying your "just" the DJ. There has been MANY seriously talented "just" DJ's, that where not appreciated for their talent and where blamed for not drawing HUGE crowds by certain employees.

So who is the promoter for this night? Is there one or is it the club itself? Is there going to be promotions for this? It's been a few weeks, haven't seen any.

What are you and the club itself going to do different than the "many" others before you, haven't tried yet to make this night a success? What is going to draw us from going to other venues and to head to Metropolis "this time"?

And why are you so confident it will work "this time" when there has been loads and loads of talent that came and went through those doors (including ourselves) and weren't able to make more than a SHORT lived Sunday night?

phuturephysix@yahoo.com

Posted by: El Mariachi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:30 pm
 Post Post subject:

neuspeed wrote:
pattbateman wrote:

So what was Moda before they changed formats?

Country music.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Noob Help Desk Attendant
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:50 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
I'm going to ask the question many before you have been asked including myself......

You may be saying your "just" the DJ. There has been MANY seriously talented "just" DJ's, that where not appreciated for their talent and where blamed for not drawing HUGE crowds by certain employees.

I know where you are coming from, but I do not know all the details about what happened....

Quote:
So who is the promoter for this night? Is there one or is it the club itself? Is there going to be promotions for this? It's been a few weeks, haven't seen any.

The only promotions right now are word of mouth, and what I have posted on here. There have been some people wanting to do flyers, and that might be happening soon too. The simple fact that you know it has been going on for a few weeks is a sign that word is getting around - That's a good thing. I think word-of-mouth is the biggest promoter.

Quote:
What are you and the club itself going to do different than the "many" others before you, haven't tried yet to make this night a success? What is going to draw us from going to other venues and to head to Metropolis "this time"?

The only thing I can say to this is that the people that are there on Sundays and that have been coming out are speaking for themselves. The number of people that have been coming down Sunday after Sunday for the past 3 weeks has been steadily growing (even despite the weather we had last Sunday). If it's any indication, then tonight should be our best night yet, even though next Sunday will probably be even better, etc.. As far as what will draw you to Metropolis "this time" - Come down and check it out. If you don't like it, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with you....Just Kidding!! Just come check it out - there is nobody forcing you to stay, or even come back for that matter if you don't like it.

Quote:
And why are you so confident it will work "this time" when there has been loads and loads of talent that came and went through those doors (including ourselves) and weren't able to make more than a SHORT lived Sunday night?

I have to be confident that this is going to take off, and I am VERY confident it will. WHY? Because, I AM different than anybody else who has "come and gone through those doors." Everybody who has come and gone has been different - Everybody has their own style, and I am relying on what and how I play to make the night a success. I don't want to get into any philosophical discussions as to what makes a club successful and how to promote, etc... I am just simply letting you and others know what we are doing on Sunday nights at Metropolis and asking you to come down and check it out....That's all....

Posted by: MrTikTak Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:42 pm
 Post Post subject:

Success for a club would be a well promoted country/western night, alright. Man, noone is cornering this market right now and country music is like the most listened to music in america. WOW, I better start working on this one!!

Posted by: jdat Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:39 pm
 Post Post subject:

MrTikTak wrote:
Success for a club would be a well promoted country/western night, alright. Man, noone is cornering this market right now and country music is like the most listened to music in america. WOW, I better start working on this one!!

Sunday's line dancing with lead dance by Connie Lynne!

That would rock wouldn't it Question Laughing

Posted by: El Mariachi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Trainspotter
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:14 pm
 Post Post subject:

I was about to post a really bad joke.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Posted by: djmoose Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:10 am
 Post Post subject:

On Jan 23, 2005,
PhuturePhysix wrote:

On Sept 16th, 2004,
djmoose wrote:

so tell us what is going to be different this time?

The last Sunday night I stopped in (I beleive 2 Sundays ago) there were literally 6 people there.

Every group that goes in there on Sunday nights claims it's going to be the next big thing...and it always BLOWS.

I just would like to hear what's different this time for a few reasons:
1. So I have a reason to check it out
2. Because a big Sunday night club night WOULD be awsome
3. I've seen the same claims from like 3-4 different "production companies" in the last few year and each time it SUCKED.

I'm not hating...just being realistic and wanting to know what's going to be different besides the name?

Wow...I'm flattered!!! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: Metropolis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:19 am
 Post Post subject:

JasonD wrote:
I guess I am relying on Metropolis to call it what they want to call it or whatever as far as the promotional side of things.

I thought we buried that name? Not our idea to bring that name back, that's 4 sure.... Smile

Page 1 of 5