Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Forbidden City (General Discussion)
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: The Scythian Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Cockmongler
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:59 pm
 Post Post subject: THE Cleveland Browns thread....

What the fuck? You fired the coach that seemed to be in charge of a team that displayed some real potential?

Personally, I think the Browns suffer from an ownership that might be a bit jumpy.

You don't develop a good team through one or even two seasons. This includes the coach.

So you fire your coach, and spend another year where said coach tries to relate and communicate with his players. Probably suffering more losses.

Than you don't win as much as you want, and the new coach gets fired.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland got impatient and got rid of McCoy.

"He doesn't win games"...

Bullshit.

For the record, I'm actually an avid Steelers fan, but I'm SICK of the Browns/Steelers rivalry being nothing more than a joke.

Cleveland needs to understand that it takes time to make a team.

If they do, maybe the Steelers and Browns games will once again be interesting and exciting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Cockmongler
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:46 pm
 Post Post subject:

Sorry guys. I was really drunk last night celebrating the win. You can either delete this or merge it with another Cleveland Browns thread.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Posted by: SheriffKevin Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:33 pm
 Post Post subject:

it's ok bro i miss romeo too

graph wrote:
fuck im getting the shit trolled out of me

Posted by: curved.space.labs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:23 am
 Post Post subject:

Actually, the Browns - Steelers rivalry is just that...it just goes in long cycles, that's all. We owned the fuck out of your pathetic piece of shit team in the 50s and 60s, then the steel curtain owned everyone in the 70s, the Browns owned the 80s without question, the Steelers started to get a hold in the 90s with Cowher and have dominated the 2K era.

GUESS WHO'S UP FOR WINNING THAT SHIT for the next 10+ year? Trust, it may not happen right away, but shit will turn.

As to the coach, he was a putz. He was 10-22, man, what do you expect? I agree that stability is key, but H&H (Holmgren & Heckert) *just* got here. Let them set up shit the real way one time. Best management set up since Accorsi in the 80s/early 90s...it will take effect, but they've got to have they're own people.

So far:
McCoy, Haden and Ward are studs. Then there's that whole Quinn for Hillis trade. I think we're in good hands.

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:19 am
 Post Post subject:

curved.space.labs wrote:
Actually, the Browns - Steelers rivalry is just that...it just goes in long cycles, that's all. We owned the fuck out of your pathetic piece of shit team in the 50s and 60s, then the steel curtain owned everyone in the 70s, the Browns owned the 80s without question, the Steelers started to get a hold in the 90s with Cowher and have dominated the 2K era.

GUESS WHO'S UP FOR WINNING THAT SHIT for the next 10+ year? Trust, it may not happen right away, but shit will turn.

As to the coach, he was a putz. He was 10-22, man, what do you expect? I agree that stability is key, but H&H (Holmgren & Heckert) *just* got here. Let them set up shit the real way one time. Best management set up since Accorsi in the 80s/early 90s...it will take effect, but they've got to have they're own people.

So far:
McCoy, Haden and Ward are studs. Then there's that whole Quinn for Hillis trade. I think we're in good hands.

im going to dig up all of your old posts

all of them

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:25 am
 Post Post subject:

graph wrote:
curved.space.labs wrote:

So far:

im going to dig up all of your old posts

all of them

yeah, yeah. please do. I never said I actually *liked* the guy, just that the team won 4 in a row at the end of last year. But like I said in the other thread, the NFL is about wins and losses, and he just didn't get it done in that department. As for anything else, like Savage, et. al...what can I say - I was wrong.

No worries, I'm not attached emotionally like I used to be, and I get a lot more enjoyment out of watching them without so much being invested.

Cockmongler
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:51 pm
 Post Post subject:

csl wrote:
I agree that stability is key, but H&H (Holmgren & Heckert) *just* got here.

So did Mangini, no?

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:54 pm
 Post Post subject:

The Scythian wrote:
csl wrote:
I agree that stability is key, but H&H (Holmgren & Heckert) *just* got here.

So did Mangini, no?

Well, yeah, but he wasn't their guy...and they did give him another year, to be a bit fair. He didn't show improvement, and so - sayonara

Posted by: (216)BASS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:28 am
 Post Post subject:

I trust in Holmgren & Heckert.........

AAFC Champions - '46, "47, '48, '49

NFL Champions - '50, '54, '55, '64

Cleveland Rams - 1945 NFL Champions

We played in 3 AFC Championship games

We played for the NFL Championship 11 times, winning 4

We lost in the '68 & '69 NFL Championship games to go to Super Bowl lll & lV

We had a proud football tradition until Art Modell broke our hearts and moved our team to Baltimore, we were out of football for 3 years

I was born in '75 and from my earliest memory had a Brian Sipe poster on my door, I bleed brown & orange. If i've lived through all of these dark times and am still a fan then i'm not giving up now. My son is a Browns fan.....even though many of his classmates are Steelers fans......he will live on the Hall tradition. We go to games whether we have a winning record or losing record........WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM. We root for our team.........no matter who the players, coach or owner is, because we can't control any of that. GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!

Posted by: validation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 "The Situation"
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:25 pm
 Post Post subject:

so wait, is this going to be a "rebuilding year?"

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:26 pm
 Post Post subject:

validation wrote:
so wait, is this going to be a "rebuilding year?"

Sort of...I mean, traditionally, with this big of a changeover of front office and player personnel, you'd think 3-4 years, but just look at Atlanta after the Vick thing...new coach, new qb - in the playoffs the first year and best record in their conference by year 3 (they just happened to run into the Aaron Rodgers buzzsaw). I think the expectations are for a faster turnaround these days.

Even though H&H are in their 2nd year, this will be yet more turnover, with Pat Shurmur's offense and Dick Jauron's D...new systems on both sides of the ball, but if the players are good enough, they should be able to pick it up fast enough. I don't expect them to be playoff ready anytime soon, but now that the organization finally seems to have its shit together since coming back into the league (for real this time), I think they could at least be on the edge of greatness by the end of Shurmur's 2nd year. I hope that's the case, at least, cuz Holmgren hand picked this guy. I was skeptical at first, but after having listened to them both at the press conference, I think we got a good one....finally. I'd say year 3, to be honest and realistic...it takes time...think about Dungy/Gruden in Tampa Bay, Holmgren in GB, etc...teams with long cultures of losing need a longer time to come around.

On offense we now have an uncontested, legitimate starter at QB (first time since Kosar), All Pro Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach & Mack anchoring the line, a capable receiver with a lot of upside in Massaquoi, and the most gruesome, bad ass runner since Earl Campbell in Hillis. If we get lucky enough to get AJ Green, I think the West Coast offense is going to flourish.

Defense could use some work up front. Haden is fucking sick and TJ Ward has lived up to reputation as the prototypical "hard hitting" safety, so that's nice, but the pass rush needs work...I really, really hope Jauron finally puts us back into a 4-3 and we draft a DE with our first or second pick, depending on how who's available. Could use an outside linebacker, too.

Posted by: validation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 "The Situation"
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:08 pm
 Post Post subject:

thanks for the insight, but i was being sarcastic. every year in cleveland is a "rebuilding year," but the only thing that gets built is a bus line nobody uses.

Posted by: graph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 hublugggggghhhh
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:11 pm
 Post Post subject:

validation wrote:
thanks for the insight, but i was being sarcastic. every year in cleveland is a "rebuilding year," but the only thing that gets built is a bus line nobody uses.

i use it and it owns owns owns

Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:17 pm
 Post Post subject:

validation wrote:
the only thing that gets built is a bus line nobody uses.

hehe, this is actually pretty good.

Page 1 of 1