Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : The Food Court: Dining Out or In
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: ROBTRONIX Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Too Hip For A Rank
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:37 am
 Post Post subject: Luxe Kitchen & Lounge

Went there a few weeks ago and fucking loved this place.
We both tried the Bloom which is there Signature Drink, Lavender & Blueberry, hand-made lemonade with citrus vodka. "Fucking delicious and deadly."
I had the Quattro Fromaggio {a.k.a. 4 cheese pizza} a dinner salad and all the fixings. She had the Potato Gnocchi w/Asparagus & Tomato Saffron Sauce.

Overall I think this place is very nice, and a great place to take a date.

Luxe Kitchen & Lounge
6605 detroit avenue • cleveland, oh 44102 • 216.920.0600 • myspace.com/luxecleveland

"Reuse, recycle, and repurpose." Marlin Kaplan—one of Northeast Ohio's most artful restaurateurs—opens his newest restaurant in the revitalized Detroit Shoreway area. Luxe creates a cool marriage of vintage and modern. The glass-fronted open kitchen looks through an exposed brick archway into the 60 seat main dining area, which pairs neatly with the stamped metal ceiling throughout. The actual bar itself is a piece of history. A 1930's Art Deco fixture which was purchased from a spot in Collinwood which was facing demolition. You will also find bentwood chairs salvaged from the former New York Spaghetti House, and a gorgeous walnut cabinet reclaimed from a Lodi hardware store. The funky window treatment fits the chef's famous sense of playfulness: "I wanted something that would reflect the neighborhood. I think this is fun, it's artful — and it's created quite a buzz."

Posted by: stoutxtc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Housin' Yo' Ass
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:16 pm
 Post Post subject: Re: Luxe Kitchen & Lounge

ROBTRONIX wrote:
Overall I think this place is very nice, and a great place to take a date.

Sure is! Went on a dinner date there a couple of months ago...Decor was awesome, place was packed and the Fetuccini dish that I had was awesome!

The prices for all the dishes are quite afforable(I think the highest thing that noticed was $22) AND they have a spinster jukeboxing tunes live(note I said spinster & not dj...music for background ambiance...not to get up & dance).

The after dinner martini(I believe it was a Vanilla Chai martini)was awesome as well!

I'm glad that this place is where it is...in the area where I used to go to the Brillo Pad!
Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted by: Metz Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:20 am
 Post Post subject:

Went there and had the angus burger. It was mediocre. The bun was way too big for the patty and seemed stale (not to mention wet on the bottom for some reason). Add a tiny piece of lettuce, small tomato slice, two little red onion slices and a side of greasy garlic potato chips all for $8.50 = not worth it.

Very disappointed.

Posted by: Metropolis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:17 pm
 Post Post subject:

Me and Nikki popped in to Luxe last week, She loved the place..although I already knew the Decor since I'm the one that put in the audio system...

We tried the family meal for 2.. (chefs choice for 3 course dinner) All three courses were very good. We didn't try any drinks, we opted for wine.

On a negative side was how long our dining outing lasted, we arrived at 8:35 and did not get out till 10:55 . The wait to get seated was only 20 minutes.. food arrived at our table at an average wait. The problem was when we were done, we sat for like 40 minutes before the waitress got our check. One comment on the staff as well and not in a bad way is they went above and beyond being friendly. When the waitress came over to our table the first time she was so friendly I started wondering if me or Nikki knew her from somewhere or something. It was kinda strange.. But the 2 couples at the table next to us started talking and laughing about the same thing about the guy waiting on them. Perhaps it is part of training to make people feel at home or something or the type of people they choose on interviews.
And the spinster on the system (rob ortenzi) was playing a nice mix of backround music that kept the vibe very on trac! One thing they did do wrong at this place is put a 42' lcd tv up above the bar to the far left, totally blocking one of that areas main speakers completely.Note to TV installer.... Um speakers will not project audio through a solid large objects!

All in all we do like this place and recommend for others to try it out.

Posted by: Mike Gunn Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:47 pm
 Post Post subject:

This is by far one of my favorite restaurants in Cleveland. The drinks/food are phenomenal! Def. worth a check it! Great atmosphere & decor too!

Posted by: Stark Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:07 pm
 Post Post subject:

amazing food indeed

Page 1 of 1