Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic Time to Vote! Kerry Or Bush, or to hell with both of em?

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : Forbidden City (General Discussion)
View previous topic : View next topic

Who are u voting for?
a) Bush
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
b) Kerry
74%
 74%  [ 23 ]
c) Undecided
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

Posted by: evo1892 Reply with quote
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:41 am

Post Post subject: Time to Vote! Kerry Or Bush, or to hell with both of em?

lets do a little online Election and see who would win as of now...

P.S. this is completely annonomous, u don't have to post...

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:24 pm

Post Post subject:

no votes for Bush yet, this is interesting...

Posted by: MrTikTak Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:01 pm
 Post Post subject:

My feelings on this is they win we all lose.

Posted by: audi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Candy Raver
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:05 pm
 Post Post subject:

Kerry!

(but I'm afraid Bush'll steal THIS election, too)

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:02 am

Post Post subject:

now look at the results, if Bush gets re-elected then there is something wrong, i have done these polls on several different websites and all have the same result....Kerry shall be our new President unless Bush rigs this election like he did the last!

oh, by the way, FUCK BUSH!

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:32 am
 Post Post subject:

Not to burst your bubble but I highly doubt the websites you polled gave a complete and accurate sampling of the beliefs of the whole of America.

Dont get me wrong I hope Bush comes out on the short end too...

Posted by: citizenj Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:26 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quick heads up: YES, Bush will do everything in his (and his cronies) power to steal the election. Voter Registration Logs have been ravaged by the 'no felon can vote' law. How? In states where felons no longer have the right to vote, their names are struck from the log. This is NOT done by ssn or any other unique identifier, but by name alone, so if you happen to have the same name as a convicted felon, don't be surprised if you're not allowed to vote (lucky for me ohio doesn't have that law).

Diebold is responsible for producing thirty percent of the voting machines that will be in use during this election. The CEO/President/Owner of Diebold is a diehard Bush supporter who raised over $100,000 at a private fundraiser at his home. He's gone on record saying he would "do everything in his power to help Bush win." The machines Diebold produced don't have a paper receipt for the vote, so there's no trail, and how hard is it to hack a machine and change the votes? Took one group of hackers under 5 minutes.

ES&S is a company also responsible for electronic voting machines. Guess who runs it- the head of Diebold's brother.

Yeah, it's gonna be a f*cked election.

Don't believe me? Check this link:
http://healthandenergy.com/election_fraud.htm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Posted by: Deviant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:36 pm
 Post Post subject:

bushwik wrote:
Not to burst your bubble but I highly doubt the websites you polled gave a complete and accurate sampling of the beliefs of the whole of America.

Dont get me wrong I hope Bush comes out on the short end too...

True, but neither do most of the major polls. They do not sample newly registered voters, as they are not "likely voters" (have voted at least twice before). Cellphone-only users are also not included, which encompasses a lot of young folks. New registrations and young people tend to lean Democrat. Of course, this will be offset by Republican organizations destroying registration forms submitted by Democrats, as well as Republican henchmen scaring people away from voting locations on Election Day.

Posted by: Tekatoka Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:43 pm
 Post Post subject:

Whatever happened to the principle of "no taxation without representation?"

Why can't the processes of tax collection and voter registration somehow be aligned?

Lawyers of the crowd, please explain.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Posted by: danpetrov Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mnml Scarf Wearer
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:55 pm
 Post Post subject:

headrushmusic wrote:
Why can't the processes of tax collection and voter registration somehow be aligned?

are you asking if the same records that are used for tax purposes can be used for voter registration?

i think the problem with that is that the right to vote isn't dependent on paying taxes, and that paying taxes doesn't guarantee you the right to vote. in other words, there are lots of people who are entitled to vote who don't pay taxes for one reason or another (legal or otherwise). there are also lots of people who do pay taxes who are not entitled to vote.

apologies if i misunderstood the question.

Posted by: firstdivision Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 King of all Pimps
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:01 pm
 Post Post subject:

fuck after reading that article on the voting machines it almost makes me want to skip voting and go straight to rioting....this is going to be a shitty election and if Bush wins and obviously he will I think we will need to do a 100 Million man march on washington and just pull him from office.

"..and fuck your parakeet to" -LH

I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:04 pm
 Post Post subject:

danpetrov wrote:
headrushmusic wrote:

are you asking if the same records that are used for tax purposes can be used for voter registration?

i think the problem with that is that the right to vote isn't dependent on paying taxes, and that paying taxes doesn't guarantee you the right to vote. in other words, there are lots of people who are entitled to vote who don't pay taxes for one reason or another (legal or otherwise). there are also lots of people who do pay taxes who are not entitled to vote.

apologies if i misunderstood the question.

That makes sense...

I guess I just don't understand why they're not aligned. I don't know that I would necessarily agree to a proposal that mandated every citizen should vote, but there should be at least some process where every citizen is either registered or otherwise accounted for in the voting process.

The National Voter Registration Act now makes it possible for people to submit a voter registration when they get a driver's license or vehicle registration, but I'd imagine there are significantly fewer people who drive than people who pay taxes, especially seniors, the disabled, or those without cars.

Posted by: jdat Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:25 pm
 Post Post subject:

headrushmusic wrote:
That makes sense...

I guess I just don't understand why they're not aligned. I don't know that I would necessarily agree to a proposal that mandated every citizen should vote, but there should be at least some process where every citizen is either registered or otherwise accounted for in the voting process.

The National Voter Registration Act now makes it possible for people to submit a voter registration when they get a driver's license or vehicle registration, but I'd imagine there are significantly fewer people who drive than people who pay taxes, especially seniors, the disabled, or those without cars.

Our military secret service police etc aren't coordinated and they are matters of national security so to speak and are they coordinated?

Hell no and we know they aren't ... so going as far as suggesting they should have that for voting / taxing seems like an unrealistic request from our government running sub standard computer networks etc

The gov's structure is too large and too different that they somehow can't inter-connect. What a load of crap!

They need help from Progressive to make things work properly :wink:

I<3CNL
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:51 pm
 Post Post subject:

jdat wrote:

They need help from Progressive to make things work properly :wink:

Naw, they just need one badass relational database.

Maybe the Matrix wasn't such a bad idea after all. :wink:

Posted by: bushwik Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:56 pm
 Post Post subject:

Quote:
True, but neither do most of the major polls. They do not sample newly registered voters, as they are not "likely voters" (have voted at least twice before). Cellphone-only users are also not included, which encompasses a lot of young folks. New registrations and young people tend to lean Democrat. Of course, this will be offset by Republican organizations destroying registration forms submitted by Democrats, as well as Republican henchmen scaring people away from voting locations on Election Day.

Dave you are absolutely right and I hope those people show up on Tuesday b/c that is the dagger in the groin to Bush if they do...

I predicted back in March Kerry would win this election and the poplular vote, but all this voter intimidation and fraud talk has got me scared now.

I can bet that there will be some serious shit go on next week in regards to voter disenfranchisment in more than one state. Ohio is def at the top of the list[/code]

Page 1 of 1