Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : The Food Court: Dining Out or In
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Tymezup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:04 pm
 Post Post subject: Nasty & Nice

This thread you need to say something nice about a dining establishment in Cleveland, and then rant about one. I'll start.

Nice...
Gypsy Bean & Coffee Company. I am really starting to like the Gordon Square area. Gypsy bean is a great local coffee shop. The pastries are made fresh daily, and the bearclaws rock - and that rest of the food is pretty good (sometimes a little bland, but still amazingly good). Their iced toddy is spot on, and a great list of specialty coffee based drinks that can't be matched.

Nasty...
Maria's. They have new owners, and can you image the food got worse. Worst Calamari I have ever had today, and then this nasty ass nachos... horrible. Not to mention and awful smell when you walked in... no wonder they are never busy any more.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Posted by: NRM Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mod from the Future
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:37 pm
 Post Post subject:

Smile

good thread idea, i will be in on it

Posted by: Metz Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:43 am
 Post Post subject:

Nasty: Ty Fun Bistro. And not because of the food. I didn't get a chance to eat there. When we walked in the door we were ignored for a while then got the nastiest look from the host. He was just looking at me and my friend and not speaking. I finally said "What? Do we need reservations?" And he just said "We don't have anything until 9:30pm" and turned away. I'm like WTF??? Rude as hell. I will never eat there.

Nice: Thai Hut on Madison in Lakewood. Ended up there after the above fiasco. Food was excellent.

Posted by: mikeg216 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Candy Raver
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 am
 Post Post subject:

Nice: reddstone the food is just great i cant get enough of the duck confit pizza

Nasty: their beer selection is quite poor it does not live up to the quality of the food at all, come on guys i know you can do better

Posted by: curved.space.labs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:57 pm
 Post Post subject:

Nice:: Momocho. Pleasant vibes, great patio, and possibly the most consistent food of anywhere - regardless of genre - I've eaten in the last 3 1/2 years in Cleveland. Out-fucking-standing.

Nasty:: Beer Engine. Faux beer joint, with an inferior selection, poor service, below average pub fare, and just way too full of squares & jocks. Daumen nieder. [German for Thumbs Down.]

Posted by: Archived Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:17 pm
 Post Post subject:

Don't have any "nasties" at the moment, but here are two "nices":

Nice:: Lorelei and Imperial Dortumunder at Great Lakes. Both are amazing beers. Lorelei could by my favorite of the whole roster at the moment, an amber German wheat beer with lots of character. Imperial Dortmunder will kick your ass to town and back.

Nice:: "Spirit of '76" beans at Phoenix coffee on Detroit in Lakewood. My favorite bean for french press. Having a baby makes you realize how important caffeine can be.

Posted by: TekKnowProd Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Afterhours Champion
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:19 pm
 Post Post subject:

Mark Strauss wrote:
Don't have any "nasties" at the moment, but here are two "nices":

Naghty:: Lorelei and Imperial Dortumunder at Great Lakes. Both are amazing beers. Lorelei could by my favorite of the whole roster at the moment, an amber German wheat beer with lots of character. Imperial Dortmunder will kick your ass to town and back.

Nice:: "Spirit of '76" beans at Phoenix coffee on Detroit in Lakewood. My favorite bean for french press. Having a baby makes you realize how important caffeine can be.

fixed

Page 1 of 1