Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index

Calendar

Cleveland Nightlife Forum Index : The Food Court: Dining Out or In
View previous topic : View next topic
Posted by: Avalon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:36 pm
 Post Post subject: Velocity Bistro

Our current favorite I think. Creative food (a lot of fusion/type stuff) that isn't **too weird**

Good sized portions.

Jamie swears by the saketini, I love the desserts (avocado ice cream ftw!! Apparently the chef makes his own ice cream and it's darn good,) In fact I think a lot is homemade....beware they occassionally run out of a few things (but I think this is because they insist on everything being fresh!)

We've had edamame hummus there too which was fabulous.

The wine list has lots of reasonably priced bottle, there's sushi, and plenty of other good stuff. The patio is nice too on a good day.

Service is usually top notch (though we won't mention one particularly off evening!)

http://www.velocitybistro.com/

If you can't do dinner, just hit the bar for drinks and appetizers and/or desserts.

Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:44 pm
 Post Post subject:

So this sucker is closed or something now. Neutral Mad

Posted by: NRM Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 Mod from the Future
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:04 pm
 Post Post subject:

yes closed.

Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:29 pm
 Post Post subject:

NRM wrote:
yes closed.

Yeah, and the stupid place owes us $50 worth of food. We had a stupid gift certificate. Anyone know how to claim that $$$$? Rolling Eyes Mad

Posted by: ErockUSA Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:20 pm
 Post Post subject:

Ouch.

Good luck on that Val--from my experience, when a restaurant closes, anyone holding a gift certificate/card has been out of luck. That may have changed, though. Your best bet is to talk to someone at the Plain Dealer's Food Desk; maybe they know something. I just tried searching on Cleveland.com, but it was already gone. I also went on clevelandnights.com and dialed the number listed there, but it's disconnected.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Nightlife Goddess
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:08 am
 Post Post subject:

ErockUSA wrote:
Ouch.

Good luck on that Val--from my experience, when a restaurant closes, anyone holding a gift certificate/card has been out of luck. That may have changed, though. Your best bet is to talk to someone at the Plain Dealer's Food Desk; maybe they know something. I just tried searching on Cleveland.com, but it was already gone. I also went on clevelandnights.com and dialed the number listed there, but it's disconnected.

We might be able to get it back as it was one of those dining deals things--we're going to see if we can get the radio station that sold it to eat the $$ of the credit card company to reverse the charges.

Wouldn't be a big deal but it was only sold a few weeks before---if they knew they were closing they shouldn't have been issuing them.

Shadys.

Posted by: ErockUSA Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
 VIP Line Jumper
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:32 am
 Post Post subject:

Avalon wrote:
Wouldn't be a big deal but it was only sold a few weeks before---if they knew they were closing they shouldn't have been issuing them. Shadys.

Agreed. It reminds me of when the Cooker Bar & Grill and Ground Round restaurant chains went under a few years ago. At Cooker, it was instantaneous--all the managers even lost their health insurance the same day the Chapter 7 papers were filed. For Ground Round, it was Saint Valentine's Day no less--apparently the orders were to vacate at once so they made people get up from their dinners and leave.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Page 1 of 1